Spanish Trail Sign.

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 715539
Owl bottom left, looking bottom center. Indian profile bottom right. There is a pig,dog, lion, turtle combo.
View attachment 715540
There is a turtle looking at the cross. I suspect the cross rock has multiple shapes of animals walking around it also. i.e. whale. I had fun thinking that main rock outcrop was a tired turtle and a man's hands around it's neck. lol After looking at hundreds of my pictures, I see turtles everywhere and every size.
View attachment 715542
Seems to have the most wear and tear. I suspect due to its location and it's surrounding dirt. Wouldn't doubt that there is shadow sings. You know. I've found shadow signs right after dawn.

:occasion14:

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Furthermore, the matthew bible verse from this monument is not visible due to the over cast, but you can pretty much guess what verses help you find the desires of your heart. Seek and you will find my friend...that is unless this bank has not been active in the last several hundred years.:laughing7:

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a couple very good leads. Looks more promising than I first hoped. May check it out some more this weekend. TY User. I think you are very correct.

Hoofer

Jan 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Between ears
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca, Thanks for the pictures. I also chase the old (ancients) trails. Lots of fun and head scratching. On your detector blanking out, Shortstack is right, OR, if you are up against a vertical rock face maybe something is behind it. Walk towards a large metal object like a car and notice what md does Thanks R.

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMAG0430.JPG Enjoyed all the pictures and knowledge shared, thanks. This turtle monument found along an old mule trail. There were also many other markers/monuments rather close to each other on this trail. What a blast exploring. GOD bless America! trailrider

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 718540 Enjoyed all the pictures and knowledge shared, thanks. This turtle monument found along an old mule trail. There were also many other markers/monuments rather close to each other on this trail. What a blast exploring. GOD bless America! trailrider

Try following the markers by trying to outthink the trail markers for one day. Go the least obvious way or the opposite way see what you find. Instead of looking at small details, look at the big picture. If I tell you that turtles lead to treasure you will follow them out of the area you want to be in. As an example, I presume from your pictures, you are in a arroyo and you are on the slopes. There can be plenty of nice things to see all around, but the more I make you look right and left the easier it is for me to go all the way down. Think of a Christmas tree. If you start at the root and work your way up, there will be plenty of distraction and nice things to look at, but you will never make it to the Star on top of the tree if you keep branching off...

Just food for thought, your goal might very well be the first branch to the left. Good luck.

Colossians 2:8 "See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ."

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Casca, Thanks for the pictures. I also chase the old (ancients) trails. Lots of fun and head scratching. On your detector blanking out, Shortstack is right, OR, if you are up against a vertical rock face maybe something is behind it. Walk towards a large metal object like a car and notice what md does Thanks R.

I think I have figured out what happened. The Detector lost Ground Balance.

Thanks.

trailrider

Dec 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
garret gold stinger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try following the markers by trying to outthink the trail markers for one day. Go the least obvious way or the opposite way see what you find. Instead of looking at small details, look at the big picture. If I tell you that turtles lead to treasure you will follow them out of the area you want to be in. As an example, I presume from your pictures, you are in a arroyo and you are on the slopes. There can be plenty of nice things to see all around, but the more I make you look right and left the easier it is for me to go all the way down. Think of a Christmas tree. If you start at the root and work your way up, there will be plenty of distraction and nice things to look at, but you will never make it to the Star on top of the tree if you keep branching off...

Just food for thought, your goal might very well be the first branch to the left. Good luck.

Colossians 2:8 "See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ."
Thanks for knowledge shared. Psalm 119:37 '' Turn away my eyes from looking at worthless things, and revive me in Your way '' Thanks trailrider

Attachments

• IMAG0465 (2).JPG
    IMAG0465 (2).JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 165
OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ditto. I could not have said it better.

Trailrider, I spent many months when I first got started here on this forum. Read a lot of books. Even got a lil crazy on here myself. Had no clue what I was finding, just knew I had found something. Through all this I found the beauty of the trail. I try to imagine the people who walked the trails before me. I enjoy how the signs pop out and go away. If you keep looking, you will eventually get your own way of hunting. Write your own book. Dont be afraid to make mistakes, I know I have. Everyone searches in their own way, got to do what works for you. First thing I did was understood as much as I could baout the people who had lived here before me. Do two things if you do anything with your trails. First, make sure its man made and not natural. Second, find the beginning and end of the trail. You have to search the entire trail before you can start making sense of it. A marker or sign is just a rock till you find them all. Good Luck.

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a better picture of one small piece of the clues left. The turtle on the bottom and bear is looking two different directions.

Looks like a baby on his crib upright. Birth of a trial?

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was a elevated area just above that had a small flat area. I have not explored the rocks thoroughly yet. I have some new types of rock formations and I dont know what to do with them yet.

desertmoons

Bronze Member
Apr 16, 2008
Ditto. I could not have said it better.

Trailrider, I spent many months when I first got started here on this forum. Read a lot of books. Even got a lil crazy on here myself. Had no clue what I was finding, just knew I had found something. Through all this I found the beauty of the trail. I try to imagine the people who walked the trails before me. I enjoy how the signs pop out and go away. If you keep looking, you will eventually get your own way of hunting. Write your own book. Dont be afraid to make mistakes, I know I have. Everyone searches in their own way, got to do what works for you. First thing I did was understood as much as I could baout the people who had lived here before me. Do two things if you do anything with your trails. First, make sure its man made and not natural. Second, find the beginning and end of the trail. You have to search the entire trail before you can start making sense of it. A marker or sign is just a rock till you find them all. Good Luck.

Good advice and good philosophy. Like OD said..the journey is the treasure..no matter the end results.

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would live on the trail if my bones could take the weather. just too cold right now, and too hot during summer. No middle ground in the weather here where I live. Its been almost a week after the flu and Im still weak. Makes me wonder if there really is a curse associated with treasure lol.

Hoofer

Jan 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Between ears
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You would do well to go with Casca. He does see a lot and has walked by cache sites.

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always looking for a partner. I can put you on the trail, and a few spots I have found.

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This site has provided me with hours of entertainment. If you like sweat and stickers that is. I have made some really neat finds I hope to share. I may be able to tie some sites together also. Pictures to come.

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The hidden trail.

Due to my laptop dying and loosing a lot of research. I made the trip the other day to get some more pictures. I decided to take the next step and get up and close, to include behind the monuments I was following. As I suspected, others have been here before and one nice fella left me a bunch of crosses. This still did not deter me from the trail. If I make a reference to Turtles or the Mary statues, they are already posted in this thread. Now to the hidden or real trail.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good suggestion, Springfield. I caught a 2Tbye Western Digital external harddrive on sale at Wal-Mart and use it to backup EVERYTHING in my 'puter. Including extra "system recovery" data. It's kept safely in a dresser drawer away from possible damage. When I want to add some more backed up stuff, I bring it out; hook it up, save the data, then put it away again. EASY PEEZY. LOL

Hey, Casca, do you think that previous guy was trying to tell you to go home?? Crosses are supposedly on the outbound / homeward trails. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread