A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Just a quick note, What Q said in the bold quote above is the best info anybody could give and I agree with it 100 Percent.

Yeah, anything's possible - even probable in your own mind if you wish hard enough. I know a guy who was caught by the Forest Service LEO for poaching. You know what the guy was actually doing out there? Poaching. I know two guys who actually served time for digging artifacts on public land. Neither had gold bars in their possession, but both had thousand-year old painted bowls in the truck. I'd say when the boss tells the duty cop to go get a poacher or grave robber, he very likely means just what he said.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure the intent is promoting living in fear.
But I'd like to know exactly who these people placing newer markers, planting trees, cactus , arranging things etc. are though as well and I think it is a worthwhile thing to talk about, although no definite answers may ever come out of it.

Almost every site has this stuff if you look for it, and it gets a little creepy, especially when you think you are the first to rediscover the older things in these places.

Naturally, as has already been said, the sources vary, but are
ultimately controlled by the unseen powers. Not to fear, but
also not to disregard & be careless about, as if no contest.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Brings to mind an experience from a few years back....

I had been Thunting near the Manhatten area of Nevada. I parked the truck on a dead end road that had only one way in, and one way out....no other roads for at least 4 miles in any direction. I had packed a tent in to the area that was near a site I was trying to figure out. After 3 days, I came across what I believe is a yard. It was then that things started getting hokey.....I hiked back to my truck in the mid afternoon, to retrieve an old two box I carry with me. When I arrived, I opened the door, and thought it was as good as any place to relieve myself and make the bladder flatter....I am leaning against the opened door of my truck, (the window was about half way up), when I heard a POP!, and the window shattered in the door I was leaning against. Methinks...strange, but I had seen heat do this before, so I paid no attention. I gathered up the two box, a gallon of water, and some extra canned food for camp in my backpack and headed back to the area of interest. About half way there, there is a big rock, over 20 feet high, that I leaned against for rest. Whiz, bang, what the hell? Two bullets ricocheted off from the rock to my left. I knew that I was either being shot at, or was being mis recognized as an animal. Trouble is, I KNEW THAT I WAS ALONE! I take many security measures whenever I leave my truck in an area for sometimes weeks. Needless to say, I ran all the way back to my truck, (something that I couldn't beleive I had done, thanks to adrenaline). I chucked in my gear, loaded my pistols and slowly drove out of the canyon. I hunted all day for another auto in my area....nothing. No tracks over mine, and no tracks cutting across mine at the crossroads 3 1/2 miles down the canyon. I returned the next morning, gathered my stuff and left.
It got wierder when I arrived at home...My wife was helping me unpack the truck when she said, "How in hell do you put a hole like that in the end of your door?".
I have put up a pic of the hole below...I took off the door plate, and sure enough, there was shrapnel everywhere. This is a big caliber, and I believe I was being shot at. Why? I do not know. I have been back twice with no other incidents, (although I am creeped out the whole time I am there).
A word to the wise.....you never know who is watching or what thier purpose may be....

View attachment 1544503

You've got nerve going back, though I'm surprised you let the shattered
window go, without more suspicion than heat. There is more to the part
of being able to TH successfully, other than sheer will & perseverance, I
believe it is being chosen to succeed at it, though not without hazards.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, that isn't really the case sdcfia, you're just razzing me, I sleep fine. There's no concrete evidence and probably never will be of who it is, but it does show there can be large special interest groups at any level in society or government that can have there own agendas and influence right under your nose. But the lower people are just following the orders from the people at the top. They wouldn't know of any hidden agendas behind their own actions anyways. You want an officer to try and catch someone working a treasure? Instruct him that there is suspected poaching activity or people possibly digging Indian artifacts in an area and to keep a close eye out for it. He'll just be doing his normal job.

It wouldn't matter if we were to know who the nameless, faceless rulers are anyway.
Hidden agendas unknown, the officials just doing their duty, pretty well covers all.
But there's much more hidden concrete evidence than you could ever dream of,
without spending nearly half a lifetime digging for it, that is the truth. Still,
nothing new under the sun. Just evolved & hidden, very much in power.

Doesn't do much good to know how to, if you can't work on something,
& that's where patience & wit may help in some situations, but not all.
I wouldn't be comfortable with the same hazards you speak of. I just
have to watch for large Cougar maybe snakes, though rarely people.

Last edited:

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
...when it dont work.......................................................................................................get a bigger HAMMER.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Bigger hammers for brutes with not much finesse, unless your busting out concrete.
Bigger coils for deeper depths, like the time my 'ol 2 box kept pegging out &
shutting on down, & I had to turn it off so as not to burn it plum up...
Smarter comments are usually supposedly smarter???

Last edited:

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
A bit touchy, aren't we? reckon yer missing the point again & again. Brutus not home for dinner? It's ok, yer not alone. Yer surrounded by sentinels. Good music tho.

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
I’d be pretty surprised to see or have one mess with me here. I do find new marks that didn’t exist before. The only folks I worry about are the folks from elsewhere thinking they can scare me with brute force and stupidity. It don’t work for them but a lot still try. Sentinels would not show themselves and give away that the place was important they’d just make it more confusing or simply move the stash. Confrontation would cause to many problems for them.

Maverick1

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
Phx AZ
Primary Interest:
Other
No need be sad lil’ bunny. Buba Brutus coming home soon.

Back to music……The Blue Bayouuuuu
The Blue Oyster & YMCA…… mmmm, nice cap Capitan
(you precious, you)
Humm-Blue-Ba……yuooooo…

Rebelsmom

Jan 17, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok guys get out of the clouds, I need some information. Do any of you know when the KGC became the OAK? Was there a year or event that one could say "This is the time when?". And does anyone know if they still use the OAK name or are they something else now? The reason I ask is that Mark60 has an area where a burned tree is in a very strategic location. The only one in that area like it. My partners and I have come across the same thing, the trees don't look to be very old, maybe 40 to 50 years old when cut. On a bluff with signs is a turkey, clearly a KGC sign then on the same bluff down closer to the main signs is the word OAK hidden in plain site. Now if there is a chance that some one might be keeping an eye on this one he needs to be aware in case their coming back. Would appreciate your help and thanks in advance. Rebelsmom

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Clouds ??? See any? :sunny: You might try one of the KGC forums...
L.C. Baker or one of them guys may know approx. when.
I recall it said around the Civil War, but don't know
if it was before during or after...

If anyone is keeping an eye, he may be
able to be stealthy enough to find out...

P.S. Might try different than cloud approach, just
sounds kinda' demanding, rather than friendly like...8-)
Just sayin' them guys may answer better, if'n...

Last edited:

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
I've seen the burnt trees at what appears to be "mapped" or strategic locations in the field. The ones I know of are larger old trees broken off halfway and burnt on the outside though with nothing burnt in the vicinity. One is actually a "bearing" type tree where it aligns thru the uprights of a very old "Y" shaped tree or "goal post" tree at 330/150 degrees thru the uprights. Another is directly uphill from an aligned spot. A couple have a hoyo shape you follow, another one is "U" shaped at the top and very visible from a river bottom. One more similar thing is old white weathered branches laying on the ground that are shaved off and pointed and burnt at one end that point to a nearby rock marker such as a diamond shaped one.

I don't fully understand why the use of burnt trees or other things, I can only speculate a few. One would be to make it stand out, another would be to make it last in some shape or position (such as fire hardening, since they more or less are just fire scarred), another would be some sort of witchcraft related thing. I'm not sure it's really a specific group related thing like a calling card saying it's KGC or "OAK" but I'll look into it a little.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I've seen the burnt trees at what appears to be "mapped" or strategic locations in the field. The ones I know of are larger old trees broken off halfway and burnt on the outside though with nothing burnt in the vicinity. One is actually a "bearing" type tree where it aligns thru the uprights of a very old "Y" shaped tree or "goal post" tree at 330/150 degrees thru the uprights. Another is directly uphill from an aligned spot. A couple have a hoyo shape you follow, another one is "U" shaped at the top and very visible from a river bottom. One more similar thing is old white weathered branches laying on the ground that are shaved off and pointed and burnt at one end that point to a nearby rock marker such as a diamond shaped one.

I don't fully understand why the use of burnt trees or other things, I can only speculate a few. One would be to make it stand out, another would be to make it last in some shape or position (such as fire hardening, since they more or less are just fire scarred), another would be some sort of witchcraft related thing. I'm not sure it's really a specific group related thing like a calling card saying it's KGC or "OAK" but I'll look into it a little.

Likely a lightning strike on an old tall standing dead tree - often dry enough to smolder for days or longer. A strike on a healthy tree usually only leaves a charred streak on the trunk. Unless the surrounding terrain was tinder dry and spread the fire, you'll end up with a single burnt one. It's a common occurrence.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Likely a lightning strike on an old tall standing dead tree - often dry enough to smolder for days or longer. A strike on a healthy tree usually only leaves a charred streak on the trunk. Unless the surrounding terrain was tinder dry and spread the fire, you'll end up with a single burnt one. It's a common occurrence.

I've also always loved how lightning carves points onto the branches it lops off the tree. You could watch it if you were fast enough.

Rebelsmom

Jan 17, 2017
Arkansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Quinoa, sdcfia and Chadeaux for your help I don't think its' witchcraft, I happen to know one she said it don't happen that way. These are all about the same size and age and used as a pointer, have found them in Oklahoma, Arkansas and Missouri. Could be lightening but a little strange that it's always right over "the exact spot". So again thanks for your replies you all be safe out there it's almost time for boots on the ground and rattle snakes.

Quinoa

Bronze Member
Nov 25, 2011
Purgatory
Detector(s) used
Garrett atx pi 12+20inch coil, Garrett mh series, Garrett 2500+t-hound attchmnt, fisher tw-6 two box, Pulsestar pro ii with various coils up to 98 inches, pulsemaster pro w/1.2 m coil
Primary Interest:
Other
Entirely possible that the ones I have were hit by lightning since they are older, larger trees. But they were already marker trees before they were burnt/hit. There positions as well other things about them give them away. When they are burnt it's just easier to find them.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks Quinoa, sdcfia and Chadeaux . . .

Don't thank Chadeaux for being bad by failing to "keep a tight reign on his tongue". Sometimes, I can't help myself when I find something so ridiculous that it makes me laugh out loud for real.

I was just pointing out sdcfia's flawed reasoning. I don't really believe that lightning whittles those branches, but apparently sdcfia does.

The previous poster already said that points had been put on the limbs/branches, but sdcfia attributed those points to lightning thus my response.

Be well all.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
I've seen a variety of (ab)uses to different trees. Some still standing, though some have given in,
to the droughts, age, & winds of time, & more than I care to explain. Some have lost the tops,
or maybe just branches. Some carved so heavily when they were healthy, it stunted them, &
they grew into strange twisted, damaged looking markers, supposedly by natural means,
such as lightning & fire I reckon. Some are pretty healthy yet, & look very noticably
carved, burned, even meticulously shaped. But it all had to have taken some time
that means repeat visits, where there never was any homestead, just camping.
Here's a good sample, of some of the best ones that I've posted before...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread