Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: florida group trying to get permit to remove Doc Noss Gold

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2008
    I was up in the Caballo's a few weeks ago and I want to see the Doc Noss hole and I got met by One of the Brothers and he told me that I cold not go down and have a look at the hole because it was a private camp.

us
    Sep 2007
    45 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I though it was a Army Base..

Oct 2012
    No, the spot just down from Timber mountain where they are building a tent city that they forgot to mention in their mining claim application that was expedited due to being able to avoid an environmental impact study since they are doing so little there, like shipping the "ore" to Oklahoma and keeping less than 5 gal of gas on site (yeah, right...) If they intimidated you in any way, you should let Sheriff Baca in TorC know: neither smugglers nor miners nor treasure nuts own the public's land! That being said, its common courtesy to avoid active digs, especially if asked politely.

us
    Oct 2008
    No but he did threaten me and I don't take threats lightly. So I thought I would ask him if he had one of these which came off my claim in the Caballos Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0004.JPG 
Views:	145 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	722744 and of course he said no. But he did not even know what the bar was. So I just continued on to the Taggard mine

us
    Sep 2011
    T-2
    91 times
    Quote Originally Posted by purchase View Post
    I was up in the Caballo's a few weeks ago and I want to see the Doc Noss hole and I got met by One of the Brothers and he told me that I cold not go down and have a look at the hole because it was a private camp.
    One of the Brothers...as in compass and square

ring holder?

us
    Apr 2011
    Southeast New Mexico, Central Florida
    The Rose mine is about 200 miles from where you are talking about.You people really should do a little accurate research into this.I have lived around this area most of my life and have spent alot ot time in those mountians,The Doc Noss Gold is long gone. The goverment took it, They said they would check it out then let the Doc back in but when he returned all the gold was gone.
    Do you seriuosly think the goverment would leave it there for a citizen to claim? Hell no they ( like always) took all everything they could get their hands on.

us
    Sep 2008
    Bradenton Fl
    1 times
    where did anyone talk about "Rose Mine"
    "I have lived around this area most of my life and have spent alot ot time in those mountians" What mountains? Caballo or Victorio Peak?

sfloto

Feb 2013
    15 times
    This is a very interesting topic. A few thoughts.
    If I found a HUGE cache similar to this, I too would lie about its whereabouts, and maybe stash some findings at another location to be found later by someone else to encourage the story. Say blast the place shut and file claims fighting for it even. While taking the treasure from the real site under the radar.

I think a key to getting to the truth here is with the Noss family and their income. What kind of life did they live before the find, during the find, and after they lost the find? There children(not sure) or relatives now who would have been beneficiaries. Is there evidence of continued wealth through the next generation within the family. How much was originally taken, what was it worth, what did they do with it? Sell it at that days price? keep it stored?

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsors