A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

Mark60

Oct 22, 2015
S/W MO
Detector(s) used
an old radio shack model
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with maverick locals on horseback seems most logical, the question that makes you wonder is since they were far enough away to not here the shot were they that good of a shot or thankfully they missed

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree with maverick locals on horseback seems most logical, the question that makes you wonder is since they were far enough away to not here the shot were they that good of a shot or thankfully they missed

The wind plays a big role in the acoustics of a canyon,...and the "not-so-good" ole boys know that. And they adjust accordingly,...if they have criminal minds.
Question is....did they just miss?.,...or just perpetrated "a scare" on an outsider?

( also...NV and AZ laws are very relaxed in legal use of silencers, or muzzle suppressors )

Thankfully our friend is OK

Last edited:

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
You must have been on to something (treasure/cache).

....or IT just happened by chance on their ALREADY going hidden operation. Maybe just bad luck........wrong place.....wrong time

Last edited:

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
No badges needed, If they would have had a trunk monkey. They could have just relaxed at camp. Get a trunk monkey for the knuckleheads.

LOL...LOL The Mighty T.M. is the key to all your security problems,.....anytime,...anywhere...LOL Right,DTTH?

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A word to the wise.....you never know who is watching or what thier purpose may be....

Local "boys" protecting their "grounds"? (on horseback?)

(out-of-state car lic. plate?) maybe?.......

Knuckleheads bushwhackers for sure. That looks like a 444 rifle round, or at least a 44 mag. Nasty stuff, but all too common,..unfortunately

Thats what i think, Just knucklehead treasure hunters trying to intimidate on what they think is theirs. No professional sential would give up a site by remarking it, or shooting someone there at the site. Much better to take care of them at home, in their bedroom,in their bed. Good nite,sweet dreams. I dont think a sentinel is supposed to bring attention to the site. Unless he is a knucklehead.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Thats what i think, Just knucklehead treasure hunters trying to intimidate on what they think is theirs. No professional sential would give up a site by remarking it, or shooting someone there at the site. Much better to take care of them at home, in their bedroom,in their bed. Good nite,sweet dreams. I dont think a sentinel is supposed to bring attention to the site. Unless he is a knucklehead.

Simple and straight cut to the chase.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Watchers don' need no steenkin' badges.

Sure wouldn't hurt to have one though. Also Sheriffs are elected officials and pick there own deputies.

MasonicSymbols-NewMexicoStatePolice.jpg Masons-police-04.jpg Masons-police-05.jpg Masons-police-01.jpg Masons-police-03.jpg

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
That's all from an interesting write up located here. Masons in Law Enforcement

Here's an interesting quote off it "The secret oaths taken and the allegiance given to Freemasonry conflict with the public office oath by which they serve the public at large. Allegiance to Freemasonry will most always supercede the other. Masonic oaths taken and allegiances given can be, nonetheless, conspiratorial towards those outside the brotherhood for not being a member of the brotherhood. "

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other

Here's an interesting quote off it "The secret oaths taken and the allegiance given to Freemasonry conflict with the public office oath by which they serve the public at large. Allegiance to Freemasonry will most always supercede the other. Masonic oaths taken and allegiances given can be, nonetheless, conspiratorial towards those outside the brotherhood for not being a member of the brotherhood. "

Masons? The OLD Boys Club? The ones that are lonely at home and need to socialize, somehow?

Too bad you buy into this mantra......
They're not what they used to be when this country was founded. Not anymore. Just their name remains of what used to be a powerful
so-called Brotherhood.
You and I, and Jim and Joe and Jane etc, etc can form Our Brotherhood ....today. Any takers? lol

(the real masters are nameless,...and faceless) The ones in full view are for P.R. and deception

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That funny you mentioned that Dog. I found the locks on my house had been messed with. I changed the locks but that didn't work either. Then my pistol that I carry every day went missing for two weeks. I found it one morning When I opened the door of my bedroom . Somebody wanted me to know they could get me. It just pissed me off. So I now security is a lot better. Female dogs are better protection also. One of them are always with me while I'm in the woods. Seem like this is a little off the topic of this thread. This needs to be on its on thread. It would be nice to hear the experience other have had.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That funny you mentioned that Dog. I found the locks on my house had been messed with. I changed the locks but that didn't work either. Then my pistol that I carry every day went missing for two weeks. I found it one morning When I opened the door of my bedroom . Somebody wanted me to know they could get me. It just pissed me off. So I now security is a lot better. Female dogs are better protection also. One of them are always with me while I'm in the woods. Seem like this is a little off the topic of this thread. This needs to be on its on thread. It would be nice to hear the experience other have had.

When i wanna be nice, I like leaving a bullet on the pillow. You really hope they get the message. Lol.

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They did leave the slug I shot at them. The next day on the tail gate of my truck. Then I called so friends.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

Geez, Q, it must be hell knowing where all that ancient gold is hidden and dodging the bad guys. Gotta be difficult for you trying to sleep with one eye open and a shotgun across your lap.

I'll admit that the Sheriffs around here tend to form secret clubs intent one guarding treasures - that is, if you consider that the club is made up of a bunch of his cousins and the goal is protecting the meth trade.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
Geez, Q, it must be hell knowing where all that ancient gold is hidden and dodging the bad guys. Gotta be difficult for you trying to sleep with one eye open and a shotgun across your lap.

I'll admit that the Sheriffs around here tend to form secret clubs intent one guarding treasures - that is, if you consider that the club is made up of a bunch of his cousins and the goal is protecting the meth trade.

Meth...? ha. Who needs gold, then.?.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, that isn't really the case sdcfia, you're just razzing me, I sleep fine. There's no concrete evidence and probably never will be of who it is, but it does show there can be large special interest groups at any level in society or government that can have there own agendas and influence right under your nose. But the lower people are just following the orders from the people at the top. They wouldn't know of any hidden agendas behind their own actions anyways. You want an officer to try and catch someone working a treasure? Instruct him that there is suspected poaching activity or people possibly digging Indian artifacts in an area and to keep a close eye out for it. He'll just be doing his normal job.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, that isn't really the case sdcfia, you're just razzing me, I sleep fine. There's no concrete evidence and probably never will be of who it is, but it does show there can be large special interest groups at any level in society or government that can have there own agendas and influence right under your nose. But the lower people are just following the orders from the people at the top. They wouldn't know of any hidden agendas behind their own actions anyways. You want an officer to try and catch someone working a treasure? Instruct him that there is suspected poaching activity or people possibly digging Indian artifacts in an area and to keep a close eye out for it. He'll just be doing his normal job.

Just a quick note, What Q said in the bold quote above is the best info anybody could give and I agree with it 100 Percent.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread