Basic signs and symbols you have found

hetty

May 24, 2007
Re: Basic Spanish signs and symbols you have found

Hey Bluestem, I couldnt resist answering your post re stumps.Years ago I was underground in a vast Jesuit tunnel complex and ran across a commode made out of sandstone. THe hole was slightly to the right In this case it meant dig down slightly to the right.
Some time later after learning countless signs under ground I discovered the commode was common above ground.
This immitation commode has firstly either three or in many cases seven borer holes. Sometimes dozens to make sure you do not miss the tree stump or also on trees. We have no borers in Australia.

Secondly take note that the trunk has been removed leaving 2 levels which Identify it as a jesuit commode marker. The stepped down section is the
direction to travel ( three and a quarter paces) And the centre hole points the way exactly.Max

Attachments

• 100_0833.jpg
    100_0833.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 13,414

bluestem

Jun 11, 2007

I'll be looking at stumps tomorrow. Some do look like they were cut with an ax.

About 60-70 feet from this marker rock there used to be a large flat rock in the middle of a field of grass, with a few smaller rocks around. (The rocks in front of the marker rock "flow" in a different direction.) These rocks looked very out of place. They looked like they came from in front of the marker rock. My husband finally moved them when mowing. The two largest can still be seen on some satellite photos. I can see them being used to point the way now.

Great thread, Thom! Thank you for starting it. It's given me several light bulb moments, and I've spent at least 2 years lurking here and on other boards. I guess usually information discussed is so specific to particular site or picture that it doesn't translate to other spots so well. You approached it from the other direction. At least for me. And my thanks to everyone who has participated, particularly Hetty.

Hmmmmmm.....

VICTORIO

Jun 8, 2005
Detector(s) used
Pulse Star II & Whites TM808
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thanks again OD. This is an excellent Topic. Have been away as you know. Just had the chance to read this topic. Thanks for all your unselfish help. You and everybody who contributes. Hetty glad to see you posting on Tnet. I hadn't had the chance to see your post before. Thank you " 10X ". Excellent Info. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

You are all welcome.
Thanks to everyone who comments,
and special thanks to Hetty.
Was digging and found the other bell sign,
This is another of DW's pictures
he does an awesome job.

Thom

Attachments

• Bell #2.jpg
    Bell #2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 11,314
OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

The sign that says you are on the right trail is a good one to know and can show up in any number of ways.
As a negarive on the edge of a stone as a positive carved into a stone or tree .
It can even be a shadow created by an artist and the passing sun.

Note that when you start finding shadow markers it will be a long hard search.

Note the shadow on the face of the rock. it comes down the face to create the sign.

Attachments

• trailmarkers025-A.jpg
    trailmarkers025-A.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 11,182

IAsoldier

Apr 8, 2008
MV, IA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 with 11 inch coil. BLuetooth head set and Minelab pin pointer. My back is the Minelab Explorer II w/ 12 x 9 NEL coil, Minelab pinpointer and Deep woods headphones.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Well I read all this and I feel stupid for all the years I've missed out on some fun. I lived in Las Vegas, NV for 5 years and my older bro and I would go out and hike alot just East of the city and some times North. I would point out what weird rock that where laying out and about. I do remember hearts,crosses, and many more just out there plan as day. I was only 10-12 yrs old at the time and now Im 29 and the memories are coming back. My brother still lives out there and I really need to tell him to go back to that cave we found with markers. Fun story how we fun it just by accident when driving and had to a Short Call pit stop. Cave was small only big anuff for a medium built person about 3.5 ft high and maybe 4ft long hidden by brush and a huge rock next to it with shadow hidding it. But in side was huge and you could walk around in. I did see tunnels but nevered went in and yes sign on the side. Had a bad feeling on it and so we left. I think a vacation is coming up this summer and I'm going out. Thanks for this posting it was helpful. Sincerely T Frazier

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

lots of amazing folks here sharing information....feels like we got our own lil college of signs here. Thanks so much to the instructors and for the participation from everyone else as well. Gives me a place to learn something fascinating! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

Hi soldier,

What we are posting here are basic signs, so that the average person can be a little more informed about the world around them.
A sign on the ground may be as simple as a stone placed where it did not occure naturally.
Trails are mostly easy to follow if you look at what they put there for you to see.
Here is an example of a trail marker that is all alone and still gives a direction to go,,,

Attachments

• large triangle.jpg
    large triangle.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 11,186
OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

Signs will show up in some strange places
Like the middle of an open field.

Attachments

• lone pointer.jpg
    lone pointer.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 11,548

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

Can't get much more eye catching than that one!

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

When all the signs have gone awol and you can't seem to find any in your fiel of view....
Be aware that the Spanish went long distances on foot,
but they also rode horses. SO LOOK UP !
Many of the signs you will encounter are at your eye level.
if the signs disappear remember to look up,
as they may have been placed at eye level to a man on horseback.

They may have been placed higher than that for a reason... these direct your attention to a point long distant.

Attachments

• look up.jpg
    look up.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 10,794
  • look up 2.jpg
    look up 2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 10,726

hetty

May 24, 2007

Old Dog and readers. Please note that most of Jesuit markers and deposits where possible are on hillsides. The reason for this is that the best man traps could be set on hill sides after burying their caches at the standard depth of 10 feet. Those of you who would like to obtain only one or two bars at a few feet are only dreamers. Its very difficult to set a man trap physically. So the Jesuits worked out a very cheap plan of using gravity to do there work. Many monuments have a grave like structure just underground on the rising ground .It is a trench usually lined if possible with timber or rocks and about 4.6 inches long and about 2 foot three inches wide. The inside of this trench is usually about several feet deep and they prefer to construct it facing south . There are usually indicators inside the "grave" easily understood which tell you to follow their pointed small rocks, arrows , sea shells or colored sand downwards and forwards at about 45 degrees. To how deep? Dont worry you will never find out. You will be dead caused by weights in the overhead sand burying you.

The Jesuits just paced 45 degrees angle to the right for 3 and a quarter paces and dug straight down, with the sky always above their heads.
The gold is buried in posthole fashion about 1 foot by 1 foot by about 4 foot deep. They buried it in a manner difficult to accidently uncover it. To know if you are on site, probe down several inches. There will be a flat rock, a sea shell, several small grouped stones , in other words something that shouldnt be there.

On the sides of gulleys here in coastal eastern australia they buried silver boxes every 10 feet apart and 10 feet deep about two or three times the size of a cigar box" Edge On" to escape accidental discovery. I once dowsed jewels in one box years ago but all the rest have pearls.
The last dowsing session I had was June 2004. I dowse via sun flares and a partial or full moon for deflection. I invented dowsing rods a hundred times more powerful than conventional l shaped rods In January 2004 which give a clear mental picture of a target for a few seconds. The solar flares that I dowse and dig by come in 11 year cycles and we are in the second year of the present cycle.
Weak flares are gradually commencing , however they are not yet of sufficient strength to dowse and dig by.
If you are interested in dowsing Follow Noaas daily space weather bulletins
Situations vacant I dont need the rods to find gold , I have all the sites I could use for several centuries. What I need is an assistant who can dig or maybe two.
If you live in australia and are interested PM me. Maybe even an electronic expert who can reproduce a gadget that can supply and envelope a complete body with magnetic flux, it does not have to be mobile in my case as I can mentally bring the target to me. With my rods you would be made.
Pic is a 20 strength verical dowsing rod. Its separators nonconductive, its rods are 1/8 aluminium and length is just shy of three feet.

It is held vertically within several inches of your legs to be surrounded by your bodies magnetic aura boosted by sun flares reflected by the unabstructed moon day or night. Good luck.
Max

Attachments

• MVC-041F.JPG
    MVC-041F.JPG
    12.8 KB · Views: 11,921
OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

The Spanish who made these markers would often buid in short false trails to discourage and confuse someone who was seeking what they left behind. When a promenant marker points in two different directions nearby there will be another pointer to show the correct direction of travel, as shown in the picture there is another pointer flat on the ground to the left of the stack that points several ways confirming the smaller pointers direction.

Attachments

• Pointer confirmation.jpg
    Pointer confirmation.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 3,358

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250

:icon_study: :icon_study: I am payin attention here...that is a good one...would have been real confusing without having that post to clear the water

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

very often rather than carve an arrow to point the way they would simply put a notch in a stone or on a tree
this is confirmed by another mark somewhere on the stone to tell you "this ain't natural"

Attachments

• notch 2.jpg
    notch 2.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 3,190
  • notch.jpg
    notch.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 3,099
OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

Cyndi,
These are the ones that people move.
The flat stones in these markers are often pieces of flagstone that make nice patios and sidewalks.

Thom

OP
OP
Old Dog

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado

Some times a small carving of an animal is used to point the way
and sometimes only a part of the animal

Attachments