OP
OP
jeric2

jeric2

May 29, 2003
Eastern Shore, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
wow, I really thought this would create some sort of conversation. Surprised. Either way, the time that it was to be unveiled has apparently come and gone (8am eastern time US), and nothing's been reported. hmmmm.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
was gearldo there ? :P

OP
OP
jeric2

jeric2

May 29, 2003
Eastern Shore, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
haha, I dunno, can't find any video or pics of it.
Honestly though, I thought as passionate a subject as this is (and all of religion for that matter) that it would have created at least a small discussion. surprised.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry !
to me it would be like Finding
Santa's Sleigh at the North Pole,
So I stayed out of it.

Not sure either why somone didn't Reply.

OP
OP
jeric2

jeric2

May 29, 2003
Eastern Shore, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
I believe the Etheopians believe they have 'something' that was created by someone to look like the description that was made to keep people believing in their faith. They have parades each year there where people carry imitations of the Ark down the parade route. Their whole religion is based entirely on the belief in the Ark and that they have it. So, I would understand why they would want to believe beyond any doubt that what they have is the real thing.

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I hope it's true! I'm wondering if it's a 'fizzle' though since we haven't heard anything about it and it's well past 2 in Italy!!

I think it would be very interesting to see what the reaction would be. The muslims would instantly claim fake, since if it was REAL that would blow a big hole in the 10th imam biz. The non-believers would cry fake because they sure as heck don't want pesky evidence that Christianity just might accidentally be true, forcing them to come to grips with a true foundation for right/wrong. Not to mention that whole accountability thing. The agnostics and atheists will cry fake for obvious reasons. The Jews would naturally 'own' it, but the uproar over them GETTING it would likely be quite high. Those who would NOT want to allow anything to happen that might fit with prophesy would want the ark to be buried. Deeply. The 'scientific community' sure as heck would want their paws on it to debunk it. Naturally, if they COULDN'T debunk it, they'd be sure to bury it as well.

Yep. It could interesting around here!

OP
OP
jeric2

jeric2

May 29, 2003
Eastern Shore, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Imagine the uprising if they did show 'something'. Everyone would be after it if they thought there was even the smallest amount of authenticity to it. It'll never be shown and if something is shown, it will be proven to be a replica or hoax of some sort. Wars have been fought over less in regards to religion.

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
This just goes to show you you can post just about anything out on the internet and get someone to believe it.

I wish it were true because that would be one awesome find. But then again how many people do you know that you would trust such an important item with?

S

stefen

Santa's sled was a 57 chevy convertable...and this old story still has a certain aromatic attachment to it.

ES66

Oct 3, 2008
Eagan, MN
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
If they did find it, they better be careful opening it. Remember what happened to the Nazis in Raiders of the Lost Ark? :wink:

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Yep. It would be sort of a 'kicking in' of the prophetic afterburners..so to speak.

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
mastereagle22 said:
that's kind of what I was thinking. but then again Im a right wing, Fringe Christian nutcase......

It's been said that admission is the first step towards recovery... :D

Jay

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the reason nothing has been on the news is because all of the networks are still bawling and squalling over Michael Jackson's death. Man I'm getting reeeeeeeal TIRED of seeing and hearing all their crap on that subject. >:(

I read recently that the temple has already been built and is stored in sections at a secret location; ready to be assembled when the time comes.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
forget opening it , merely touching the ark is forbidden --thats why it has 4 rings to be carried on poles -- it is to never be handled by man -- it is a holy icon -- the broken tablets within the ark contain the ten commandments given by gods own hand burnt into the stone --which was into bits broken by moses when he saw how unworthy of gods rules and blessings the jewish people were when he came off of the mountion after 40 days and saw them sinning badly. -- to merely touch the holy ark is death (moses placed the shards of the ten commandments in the ark)----the ark is gods bond to the human race his laws that we are to live by.

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
jeric2 said:
I believe the Etheopians believe they have 'something' that was created by someone to look like the description that was made to keep people believing in their faith. They have parades each year there where people carry imitations of the Ark down the parade route. Their whole religion is based entirely on the belief in the Ark and that they have it. So, I would understand why they would want to believe beyond any doubt that what they have is the real thing.

I tend to believe that the temple also contains an imitation Ark, and that the real one is concealed elsewhere. You don't leave something that powerful lying around and not expect someone to try to touch it out of curiosity (just like putting a sign on a wall that says "Wet paint - Do not touch!". People can't resist doing the opposite of being told not to do something.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread