Trail Signs and Monuments-Spanish or Somebody Else

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
This map shows Native American trails that go from Detroit to Santa Fe. Stone animals, along the trails, are a part of treasure lore. There are two stone lions that were carved by Native Americans and I believe they are just west of Santa Fe.

https://archive.org/stream/stonelionsofcoch00priniala/stonelionsofcoch00priniala_djvu.txt

These likely aren't trail markers, as they're real hard to get to. They're in Bandalier National Monument and were apparently some sort of shrine for the natives before their pueblo was destroyed. They're about three feet long (six with tails) and carved out of a single outcropping of solid rock. If I lived closer to that part of the state, it'd be a great destination to find.

stonelions.jpg

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Tonight, I have been posting about Native American trade routes. Native American traders had the same requirements for survival as any other trader. They needed food and water as well as campsites they could defend. They had to move quickly from one village to the next. They would probably need permanent markers to guide them from one place to another. Markers could have been bent trees, stones placed at important spots along a trail or maybe even petroglyphs to show the way. When the Europeans moved into a region, they might have learned how to find these signs and use the trade trails in the same manner as the Native Americans. Maybe they learned how to put their own marks along the trails to satisfy their own needs.

Some trails just don't leave options for better routes in areas.

One important thing must have been either having a force great enough to protect a group traveling , or better yet ;an ability to get along with most nations.
Bush whacking or cutting across regions would not mean a group escaped observation. And would slow progress.

Carl-NC

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Washington
Detector(s) used
Custom Designs and Prototypes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post #7, items 1-3, is an outstanding summary of the state of treasure signs & monuments. A single more valuable piece information than any other thread I've read so far in this forum.

Ahem, then there's #4:

4) The Ancients. My big picture is that there was a world-wide advanced civilization on earth that was totally destroyed by the cataclysm that occurred about 12,000 years ago. Suspicious0bservers, Diehold Foundation, Mystery History and other YouTube channels are very much on top of this subject for those who are interested.

In the Post-Diluvian period, I agree North America has quite likely been visited by a number of Old World Pre-Columbians. Chinese, Norse, Mediterraneans, and others. Giants? Yes, they were here too, I suspect. You ought to see and hear what they've found in Sardinia and other world-wide locations regarding giants. For reasons of population- and thought-control, I guess, I suspect that evidence that supports these contrarian beliefs is methodically destroyed, withheld, debunked and generally denied by the powers-that-be. Most people accept the world history narrative in place today because that's all they've ever known, even though much of it is likely lies. It's what we have.

Regarding the treasure aspect, I believe that there are precious metals caches in America that have been linked to some of these ancient civilizations. The links are based on Old World symbology, whether obvious or imagined. Be careful here because the use of this sort of symbology is a tactic attributed to the Organization lately referred to as the KGC, OAK, et al. in order to confuse people. As you know, it's my working model that most of the alleged Spanish or Ancient caches are in fact gold bullion hoards hidden by the elite following the Gold Act of 1933.

I've said before, where there's a conspiracy theory, there usually ain't nothing else. Science, specifically, is a very competitive sport where people are looking to make their mark in the social circles, if not science history. To think that thousands of scientists could possibly conspire to keep game-changing paleontological evidence suppressed is a pretty absurd notion. And what we have for actual evidence are blurry photographs, misplaced items, and P.T. Barnum-quality concoctions. Nothing else. The whole thing devolves into the realm of imagination and alternative facts, which are argued against nicely in #1-3. Gotta say sdcfia, I'm pretty disappointed in #4.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
These likely aren't trail markers, as they're real hard to get to. They're in Bandalier National Monument and were apparently some sort of shrine for the natives before their pueblo was destroyed. They're about three feet long (six with tails) and carved out of a single outcropping of solid rock. If I lived closer to that part of the state, it'd be a great destination to find.

View attachment 1670298

Thanks for the picture, Sdc. From the description, it does seem like some kind of sacred site. The location, north of Mexico City and close to the old network of trails that go to the north east, make me wonder if the sculptures represent jaguars. Something interesting about the network of trails I posted, from Detroit to Santa Fe, is the two places along those trails where there are serpent mounds with eggs in their mouths. One of the mounds is at Chicago, close to the Sauk Trail, and the other is in Rice County, Kansas, close to the Santa Fe trail. There is another one about 70 miles north of the mound in Rice County. As you know there are many serpent mounds east of the Mississippi River that are associated with the Hopewell culture. There were Hopewell settlements close to Kansas City where the Kansas River entered the Missouri River. This culture buried their dead in burial mounds containing stone vault tombs.

Just as a note of interest, one of the treasure sign monuments is a snake with a rock in its mouth.

https://moundbuilder.blogspot.com/p/30-serpent-mounds-in-north-america.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kansas_City_Hopewell

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Some trails just don't leave options for better routes in areas.

One important thing must have been either having a force great enough to protect a group traveling , or better yet ;an ability to get along with most nations.
Bush whacking or cutting across regions would not mean a group escaped observation. And would slow progress.

I wonder if Native American traders might have had some kind of safe passage arrangement as they passed through different territories. Still, there probably would have been some type of security to deal with renegades. That's an interesting observation.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Post #7, items 1-3, is an outstanding summary of the state of treasure signs & monuments. A single more valuable piece information than any other thread I've read so far in this forum.

Ahem, then there's #4:

I've said before, where there's a conspiracy theory, there usually ain't nothing else. Science, specifically, is a very competitive sport where people are looking to make their mark in the social circles, if not science history. To think that thousands of scientists could possibly conspire to keep game-changing paleontological evidence suppressed is a pretty absurd notion. And what we have for actual evidence are blurry photographs, misplaced items, and P.T. Barnum-quality concoctions. Nothing else. The whole thing devolves into the realm of imagination and alternative facts, which are argued against nicely in #1-3. Gotta say sdcfia, I'm pretty disappointed in #4.

Thanks for jumpin in. My experience with scientists, specifically archeologists, is that they want to avoid the controversial subjects. Try going up to an archeologist and tell him you think you might have a cache site marked with symbols that lead to the cache. Now, archeologists know that there are many different types of caches, because they dig them up all the time. They don't have a problem with the cache, they have a problem with the symbols that lead to it. It's more like treasure hunting and there is no way they want to deal with it. And you can't blame them. Their professional reputation would be destroyed. Same goes with the ancient Old World artifacts in North America questions. I've never tried that one, yet.

There is evidence of older Organization activity but that's a pretty deep rabbit hole to jump into, and, if the owner is still alive, it's illegal to take money that isn't yours.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder if Native American traders might have had some kind of safe passage arrangement as they passed through different territories. Still, there probably would have been some type of security to deal with renegades. That's an interesting observation.

Around here , certain groups controlled trade more than others. Some strongly..
Passing through among non enemies ground was not a usually noted contention. Bumping into their trade livelyhood though....Could create enemies.
Post contact the Neutrals (tribe name) was ended due to competition in the fur trade.
Other groups were bumped around multiple locales ;even states.
With pressure from groups East and South , those around here kinda got along . With exceptions.. There are some rough accounts of a trade group North of me and their treatment of native captives. More over tradition than trade.

Nervous guides if hired to go where they don't belong for the wrong purpose I would imagine.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Around here , certain groups controlled trade more than others. Some strongly..
Passing through among non enemies ground was not a usually noted contention. Bumping into their trade livelyhood though....Could create enemies.
Post contact the Neutrals (tribe name) was ended due to competition in the fur trade.
Other groups were bumped around multiple locales ;even states.
With pressure from groups East and South , those around here kinda got along . With exceptions.. There are some rough accounts of a trade group North of me and their treatment of native captives. More over tradition than trade.

Nervous guides if hired to go where they don't belong for the wrong purpose I would imagine.

I wonder if the Native American traders had cache sites, along the trade routes, that they marked with symbols.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

Ahem, then there's #4:

I understand your disappointment, Carl. We like solid footing in our belief systems and the allegation that some of society's bedrock narratives may not be valid can be troubling. Ideas like those in #4 tend to stimulate my curiosity and motivate searches for the truth. Your mileage may vary.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
One of the ways the Native Americans marked their trails was with bent tree trail markers.

trail marker tree.jpg

There is a Native American trail that goes through my county that ran for 7 miles from one river to another. This trail was marked with three small boulders, at places where there was a junction of trails. A few years ago, one of our local historians gave me a copy of a 1930's map that shows our town. Somebody had used a pencil to show the route of a Native American trail through our town. Although the rock markers were not shown, there was a place marked and labelled "Bent Tree". It's the only one I've heard of in our area.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Another way the Native Americans could give directions or share information along a trail, would be to create a petroglyph. This picture was taken from an excellent article about Native American trade in the southwest.

trails2a 500.jpg

Here's a link to the article.

https://www.desertusa.com/desert-trails/native-americans-trails.html

This article is about trade in the southwest but could apply to many regions and cultures of North America.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
During the 1960's archeologists found the site of a Norse settlement on the island of Newfoundland, Canada. The settlement dated to about 1000 AD and, as far as I know, is the earliest European settlement found on mainland North America.

Here is a picture of some runes that I have posted before. They are of the Elder Futhark writing system that was used by Germanic tribes from the 2nd to 8th centuries AD.

065.jpg

I found these on a boulder, close to a prominent landmark along an old trail.

So, who put this runic inscription, at this spot? A Norseman? Maybe. If you look at the meanings of the symbols, it seems like some sort of land claim.

"Tiawaz(the god Tyr), Wunjo(joy), Opila(heritage,estate,possession), Laguz(water,lake)". The god Tyr's primary role was that of an upholder of law and justice. So it seems like some Viking is real happy that he gets possession of land, with water on it, and the blessings of the lawyer in chief.

But, you should look at the overall picture before you come to that conclusion. During the middle 1800's, this area was heavily settled by immigrants from Germany. Elder Futhark runes have been found on jewelry, amulets, tools, weapons and other artifacts. Maybe one of the German immigrants had an artifact, with these runes on them, and he chiseled them into the boulder. You can't know for sure about carvings or trail monuments, unless you have recovered artifacts, in the same area, from the same time period.

Last edited:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
During the 1960's archeologists found the site of a Norse settlement on the island of Newfoundland, Canada. The settlement dated to about 1000 AD and, as far as I know, is the earliest European settlement found on mainland North America.

Here is a picture of some runes that I have posted before. They are of the Elder Futhark writing system that was used by Germanic tribes from the 2nd to 8th centuries AD.

View attachment 1671261

So, who put this runic inscription, at this spot? A Norseman? Maybe. If you look at the meanings of the symbols, it seems like some sort of land claim.

"Tiawaz(the god Tyr), Wunjo(joy), Opila(heritage,estate,possession), Laguz(water,lake)". The god Tyr's primary role was that of an upholder of law and justice. So it seems like some Viking is real happy that he gets possession of land, with water on it, and the blessings of the lawyer in chief.

But, you should look at the overall picture before you come to that conclusion. During the middle 1800's, this area was heavily settled by immigrants from Germany. Elder Futhark runes have been found on jewelry, amulets, tools, weapons and other artifacts. Maybe one of the German immigrants had an artifact, with these runes on them, and he chiseled them into the boulder. You can't know for sure about carvings or trail monuments, unless you have recovered artifacts, in the same area, from the same time period.

C'mon man , pry open that vault!:laughing7:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
... View attachment 1671261

So, who put this runic inscription, at this spot? A Norseman? Maybe. If you look at the meanings of the symbols, it seems like some sort of land claim. ...

Dating petroglyphs is very tricky. Scientific methods are controversial and not reliable in most cases. Cultural context is often used, but then you're relying on "professional" opinions which are also unreliable. Finding verifiable artifacts nearby seldom happens. You're right, these could be old Norse or modern Norse. Take a look at this recent video, dog.

And speaking of Norse runes, look at these - modern of course. This is a genuine Viking longhouse built in Mule Creek NM, finally completed in 2017. It's 99'x27' with 2'-thick adobe walls. I say "genuine" because it was constructed by an ex-CIA covert operative turned Viking pagan and renowned Norse scholar. Unfortunately, the man died six months before the building was completed. The dedication ceremony was attended by Germanic Heathens from around the world - members of The Thoth.

P7200003.jpg

P7200013.jpg

P7200005.jpg

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

View attachment 1671261

The runes were also found in Arkansas, close to where Albert Pike was living and some believe he was the person that carved them. The Older Germanic runes left by German soldiers are practically untranslated to this day, or so it has not been published.
Unpublished because of what the signs are pointing to.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Dating petroglyphs is very tricky. Scientific methods are controversial and not reliable in most cases. Cultural context is often used, but then you're relying on "professional" opinions which are also unreliable. Finding verifiable artifacts nearby seldom happens. You're right, these could be old Norse or modern Norse. Take a look at this recent video, dog.

And speaking of Norse runes, look at these - modern of course. This is a genuine Viking longhouse built in Mule Creek NM, finally completed in 2017. It's 99'x27' with 2'-thick adobe walls. I say "genuine" because it was constructed by an ex-CIA covert operative turned Viking pagan and renowned Norse scholar. Unfortunately, the man died six months before the building was completed. The dedication ceremony was attended by Germanic Heathens from around the world - members of The Thoth.

View attachment 1671294

View attachment 1671295

View attachment 1671296

Thanks for the video. It was real interesting. I agree with the mid 1800’s as far as placement goes. And he seems to have really done his homework as far as names and events go. I was surprised that he brought up the Verendrye Stone as part of the conspiracy. That would have meant the Jesuits would have been involved, in some way. There was a Jesuit priest named Aulneau who stayed at Verendrye’s post, at Lake of the Woods, the winter before he was to make a long trip to the southwest toward Colorado. Before he started the trip, the priest was killed by a war party of Souix(?), along with one of Verendrye’s sons. From what I remember, the inscription was on a large stone column and the Frenchmen chiseled it off and took it with them. It was given to the Jesuits and they sent it back to France, where it vanished. The whole story might have been a hoax.

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
The runes were also found in Arkansas, close to where Albert Pike was living and some believe he was the person that carved them. The Older Germanic runes left by German soldiers are practically untranslated to this day, or so it has not been published.
Unpublished because of what the signs are pointing to.

Thanks,Elh. It would not surprise me at all if Pike had done it. There were some big runes found in Oklahoma that were reported to the Smithsonian by a Freemason. The letter he sent was on paper with Masonic symbols on it. Just curious to me.

I’ve never heard the story about the German soldiers using runes. Do you know the whole story?

OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
SPANISH, PRIESTS, KGC, MASONS, TEMPLARS, KGC, ORGANIZATION, who is responsible for creating the sites that Tnet posters have been writing about for years? These sites share similar carvings or rock formations, the heart, the owl, the triangle, holes, turtles, faces, skulls, snakes, lions, ducks, and on and on. Some searchers say that these carvings and monuments lead to gold or silver caches, but, as far as I know, this has never been proven. It has been claimed that there are thousands of these sites all over the United States and Mexico. Some say they are found all over the World. Lets talk about this widespread distribution before we look at the different groups.

First of all, how many of these sites have actually been found. There seems to be treasure hunters in every state but most of the sites I have read about are in the American west or southwest. Most of them in Arizona. I haven't read of any in Mexico. Our posters have found these sites in Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Nevada, California, Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, Arkansas and that's all I've heard of. If anybody knows of more states, please post them.

These have been added by Sdcfia. "Utah, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Pennsylvania. I guess Virginia (Beale treasure) and Nova Scotia (Oak Island) too, for good measure. Others in the South, I suspect, associated with Confederate loot, that we haven't heard much about."

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Here's a map of the United States that shows land claimed by Spain, at one time or another.

spanish claims 650.png

They also did some exploration in Georgia, North Carolina and Kentucky(?). There might have been some Spanish gold mining in northern Georgia and Alabama.

Some searchers claim these treasure vault sites were placed along the trails moving away from the mining areas. So that means they should have been heading toward Mexico City. This map shows a main trail going to Mexico City from New Mexico. This trail should have been loaded with vault sites.

CaminoRealAdentro.png

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
SPANISH, PRIESTS, KGC, MASONS, TEMPLARS, KGC, ORGANIZATION, who is responsible for creating the sites that Tnet posters have been writing about for years? These sites share similar carvings or rock formations, the heart, the owl, the triangle, holes, turtles, faces, skulls, snakes, lions, ducks, and on and on. Some searchers say that these carvings and monuments lead to gold or silver caches, but, as far as I know, this has never been proven. It has been claimed that there are thousands of these sites all over the United States and Mexico. Some say they are found all over the World. Lets talk about this widespread distribution before we look at the different groups.

First of all, how many of these sites have actually been found. There seems to be treasure hunters in every state but most of the sites I have read about are in the American west or southwest. Most of them in Arizona. I haven't read of any in Mexico. Our posters have found these sites in Colorado, Idaho, Iowa, Nevada, California, Arizona, Texas, New Mexico, Arkansas and that's all I've heard of. If anybody knows of more states, please post them.

Utah, Tennessee, Oklahoma, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Pennsylvania. I guess Virginia (Beale treasure) and Nova Scotia (Oak Island) too, for good measure. Others in the South, I suspect, associated with Confederate loot, that we haven't heard much about.

Patterns can be important. One thing I've noticed is that many of these legends first popped up in the period late-1920s to late-1930s, and also early-1980s. It seems there ought to be a reason for that.

How many sites have been found? Many nice treasure caches have been/are recovered by searchers, but these are totally unrelated to the ones you're asking about - Organization legends associated with the groups you listed. For these major sites, it's hard to say, since folks who may have found such sites are not likely to talk. An exception may be an alleged recent claim in PA that the FBI cheated some guys out of a KGC cache there. No convincing hard evidence of that, however. Of course, many TNet posters have claimed they have found exact locations of major caches here and there, but have not actually recovered anything from them for various reasons. This is whiskey talk and/or delusional thinking for the most part with them, I suspect. Fake news. Bottom line to your question: none of the alleged mondo caches have been recovered that we know of.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread