Beep and Dig VS TID

Do you prefer a detector that is just beep and dig, or do you prefer a target id screen?

• Total voters

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
If I'm nugget hunting then I don't care what size or shape the nugget is. The screen will NOT give me those details or tell me what year that silver coin is. I like a screen but I'm not excited about nickle, dime, quarter, nickle, dime, quarter reading on the screen.

redlined

Jan 15, 2006
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MXT,Excellerator 4.5x7,Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202
Target ID for me, if the VDI number is consistent with coins or other "target items", that's all I'm worried about. I know lots of guys dig every signal, I'm not one of them........

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like TID due to that I can simply open up the disc and dig everything... If I wanted to. :wink:

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Create your own test bed but just use one type of coin and bury them in a line 5, 6 , 7, inches deep up to a foot. Let it establish to become more like real life conditions.
Eventually run your machine along and see at what depth these good targets start to read as bad and realise just how many good targets you have ignore over the years.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your poll is flawed, you left off detectors that give you multiple tones to judge from and you left them off of poll, TID will mislead or lie to you at times too. I have screen, metered and non-metered......

OP
OP
cstraiton

cstraiton

Sep 29, 2009
Flatwoods, Kentucky
Good Point Treasure Hunter. I guess what I was really trying to figure out is how many people dig every signal vs who likes to have some idea of what it is before they dig. No matter if it's from a screen or from a tone.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am primiarly a water hunter, I have gotten nice diamond rings and gold rings on the beaches. if I get a good signal I dig it. In the water I am either using one of my two excal 1000s, or my water proofed sovereign gt. On land I use either my Whites 6000 XL PRO with analog meter, or my Sovereign GT with WOT coil, sometimes I use a meter with it.

goodtimecharlie

Aug 11, 2012
winfield,ks.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600-Tesoro Mojave-Tesoro Tiger Shark- TRX pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
At different times I use both, but I prefer the Tesoro Beep and Dig. It does take time to learn what the detector is telling you. There are differences in the sounds and you will know when to dig or pass it up. That being said I dig a lot, but I also find a good amount of gold. When I hunt with a TID I find myself listening to the sound and only looking at the meter after I have decided to dig.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread