Shenandoah PAGE COUNTY VA

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
GREAT info on the "Old Manse" in SHENANDOAH: A History of Our Town And Its People p. 5; 22 immense rooms, halls were 10 ft. wide, ceiling was 12 ft. high; BASEMENT had a 4 room apartment... where I suspect the $$$$$$$ was. The Apple Orchard in the rear (where YOUR house is) & the grounds "were beautifully planted & kept" (p. 5). NOW! There was 2 ways to bury bags of coin, etc in the olden days; 1) dig a hole for a tree, put bags of coin in, plant the tree and "mound" it... a MONEY TREE, HEH! 2) got a dried up well...? Have "slaves"/workers throw bags of coin into the dried up well, have "s"/w throw dirt into well to cover up bags to within 6' from the top, then kill "s"/w & throw bodies into the dried up well to "guard it" as SPIRITS/"GHOSTIES". Others "top off" well or plant a tree/mound it over to "mark it". BUT! DO NOT up-root trees looking for GOLD coins... "GHOSTIES" might get ya! LOL! Go to town library, make copies of pages you want; HH! Good Luck!

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Can't find my folder on "Old Jerusalem" in Shenandoah, Va.; a few walls are still standing, tho. THAT is a "treasure" for UNSOLVED MYSTERIES!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Can't find my folder on "Old Jerusalem" in Shenandoah, Va.; a few walls are still standing, tho. THAT is a "treasure" for UNSOLVED MYSTERIES!
UP-DATE: It was called "LITTLE JERUSALEM", the home of David Fenton "Fint" Roudabush (Jan. 22, 1870-Apr. 14, 1955) was there. "Google" Find A Grave Memorial: David Fenton "Fint" Roudabush; "Remembered.... for his building of the place known as 'Little Jerusalem', in Shenandoah, where he later resided."

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions