Does anyone know what this sign is / means?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ss a pro...that is rich....

I would hate to share them with you and confuse you

Sage advise from a newbie...maybe their is hope for one member of the newbie class...
"smarter than your average cloud reader..boo boo"...yogi bear

oro mandate
rangler

"You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension - a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into ,

" The Twilight Zone."

OP
OP
fronjm05

fronjm05

May 8, 2013
Alta California
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2<br />
Fisher Gemini III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pinwheel thanks for posting that. I had read that StilDign post somewhere. Was good to read again . Some of the other carvings in immediate area make me think a John site as well so that us very interesting. possible owl eyes, maybe an eagle , some others I'm insure what they are .

Hmmm now how to find / dig up a rock, you can't metal detect a rock. and how far down... Anyone feel free to comment here based on Pinwheel/StilDign post above :). And sounds like I'm at step 12 already if I found this keyhole.... And I'm digging up a keyhole shaped rock which shows direction to 13th step? The may be some symbols pointing at ground, I guess I could randomly dig...

Again assuming above is reliable.

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Pinwheel thanks for posting that. I had read that StilDign post somewhere. Was good to read again . Some of the other carvings in immediate area make me think a John site as well so that us very interesting. possible owl eyes, maybe an eagle , some others I'm insure what they are .

Hmmm now how to find / dig up a rock, you can't metal detect a rock. and how far down... Anyone feel free to comment here based on Pinwheel/StilDign post above :). And sounds like I'm at step 12 already if I found this keyhole.... And I'm digging up a keyhole shaped rock which shows direction to 13th step? The may be some symbols pointing at ground, I guess I could randomly dig...

Again assuming above is reliable.

Good morning fronjm05. You should never assume any thought or ideal is correct on these trails. You should put them to the test, If they work use them, If they do not, then forget about using them this time. I would not over think the the 13 steps to solving your site and what # it is as each site is set up differently. A metal detector is dead weight for a cache hunter unless you have a deep seeking machine. The good ones are very expensive and can run up to about 50-60 thousand dollars. Even those will not find a stone map unless they used some kind of metal in their work. No matter what step you are on, and you are looking for a rock map or a pozo, or mine, the Spanish/KGC would almost never leave a "dig here" sign. A cache hunter has to use his head and follow the signs. The signs will tell you that there is a certain spot to began measuring from. A stone map is often only 1-2 feet below the surface. So if you are in soft dirt and you think you have the right spot you could try a probe. 3/8 -1/2 in steel rod 4 feet long would be about right. Push it into the ground at your dig spot. If you find a stone or other object then uncover it very carefully. Be very careful to to not move the object until you have it uncovered. Then take plenty of pictures of the object and record the compass degress of each point. If you move the object before you get pic's and record bearings you will lose valuable information that will be gone forever.
I may even cost you a sucessful recovery.

To dig randomly is what they wanted you to do. It makes it easier for them to watch you. you work your butt off digging dry holes and they hide in the bushes laughing their butt off because you are so gullible. And you will not dig to many dry holes before you give up altogeather.

I would suggest you read old dog's thread "basic signs/symbols you have found" There is a lot of good useful information in that thread and Old Dog is one you can put some stock in.

Pinwheel

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This probably isn't much help. But, it reminded me of a shape found commonly here in Texas.

Spanish Sign.jpg

OP
OP
fronjm05

fronjm05

May 8, 2013
Alta California
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2<br />
Fisher Gemini III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info Pinwheel. This is good stuff. I at least know enough to not move a marker I find until I take many pictures, note directions it is facing and compass bearings. The probe is a good idea, although I remember digging in an area close to this, same soil and it was very rocky... Definitely worth a shot after I do some more research though. And yes I have much more analysis to do on these symbols. I am basically going through all the posts slowly in the symbols / signs area so I will hit Old Dog's eventually here. (im already finding a wealth of info from his other posts). I am thinking there will not necessarily be 13 steps here either now.

I keep seeing this Fisher Gemini 3 around, selling for $750. Is this a bad unit? Not too expensive and I like my Fisher F2. It claims 20+ feet.
2 Box Deep Searcher Metal Detectors - Kellyco Metal Detectors

- There is also a turtle carving at this site, on a tree right next to the keyhole. I believe he does not have any legs as well, so hopefully I am closer than I think!

OP
OP
fronjm05

fronjm05

May 8, 2013
Alta California
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2<br />
Fisher Gemini III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Patrick I have also found several of these mysterious tiny metal objects around my area. I made sure to catalog and take pictures of everyone in case they are leading the way... LOL

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Fronjm05,

I say we all collect as many as possible and pool them. We can then send them to the federal government for the recycle value and help pay off the national debt.

Patrick

daaveglance

Greenie
Jun 9, 2013
davao city
Detector(s) used
lrl rod/gold sticks.pendulom
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not the best picture now that I look at it, so including my "drawing" of what I think it looks like as well. There are a few areas around this site with Spanish era and looking signs. Somewhat verified by someone that works in the area and has studied these old carvings. What am I looking at here? Almost like a circle sitting on top of a triangle. The triangle may "bow" in a bit like my drawing but cant really tell... It faintly reminds me of a mathematical symbol but cant put my finger on which one, or maybe im just thinking of OHM, which this is not. well THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

View attachment 898680

thats the king speed not a crcle one.............object it meants

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread