Jesuit Camp site

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Here's some pictures of markings at a Jesuit camp site. These are at the end of a 3 ft. X 90 ft. wall of rcoks. This looks like cement, but there's a lot a caliche and other material near by to make this with (I think). I thought it was "CCC" but after enlarging the picture, I am not sure. thought it dated 189- and 1941, but enlarged it diffenetly isn't dates. Two pic's are of same stone, different angle.

Jacko

Attachments

• IMG_0129.jpg
    IMG_0129.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 2,100
  • IMG_0131.jpg
    IMG_0131.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 2,076
  • IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0130.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 2,055

Rebel

Jan 31, 2005
Yo! Rebel here: ;) Jesuit? CCC? "Compassionate Companions of Christ" I recken... in third pic... looks like more initials, and a turkey track on "rock" in shape of shovel... maybe means... "dig here!" dunno... Happy Hunting/Digging! ;D

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Civilian Conservation Corp With Maby? ?first line:? ?C.C.C.? ?second line? ? ? ? SGS 964? ? ? third line? ? ? ? ?? could be G or Co in script. & the numbers 3890 after (could mean Company 3890 ? , is that a posability ? )? bottom line? ? 1941? ? ? ? ? the corp went out in 1942? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ...... I see Cap cc at the bottom of the bottom pic. Could the top pic? be a Civilian Conservation Corp CAP for a dangerous , Mine or Cave ? & the Bottom Pic be a Plaque commerating it ? or even the other way around ?

PAmike

Feb 20, 2005
Reynoldsville, PA
the second pic looks like some sort of law enforcement shield. could be like forest ranger or what is now dnr. maybe an old us marshall shield or something like that. perhaps the real information is on the oposite side?

mike

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
do a google for ccc and get to the site that lists all the company numbers by state and location. If you don't get a number similar to your marking then it isn't ccc. exanimo, ss

Moosebreath

Tenderfoot
Mar 11, 2005
Yoo-tah
According to my old man, there were
hundreds of CCC camps set up to give
people jobs during and after the Depression
-- many of them located here in Yoo-tah
in the high mountain wilderness areas
where they built dams, roads for hauling
timber, etc.? 1941 fit that era.?
Here's an example website for
Civilian Conservation Camps.? Maybe
you can check local govt in your area
to find out what they did.
http://www.nps.gov/crla/adhi/adhi13.htm

Good luck!

Comanchero

Apr 7, 2005
Kerrville, Texas
Jacko, don't wanta bust yer baloon, but fact is Jeff is correct. It is definitely Civilian Conservation Corp works. Seen similar ones in the most remote place you could imagine in New Mexico, Utah, Montana, and Arizona. Other sites too. Don't mean nuthin', 'cept men working to make a livin' for their families during the depression years up to WWII. ;D Comanchero

OP
OP
JACKOJohn Stanwix

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Commanchero-- Nope you didn't bust any balloons. This still may have been a jesuit site because they were here long before the CCC. The Jesuit's were in this area so just maybe it was. This is on private land anyway. So, I just move on.

Jacko

Comanchero

Apr 7, 2005
Kerrville, Texas
Jacko, where is this site? You must have good reason to believe the Jesuits were there earlier. Care to share your thoughts on it. My interest would be that they did hang out in areas where there were mineral deposits and Indians to use as laborers in just about all their projects. ;D Comanchero

OP
OP
JACKOJohn Stanwix

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Commanchero-- I lost all the pictures when My computer crashed, so this'll have to do for now. This wass that the placks are on was stack along ways and has carved faces in some of the rocks and signs also. I believe the CCC put thier shield on it long after the stones were put here.
the person whom told me this was an old Jesuit site has lived in the are for a long time and this plase runs by a very big stream that produced a lot of gold, bak in the 1800's.
Here is the picture that's first posted but, it's painted now , hope you can see the Indian face and the places I marked.

Angela-- The hole are is full of signs and markers. but lost pictures

Jacko

Attachments

• Jesuit 1.jpg
    Jesuit 1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 1,748

Comanchero

Apr 7, 2005
Kerrville, Texas
Jacko, possibly. But always keep in mind that some of those CCC "boys" were prospectors out of work, and a whole lot of them were magnificent "Jokers" too! ;D Great sense of humor among a lot of them. ;) I've pulled off "stunts" like that myself, laughing at what someone who came after me might try to figure out of something I carved into a rock with my rock chisel and hammer! ;D Comanchero

OP
OP
JACKOJohn Stanwix

JACKOJohn Stanwix

Dec 20, 2004
HEAVEN
Commanchero-- I agree, but if you enlarge the picture and take a close look, the Indians face is so good, I don't think any average american can do this work. Especially people who do this only occasionally.

Jacko

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
I'e stared at these pics and maybe I'm seeing things but is that part of a hand carved right next to the "1" and a Cross above and to the left of the 1st "C"?

R

Rich

i thought i would help,i threw the pic posted above into a negative/inverted pic to bring the symbols/letters/number out more to read,.......

hope it helps....

Attachments

• Jesuit 1[1].JPG
    Jesuit 1[1].JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 1,684
R

Rich

by the way,i do see the "1" that is pointed out and many other things......hope ya find somthin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions