Jobless man uncovers gold hoard with metal detector?????

NJ Marty

Jun 7, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS Minelab E-trac
After he finally receives the money be it 5 million pounds what will the tax on his new income be? will it be more than 50%? Just wondering.
Marty

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UK Stan said:
CRUSADER said:
ivan salis said:
hooray for him and the farm owner !!! it warms my heart to hear that a poor working class type stiff finally catches a break --a 10 million pound british hoard is about 16 million USD --about 8 million each ( minus a huge amounts of "offical" taxes of course ) but it should still leave a couple million each for them to get by on .

Sorry this is only my prediction. The papers said £1m +, I think this is way off. It will be a year before we know for sure.

Agreed. This will reach record levels. £17.5 million + and counting. This dig has never been seen before in the UK, this is absolutely massive. Anglo-Saxon finds from probably AC675 to 725. Multiply by 1500 pieces, covered in heavy gold and silver.

No doubt it will eventually go to auction, an Arab sheik with the right bid will have a 'field day'.

Apparently Caroline Barton, assistant treasure registrar at the British Museum said that this collection of finds will not be leaving Britain.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard he splits half of 1.8 mil with landowner. Ahhh to recover something like that in the neighbors yards :thumbsup:

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I for one am glad he chose to be honest. we get to see it and now we may be able to read the whole story too. if he had not we might never know.

p.s. I seroiusly thought this was crusader and his dad.

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TnMountains said:
I heard he splits half of 1.8 mil with landowner. Ahhh to recover something like that in the neighbors yards :thumbsup:

1.8 is a very poor guess (not by you, I know, but those speculating). The valuation committee has made no decision yet & can't until they have a full report etc. this maybe 1 year away (maybe less if lucky). The real value maybe 20 times that, no-one knows.

ilyes1113

Sep 3, 2008
constantina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
cscope x3.fisher f5.garrett2500+eagle aye.ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in the algerian low .all of underground is the propriety of state .mean if this treasur was found in algeria .this man been jobless and pover to the end of his life.
luky detectorist & to be britich.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions