Fortified position for lost village????

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miboje, there are a few of them in the first fifty posts or so. Their simplicity made them very safe. Once you see how they were hidden, you won’t look at a flat rock the same, ever again....

#/;0{>~
Thanks, PM. I guess I better get to looking. I have a flat rock sitting atop what looks like a big round rock. The flat rock has an arrow directing to behind it. I've been curious about it a long time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Nwaher

Nwaher

May 3, 2017
Fayetteville Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, PM. I guess I better get to looking. I have a flat rock sitting atop what looks like a big round rock. The flat rock has an arrow directing to behind it. I've been curious about it a long time.

O my get out there follow your gut and signs

OP
OP
Nwaher

Nwaher

May 3, 2017
Fayetteville Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miboje, there are a few of them in the first fifty posts or so. Their simplicity made them very safe. Once you see how they were hidden, you won’t look at a flat rock the same, ever again....

#/;0{>~

O how right you are!!!

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Be sure that you document it as it is... lay a compass on any directional markers etc...
before moving anything, and watch for DT warnings.

Enjoy.

#/;0{>~

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

#/;0{>~

Well, PM...I just went through the first 50 posts looking at the pics...and I see openings, but I do not see any flat rocks. Forgive me for being a nuisance, but would you mind directing me to which posts?

OP
OP
Nwaher

Nwaher

May 3, 2017
Fayetteville Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, PM...I just went through the first 50 posts looking at the pics...and I see openings, but I do not see any flat rocks. Forgive me for being a nuisance, but would you mind directing me to which posts?

112 135 is a good one shows flat rock carved into bird inside of a ledge my hallways are huge slabs of rocks( how could they ever had done that) with hiding holes and marks. They are many but I must say in pm defense I have over whelmed and that's saying it light him with photos in private he has seen hundreds probably hahaha most are of low quality others I'm not ready to share here yet but all in do time please keep me informed on what u find I'm excited for u!!

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
112 135 is a good one shows flat rock carved into bird inside of a ledge my hallways are huge slabs of rocks( how could they ever had done that) with hiding holes and marks. They are many but I must say in pm defense I have over whelmed and that's saying it light him with photos in private he has seen hundreds probably hahaha most are of low quality others I'm not ready to share here yet but all in do time please keep me informed on what u find I'm excited for u!!

Thank you for the guidance. Is this all on your property? So are you guys saying that if you see a flat rock, it is to get your attention to say that something, perhaps a small cache, is nearby?

All the treasure sites I know of are on state land, so I cannot just go around digging big holes or taking out a caliche outcropping. But if there are smaller caches concealed near the surface and easily retrieved, I might get lucky. But I've got to know precisely what to look for and where to look.

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miboje, Look next to the holes. The stones that look like a good spot to sit and rest... They have been moved from the top of the holes, but you can see parts of them.

That is the simplicity of this tricky idea, that made it work.

We treasure hunters will stop and sit on them, if we aren’t looking for them.

One of the photos actually shows the scratches left from moving one of them. NWAHER’s photos hold up to being zoomed in on, quite well.

I’ll see if I can spot the one that I am talking about.

#/;0{>~

posts number 36 and 43.....
The pic on the right side of # 43 is a shot, straight down the hole, and one of the rocks around it was once the cover stone, IMHO....
# 36 shows two angles of the same hole, i think. the smaller stone was slid over the top of the hole.
there may be more.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nwaher

Nwaher

May 3, 2017
Fayetteville Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the guidance. Is this all on your property? So are you guys saying that if you see a flat rock, it is to get your attention to say that something, perhaps a small cache, is nearby?

All the treasure sites I know of are on state land, so I cannot just go around digging big holes or taking out a caliche outcropping. But if there are smaller caches concealed near the surface and easily retrieved, I might get lucky. But I've got to know precisely what to look for and where to look.

It will just come to you look for something out of place something that catches your eye simply go for a hike near a old river or creek

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will just come to you look for something out of place something that catches your eye simply go for a hike near a old river or creek

Miboje, you and NWAher are cut from the same cloth.
Just different skies. You are on the north end of the east coast gold rush.

Most of the tricks that we find here, came from good, gold rich land.

Same tricks different terrains.

Trust your gut!!

#/;0{>~

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I am understanding you correctly, you are saying to go out and find new sites? If so, I kind of already have a full plate with the sites I am currently working. They are all by different groups, so I have a lot of complication working on my brain as it is...LOL. What I am trying to work on at this point is figuring out if something is more accessible than the king's vault on any of my sites. Is this the wrong way to do it though?

Last edited:

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Miboje, you and NWAher are cut from the same cloth.
Just different skies. You are on the north end of the east coast gold rush.

Most of the tricks that we find here, came from good, gold rich land.

Same tricks different terrains.

Trust your gut!!

#/;0{>~

You definitely have to be cut from a different kind cloth to do this stuff. :)

I had no idea there was a gold rush in the NE at one time. Where would one find more information on that? Mostly we only hear of the gold rush out west. But it is believable to me based upon what I have seen with my own eyes.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To a large degree, the eastern gold rush was abandoned when news of visible gold in west coast, which was abandoned when news of even more gold in the Yukon!

Gold prospectors aren’t lazy. They just always wanted to be first on fresh ground.

Some of the folks today, are finding and opening those old claims, which are mapped out and can be found by going to the BLM ( government!)

Local historical Society groups can help,also.

And you can google search the
“Goodspeed Report “ for your County, it’s very useful for finding early historical records, that pertain to your location.

Also look for local club meetings in your area, such as metal detecting clubs or rock collectors clubs, etc.
Those folks usually like to talk about their discoveries... Just listen to them long enough and compare notes [emoji404]! Some are tight lipped and some love to share what they know. Some are looking for people to go with them on hunts.

Keep your eyes and ears open and think outside of the box.

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
Nwaher

Nwaher

May 3, 2017
Fayetteville Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20180127015555_IMG_0697.jpg 20180127_170854.jpg

Couple of cool finds guys more to come

Attachments

• 20180127_170849.jpg
    20180127_170849.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 68

dsty

Bronze Member
Dec 2, 2007
Randal County
miboge, information from the Royal Trails, Kings Vault, that I have worked are they use a military step, --- to the left--- to the left--- to the left, use a 66 inch pace instead of a normal 33 inch pace or double, also when you find a drill hole they will have a flat bottom, the boulder's they use will have a flat top,, that way they can I D themselves, Lost Horse I believe has worked Royal trails, perhaps she can help, some that have a 30 degree / 45 degree angle so multiply those by that value much as an arrow's flight

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that the spring house fo the homesite? Nice spot.

Dog, I believe it is a spring house.
I have seen a preview of some of her photos.

It is one of the most interesting and definitive areas of her site.

The metal detector has helped find clues to better define and date the area.

The hand forged ax head when seen from the top or bottom show that the metal was folded many times and was intended to last for many years of service.
The bullet needs to be researched.
I believe,“In my humble opinion”, that it can be dated back as far as the early civil war. Possibly.

You picked up, on the spring house, very quickly. Have you seen many of them?

It was a puzzle for me until NWAHER explained that it had water in the floor, near the back wall, and showed a large rock lined well uphill from it.

I look forward to seeing more of the photos.

They have been exploring an incredible area.

So many mysteries......

#/80{>~

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dog, I believe it is a spring house.
I have seen a preview of some of her photos.

It is one of the most interesting and definitive areas of her site.

The metal detector has helped find clues to better define and date the area.

The hand forged ax head when seen from the top or bottom show that the metal was folded many times and was intended to last for many years of service.
The bullet needs to be researched.
I believe,“In my humble opinion”, that it can be dated back as far as the early civil war. Possibly.

You picked up, on the spring house, very quickly. Have you seen many of them?

It was a puzzle for me until NWAHER explained that it had water in the floor, near the back wall, and showed a large rock lined well uphill from it.

I look forward to seeing more of the photos.

They have been exploring an incredible area.

So many mysteries......

#/80{>~

Yes ProspectorMikel, back east there very common.That one is very large and well made. Maybe a very well to do family back then with that nice spring house. The old dump should be down hill from there in a ravine or ditch, for some good bottle digging.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread