In the Mother Lode, a new gold rush

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I hope to God they get shut down. Foreign mining companies, and in particular Canadian, have a habit of following their own lax environmental standards on US soil, and the US taxpayer winds up cleaning up after them. Then the enviro groups have yet another reason to protest and shut down US based mining groups that can't compete because of over-regulation.

It sucks that US companies are having a hard time getting to these deposits, but foreigners have free reign and we all pay! >:(

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Jeffro said:
I hope to God they get shut down. Foreign mining companies, and in particular Canadian, have a habit of following their own lax environmental standards on US soil, and the US taxpayer winds up cleaning up after them. Then the enviro groups have yet another reason to protest and shut down US based mining groups that can't compete because of over-regulation.

It sucks that US companies are having a hard time getting to these deposits, but foreigners have free reign and we all pay! >:(
You have such a knack for making it easy to agree with you :icon_thumright:

Badfrog

Aug 31, 2007
Jeffro said:
Foreign mining companies, and in particular Canadian, have a habit of following their own lax environmental standards on US soil

And you should see what US companies do abroad ! :wink:

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
truckinbutch said:
Jeffro said:

You have such a knack for making it easy to agree with you :icon_thumright:

I agree.
Newt

Bcat

Tenderfoot
Jan 11, 2010
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT , MXT , Minelab GP3000
We have two Placer claims , one an old drift mine re-opened since 1898 in Northern California . The whole canyon all around us has been claimed up mostly by Canadian Mining intrests. making them the largest holders in the immediate region. :-[

Dedimus

Jan 14, 2010
envyville
Badfrog said:
Jeffro said:
Foreign mining companies, and in particular Canadian, have a habit of following their own lax environmental standards on US soil

And you should see what US companies do abroad ! :wink:
And you should see what us Frenchmen do to abroad as well. :wink:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you think they are bad, you should see what French-Canadiens do! They eat babies! With Fava Beans and a nice Chianti THP THP THP THP THP!

Best-Mike

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
but the average person can't do anything?we give more freedom to foriegners than actual citizens.if you went to do this they would shut you down.red tape your azz to death! who-ever hurt anything with a hobbyist dredge anyway :dontknow:?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions