A GUIDE TO VAULT TREASURE HUNTING (Condensed)

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Indigenous peoples that had been intermingled, so taught & influenced?
Art, architecture, building techniques, religious ceremonies, human sacrifice,
underworld & afterlife beliefs, paralleling the known cultures of distant travelers.
The materials & jewelry styles, (glass), mariners' compass, symbols & petroglyphs
found in lower Rio Grande Valley, etc. all too similar & coincidental? Maybe not all of
the previous miner's works had been altered, or destroyed. Rather utilized to confuse?

Added: Extensive knowledge of astronomy: Who taught them, maybe the sailors?

Last edited:

Jakeellison82

Jul 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Question: followed markers and maps to find an assumed shaft but looks cemented.....anyone know if the Spanish did that both before and after they came back to retrieve???
Snapseed.jpg Snapseed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I would have liked to have seen pictures of actual carvings out of rock that support the Phoenician idea of mining here in america (something that matched what they had in their homeland)

I started a thread a few years ago that you might find interesting. It's titled Artemis Site-You Go Girl. I had found information on different symbols like the owl, the heart and, also, an ancient carving showing the owl and the duck together. Springfield had an excellent thread about the snake and turtle symbols, but it was either moved or deleted.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Caliche was used to seal up entrances.
Jake I would suggest you read my article on #1204

Last edited:

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
The only one I can say for sure is the Colorado, and they put storages on mountains all up and down the Colorado, all you have to do is look for the man made Holes in the mountains that you would see going along the colorado,If anybody is going to Vegas from Kingman there is one on the left between K and V and anybody going from Quartzite to Yuma there is another one on a peaked mountain between those to towns The holes are used to show the mountain ranges with storages. If memory serves me at the Peralta trailhead in the Superstitions there is a hole that you can see from the parking lot also.

Do you have a guess about what could be found in any vaults along the Colorado River? Might there be bullion bars, nuggets or silver and gold ore. I'm trying to figure out which way it was going. Just a guess?

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Have you ever noted a seal of high iron (slag) mixed with something to
make it much harder than any caliche, more like a concrete with no rocks?
(Like not water soluble) Mixed to match the surrounding landscape nicely,
not easily noticeable. But I got a good hit on it, looked like clay/dirt & hard.

Last edited:
OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I have dug through a ton of caliche type clay and it can be easy at first (crumbles away when dry) then it turns into a clay substance that is really tough to get through when it is still moist.

Jakeellison82

Jul 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Caliche was used to seal up entrances.
Jake I would suggest you read my article on #1204

Ok thank you,
Btw found a hole in the supposed shaft that Was no bigger than a doggie door and I put my arm in there and took a picture to see what was in there and this is what I got....exciting FullSizeRender.jpg

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
That would be about the size of a tunnel, just remember to pay attention to whats above your head, those rocks can hurt you if they fall on your head.

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
I have dug through a ton of caliche type clay and it can be easy at first (crumbles away when dry) then it turns into a clay substance that is really tough to get through when it is still moist.

This was dry, hard, & color matched. Unlike the multi colored brittle caliche.
Was very hard too, & water soluble then easier, not quite that sticky though.
More like scrape & dig able when water added, is what I ran across in 1 spot.
This caliche I dug was not usually exposed to the elements, the concrete/iron
was continually exposed. Someone made a darn good, hard mortar type seal.

OP
OP
sandy1

sandy1

Bronze Member
Aug 11, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok thank you,
Btw found a hole in the supposed shaft that Was no bigger than a doggie door and I put my arm in there and took a picture to see what was in there and this is what I got....exciting View attachment 1478335

Just for the record Jake nothing I have found has ever been exposed/open like that, everything I know of is/was buried in the ground (a shaft)

Jakeellison82

Jul 24, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just for the record Jake nothing I have found has ever been exposed/open like that, everything I know of is/was buried in the ground (a shaft)

Ok awesome! Good to know thank you

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking at those dark spots. Notice the shape of them.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Backwoodsbob

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When flipped the large one look like the witch.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I wanted to repost this article again, it really is a good read.

Freddy Crystal and the Search for Moctezuma's Treasure

This story first appeared in a magazine article in 1949 - most later versions are taken from this. Freddy Crystal, aka Fred Coulton, did exist and was in Mexico in 1918. His border crossing card listed his occupation as "investor", as I recall. Many people believe his activities in Kanab fit the classic KGC revelation pattern. If so, there theoretically could be a cache somewhere in Johnson Canyon. I'm not so sure - it seems more likely to me that he was merely a scammer, a sentiment shared by nearly the entire population of Kanab at the time, and most people there now. People there can point out old tunnels in the canyon, but no one can show you statues, glyphs, etc - or anything "important" as described in the articles.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread