Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DTTH, I can not find your "dolphin", but it reminds me of this picture... polknee hil.png

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Look at the shadows of the one you labeled "???" on the left and also on top of the "2_" or " z_"

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dog, TTher:
Could that figure folks are calling a "Z" in the pic in post #1158, actually be an "L" with a "flag" on the top of it's vertical leg? The bottom, horizontal part of it looks more like a wavy base of a capital "L" and the "flag" looks more like a horizontal flame than the top part of a "Z".

poorfarm

Feb 13, 2011
nm#5%20005.jpg

if your looking for dolphins dog then no 3 looks more like it
but 1 and 2 caught my eye more

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for the info. quinoa. i cant say which way to go from that sign,i have no ideal. but i can say that the shape of the rock that the z is on, that that shape is at another site that i have been working on,that i believe to have a cache there. that is why i want to check this site out much better. i believe this may be a cache site also, from some of the photos i have been looking at of this site

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shortstack, yes it could be a L,Z,7,or other things. i have found as the light changes or as you move to different angles, letters, #'s ,shapes and shadows can morph it to something different. which seems to make it all so hard for me to understand it. but the one thing is, that that shape of rock that the z? is on ,i have found that same shape of stone at another site i believe is a cache site.so iam going back to this site and do some more photo work on it. ill post a photos of both stones that are mountains apart,so if anyone see this shape, i belive you are in a cache area, of course with no discovery or recovery,i cant prove it

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is the photo of the shape of the stone at two different mountain ranges that i believe is used at a cache site. so keep a eye open for it. i dont believe its a run of the mill common sign. i believe connected with cache.the one site with the#7,i made a few trips there, the one with the Z, only one quick trip,but there are some goodie signs close by,like the one with the #7. of course no discovery or recovery yet, so i cant prove it. View attachment 631667 View attachment 631668 anyone have any ideals on this shape?

poorfarm

Feb 13, 2011
dog theres more in the right pic
below red line a dog or bear
the right rock with the square cut out
looks like a tomb stone on left

usernotfound

Sep 7, 2011
Detector(s) used
T-2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is the photo . View attachment 631667 anyone have any ideals on this shape?

Right underneath your green circle is the turtle head by itself looking to our left and his right, underneath that is a owl head or with shadows for eyes. I believe the owl is telling you to look at the shadow above and the turtle is looking at the direction of where the shadow symbol is talking about.

If it has been pointed out, sorry, and if I'm a complete cloud reader, I'm sorry also.

Good luck!:treasurechest:

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks poorfarm for pointing out the other items.i really like the thing you pointed out as a tombstone,i totally missed that square cutout,thanks. i want to get back there and work that area over better,going to try and hit it this weekend.i need to put more photos together of that area.there's a lot going on with that hillside, thats a littel differant and more complex then some other sites

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks for that info. on the turtle and owl usernotfound. i want to say that iam guessing, what is hidden there is to the left in that photo,so thanks for saying about the turtle head looking left. i wonder if the cut on the stone above the red line in both pictures is a measurement shape? like the horizontal part means go left a certain distance,and the vertical part is depth? or a pull sign to go left? hope i can find out someday with a recovery or discovery.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dog, that sure does look like a robed figure casting a kings face profile with crown. There are a lot of symbols on his robe, including a triangle. Lower down in the left quadrant, is a lamb and a couple of story rocks. Those story rocks are covered with symbols. That large arrow is pointing to a huge rock with a large right-angled notch cut into it so that it can sit on the large rock that has a right angled edge to it. This arrangement does not look natural.

5122012 155-dogtther.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread