UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this on the web , but do not remember the link. I save as a picture file. I will attach the two files. Not sure it worked!

So according to this account, there WAS an inquest into the disappearance of Jack Reynolds, which we should be able to locate official records of.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
So according to this account, there WAS an in quest into the disappearance of Jack Reynolds, which we should be able to locate official records of.

Yes, according to the guy with the "TREASURE HUNTER" sign on the side of his truck, who sells articles to treasure magazines. As I pointed out earlier, locating these types of public records is the type of due diligence required for folks who are interested in facts. Assuming that "nobody in New Mexico keeps records" is one thing, but spending time in the Sierra County Courthouse trying to find the documents is quite another. In addition, if Perrone and Reynolds existed, and this account is accurate, there would also be mention of the incident in the old newspapers.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Has anyone ever found a primary document related to a Margaret Parone (or other spelling) in the Caballo area between 1925 and 1975?

Garry

The John Clarence Gold Trilogy Book 1 alleges that an obituary for Perrone (sp?) was published on the east coast that mentioned a Hot Springs, NM period in her life. However, the obit wasn't provided for confirmation.

I have seen no verification that the woman was in Hot Springs, NM (Truth or Consequences). No census records, property records, court records, records of the hospital she was said to have owned, newspaper articles mentioning her, newspaper ads for her business. That's not proof she wasn't there, but since nobody has yet provided any of this to validate the stories, it doesn't bode well.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garry,

Her first name was not Margaret.

SDCFIA,

Maybe her first name was not Margaret? Maybe something a little unusual? Although I did find a mention of her in an Albuquerque Newspaper from 1956.

MPerrone Albuquerque Journal 1956.jpeg

Seems like she was party to a lady getting an abortion that died in the process. Margaret did not die on the East Coast either. She died right there in New Mexico.

Mike

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, enough pregnant pause.......................

Her name was ................ drum roll please .......................... :

Anemone (Annemone) Margaret Perrone

Born 28 Feb 1871
Died 29 May 1973

Her husband was Carmine Fred Perrone. He was a Private in the US Army during WWI, which is why she is buried alongside him in the Santa Fe National Cemetery.

Her last residence was 89701 Truth or Consequences, NM.

razJLv.jpg IYKnF3.jpg c5uFxO.jpg

(I uploaded them to my ImageShack Account and relisted them here)

Enjoy - Mike

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Garry

Apr 19, 2009
Mike,

Thanks a million!! Good job.

Now I wonder when they were married and where. She is 22 years older that Carmine. It looks like he suffered some disabilities from the War and I wonder if he came to New Mexico for his health, met Margaret and they married late in life?

Now you are in trouble!

In the near future, I may be trying to cajole you into sharing some additional details from the Willie Douthit interviews.:)

Garry

BTW, John Clarence has a reference from his interview with Madeline Holden (Page 38) that Margaret's married name was "Harris".

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Notice the US Death Index is a few years off and misspelled, but it is the same person.

She got her ssn the year after her husband died.

Mike

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Garry,

Her first name was not Margaret.

SDCFIA,

Maybe her first name was not Margaret? Maybe something a little unusual? Although I did find a mention of her in an Albuquerque Newspaper from 1956.

View attachment 1109722

Seems like she was party to a lady getting an abortion that died in the process. Margaret did not die on the East Coast either. She died right there in New Mexico.

Mike

Good work, Mike. Now we know there was a Margaret Perrone in T or C in 1956, and likely until her death in 1973. A midwife - fits her "healer" reputation. I wish she had appeared in the Federal Censuses of 1920-30-40 - that would confirm the time period.

Now we need to find Jack Reynolds. If he was reported by Ms Perrone as missing and a possible victim of foul play, there should be a report in the Sheriff's office. I've searched the Sierra County Courthouse before for public records, and despite the weird setup at the time, had pretty good results. Maybe the documents have been digitized by now. Good luck, Mike - the restaurants in T or C are marginal.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good work, Mike. Now we know there was a Margaret Perrone in T or C in 1956, and likely until her death in 1973. A midwife - fits her "healer" reputation. I wish she had appeared in the Federal Censuses of 1920-30-40 - that would confirm the time period.

Now we need to find Jack Reynolds. If he was reported by Ms Perrone as missing and a possible victim of foul play, there should be a report in the Sheriff's office. I've searched the Sierra County Courthouse before for public records, and despite the weird setup at the time, had pretty good results. Maybe the documents have been digitized by now. Good luck, Mike - the restaurants in T or C are marginal.

SDCFIA,

While not documented, Mrs Perrone was well known to the area. Her existence was never in question (to me). I just like to accommodate folks when I can. HAHAHA

Mike

treasminder2

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
and ,,,,

She could Roll a Cigar with one hand ,,, and light it with her Toes .

the Woman was amazing ,,

any Old Hag that can Net a Boy 22 years younger than herself ,,

well , you just know she had Super Powers ,,,

Maybe she got a spidey Bite ,,, and could Web Walk and struff .

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She must have been a tough old bird. She was getting up on 100 years old when she died (depending on whether she was born in 1871 or 1877).

Mike

treasminder2

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
yeah
I hear the more evil a person ist
he longer they have to live in this world

could she fart flames I wonder ?

OP
OP
G

Garry

Apr 19, 2009
Margaret Perrone's Obituary

All,

To tell the truth, I’m surprised, so far, that the Margaret Perrone “stories” are sticking fairly close to the public records. We have a way to go and I’m taking a break. I’m going blind looking for additional stuff.:)

What I have found is the following:

Quite a bit on her husband, Carmine Fred Perrone’s history.

The biggest hit I found was Anemone M. Perrone’s Obituary. The print was kind of faded so I have transcribed it below.

Newspaperarchive.com (Subscription Site)

May 31, 1973, (Thursday) Page 8 - Truth or Consequences Herald (Truth Or Consequences, New Mexico)

Services Held For A. M. Perrone

Funeral services will be held Friday, June 1 at 9 a.m. at Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church for Mrs. Anemone Margaret Perrone, well known resident of this city. Father John Miles will officiate.

Mrs. Perrone died Tuesday, May 29 at St. Ann’s Hospital. She had been a resident of this city for 46 years. She was born Feb. 28 1871 at Highland Park, Mich., to parents of English and French descent. She entered the field of nursing as a young girl and graduated as a registered nurse. She then entered the Northwestern School of Medicine and Surgery at Evansville, Ill., where she received her diploma of Doctor of Medicine, Surgery and Obstetrics. Mrs. Perrone served her internship at Lakeside Hospital in Chicago, Ill. She moved to this city in 1927 and operated a hospital until she went broke during the depression. The hospital was located in what is now the American Legion Club.

Mrs. Perrone was preceded in death by her husband C. Fred Perrone in 1965. Mrs. Perrone was active in veteran’s organizations and was a member of the WW I and DAV Auxiliaries.

She is survived by two grandsons, Charles Harris of this city and Roy Harris of Ohio and six great grandchildren.

Burial will be conducted in the Santa Fe National Cemetery under the direction of French Mortuary.

There are certainly some hints in the obituary that should allow us to move backward to our period of interest.

I’m sure I found her in the 1940 Hot Springs Census (Mrs C. I. Harris) [Remember the name Harris from the John Clarence, Madeline Holden interview?] Margaret’s age is way off but what’s new.

A Charles Ira Harris can be found on findagrave buried in the Hot Springs Cemetery. (Died 1938 or 1939 depending on which record you use.)

Still no luck in the 1930 census time period when the Douthit story was taking place. I would also appreciate if someone does get back to her parents and children that they would share it here.

She sounds like quite a lady! She also served in WW I in the Medical Service, and was very actively involved in the WW I Veterans and Disabled American Veterans, (Auxiliary organizations)

It is sad that the alleged abortion story may have sullied the reputation of an otherwise inspiring life but I found nothing in the timeline that indicates she was tried or convicted of anything. She continues to show up fairly regularly in the New Mexico newspapers (Articles involving the WW I Vets and DAV) in the period following the allegations.

Garry

Last edited:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well it was good to see all the people show up out at Rincon
looking for that Stone Cabin this weekend

welcome to the area folks .

now's the time to do it too , cause ain't no snakes out
and it's cooler out

while you guys are there , keep in mind that the two priest
both had a cache apiece , so there is more than just one in the area .

enjoy the day .

Seriously? lol Did they find it? And I thought you were up north on the coast, living on a boat. Did you move back to the area?

Last edited:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would be nice to find is a birth record of Jack Reynolds, and a copy of the inquest that was supposedly done after his death.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just having fun, Roger, but aren't you the one always complaining about people spying on you? :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread