Margaret A Perrone

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Those websites that I use to do this searching some times have a mind of there own and think they know what you want to see more than yyou do,
one day i had put in margaret harris in michigan and one of the items that popped up was a 1945 city directory for detroit, i looked and this was not our margaret.
but decided to browse all the harris's and found several doctors and nurse's but nothing i could clamp my teeth on, I decided while I was there I would search that
same directory for Perrone well on my first jog I went a little to for and low and behold there is Placido and Barbarita Romero staring me in the face,
I took note of the adress and went back to harris and they were living on the same street as a nurse Harris, But I later found out this was just a coincidence,
but a pretty big one I must say. Placido went to the army then worked at Holloman and Bliss and is buried in T or C.

OP
OP
G

Garry

Apr 19, 2009
OK, so my theory that maybe Charles Harris could shed some light on the Jack Reynolds story was one of my fantasies!

When I saw that BIGSCOTT had identified Charles' death date. I was able to do a search and I found his obituary. Lodi, Ohio! I would have never paused on a hit of Charles Harris in Lodi long enough to realize it was our guy.

I'm am pasting in the Obit from the Wooster (Ohio) Daily Record, October 10, 2006.

CHARLES HARRIS - LODI (Medina County, Ohio)

Charles "Sonny" Harris, 73, of Lodi, died Sunday, Oct. 8, 2006, at Akron General Medical Center, following a short illness.

Services will be Thursday, Oct. 12, at 11 a.m. at Parker & Son Funeral Home, 210 Medina St., Lodi, with the Revs. David Howell and Tom O'Connell officiating. Burial will follow at Woodlawn Cemetery in Lodi. Friends may call Wednesday from 2-4 and 7-9 p.m. at the funeral home.

Charles was born Nov. 12, 1932, in Big Springs, Texas, and spent most of his life in Hot Springs, N.M.
, which was later changed to Truth or Consequences, N.M. He moved to Ohio in 1990. Mr. Harris worked as a meat cutter at the former IGA in Lodi, Mack's Food Locker and Miller Brothers Grocery, retiring in 1995 from ABC Plastics. He was a member of Lodi United Methodist Church and served in the U.S. Army from 1950-52. He was an avid outdoorsman, enjoying fishing and raising beautiful roses.

Surviving are his wife, Patsy, whom he married Oct. 27, 1990; daughters, Debra Stoops of Hobbs, N.M., Sharon (Danny) O'Boyle of Hobbs, N.M., Mary Margaret (Michael) Neal of Odessa, Texas, and Donna Jo (Michael) Heppler of Grants, N.M.; a son, Robert Harris of Hobbs, N.M.; stepchildren, Roy (Debra) Emery of Burbank, Pamela Bammerlin of Lodi, and Laurel (Jay) Hendrix of Buford, Ga.; 16 grandchildren; eight great-grandchildren; eight great-great-grandchildren; eight step-grandchildren, and four step-great-great-grandchildren.

His stepparents, Margaret and Carmine Perrone and daughter, Caron Marquez, died previously.

It is interesting that in this case Charles identifies Margaret and Carmine Perrone as his stepparents. This sounds more like the case. I would now also identify Charles Ira Harris as a stepparent for Charles' first 5 or 6 years of life.

The obit doesn't mention much about his life in New Mexico but it appears most of his children are still living there.

BIGSCOTT has also referenced Margaret's Will and I'm anxious to explore that in detail. When we were in Truth or consequences we MISSED THAT? We tried to find Margaret's probate file and came up empty. There was a case file that was missing and it would have been right in the proper time frame. The information in the probate packets appeared to have been later all transcribed to large ledger books.

Of course, I suspected that some treasure hunter had lifted Margaret's packet before the transfer to the probate books!
>:(

Garry

Last edited:

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Good work Garry
computer locked up last night brfore I finished.

An overnight re-boot does wonders

I was talking about coincedence's
Fred and Mary Perrine lived in Carlsbad, and Roswell, from the mid 30's to about 1956,and owned several buisness's then they disappear. Hmmmmmmm.........

El Paso city directory 1920 first listing for byron is Alonzo Byron no occupatin listed but adress is listed, next listing MRS Margaret M Byron Nurse Hendrick Laws sanitorium, but no adress listed.Hmmmmm...............

Dayton Ohio Margaret Byron Listed several times from 1904 till 1917 then she dissapears, there are two Margaret Byrons listed both as widows one contnues to show up untill the 1920's
The one I am refearing to is the widow of col. John W. Byron,- get this - superintedent and treasurer for the placement of disabled vetrans. Hmmmmmmmm.........

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
in Sherry, and Cindy's video's, some refer to Margarets Hospital as Being the first, others say Fred leslie's was the first. when I first came across this name I was running around the theory
of alias's for or Margaret since several of her arrest records listed her as Margaret Hrris aka Margaret Leseman or Leasman, well leslie sounded like a good name to persue, cant find Fred in
any of the places he was supposed to have lived but found several articles where he did autopsy's on suspicious death's, then hurry up burialsHmmmmmmmmm.............

Fred was supposed to have come to Hot Spring's in 1936 from Roy New Mexico, which is right outside Clovis and Portales, his building is still there, I think it was a church for awhile
and then some sort of government office, it is at the corner of Clancey and Austin.

treasminder2

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
The " To Do List " for a Saturday

1. open eyes, find pee cup , go pee , try to set it upright on the nightstand this time

2. close eyes, go back to dreaming

3. open eyes , let Beepers Puppy out to Crap on neighbors front porch

4. Let Beepers puppy back in , crawl back in bed , close eyes , go back to dreaming .

5. After two more hours of dreaming , pull covers over head and cut the cheese to force me out
of bed .

6 . Stagger to bathroom , try not to bump into walls more than twice .

7. Take shower to wash fart from hair .

8 . go steal that rotten neighbors Pot Plants.

9. Feed stolen Pot Plants to that annoying Poodle on other side of House

10. Call Cops and turn in the Poodle for being under the influence

11. Slash Cop Car Tires while the Cops attempt to resuscitate the Poodle

12 . Take photo of Cop Car with Four Flats and post it on my Facebook page

13 . Send Hate Email to Cop Station for abandoning a Cop Car with four Flats , on my street
blocking my driveway .

14 . Sneak out Side Door of House , and heave Cat Crap from the litter box , onto Bad Neighbor's Windshield .

15 . Remember to laugh at Neighbor when he finds Cat Crap on his Car , and make a snide statement to him

16. Eat a Fattening Meal followed by a Pint of Ice Cream in celebration of above activities .

17. Take Nap for exertion from all the above Fun .

18. Dream during nap that I rule the World and Bad neighbors are ground up
and fed to annoying Poodles at my Command .

end to do list

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So what took charlie jr to ohio, a job? or relatives? Margarets oituary say's she had a grandson named Roy in ohio.

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Gollums last post was here and now he's banned, wonder what he did?

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wats matt got the cojones to do? last i saw he was ging to hike up to some hanging lake or some thing.

treasminder2

Banned
Oct 9, 2011
Did Matt have a " To Do " List too ?

Funny thing is , Maggie Perrone always made a Saturday to do list ,

One Saturday , She had on her To Do List , a note to get another ,,,,,,,,,,

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Drvers License? car? Name? Dog? Cat?Hat?, I think she was fond of hats, House? Bucket? Shovel?Mirror?Am I close?

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
in an article written just a little more than a month before she died it commented on her black hat with white daisy's.

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
O.K. it's time to get back to work, I'm laid off right now and oilfield jobs are few and far between, so farming for a living and it's time to start picking.

besides I am getting De-ja-vu Margaret on the brain from all this searching and this is kinda turning into a geaneology thread.

We can now connect Margaret Byron,With Margaret Leseman, With Margaret Harris, With Margaret Perrone, I was strarting to wonder about the Change from Harris to Perrone untill Gerry found the
Obituary for Charlie jr.

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Scenerio: Margaret finds gold by whatever means in the Mountains, ( which mountains) her life is threatened, (if the red coat story is true this could be construed as a threat)
The men in black from the Doughtit story would not go unnoticed, she is a mid-wife and a physichian of sorts and well connected,and not stupid, she would know where these men were traveling.
She backs off untill the heat settles down and then goes for the gold that she Knows is accesible.
gossip was a big thing back then, so how many of her friends knew apout this?How did she dispose of the two bars originally taken and any other she might have aquirred.

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
when her probate was taken care of I had said that two of the claimants were named johnson, this is not right , it was John, and Velma Anderson.
What was their claim to her eastate, it is Andersons that own her lots in block 63 today but not John and Velma.
When she found the gold she was a Leseman, and later August Leseman claims to be a gold miner.Hmmmmmmmm.........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread