Looking for others in the area

wvdigger

Greenie
Jun 11, 2013
I'm new to the site but have been detecting for about 7 months. I live in wood county and I'm looking for someone to detect with. I had an interview with a media company yesterday and they asked if I knew anyone in my area that was about the same age that shared my passion for detecting and I said I would check the forums for them. So not only am I looking for a hunting friend but a possible tv show partner. Anyone interested in detecting and tv shows can give me a shout.

smithna3

Feb 18, 2012
Williamstown WV
Detector(s) used
Garrett Atpro, Garrett Pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hello wvdigger , i live in boaz and hunt with two good friends. one lives in vienna and the other lives in medina. we have been at it for about a year and a half now. found some great things around town

OP
OP
W

wvdigger

Greenie
Jun 11, 2013
That's cool I used to work with a Neil smith that lives in boaz. Haven't seem him for a while since he went to work for DuPont. Yeah gimme a yell and we can hit the park or a school. I don't have a high dollar detector but I have a fisher f2 it finds does pretty decent. I used to work with a guy that lives in medina to his name was Kenny. Anyway have a good Father's Day.

smithna3

Feb 18, 2012
Williamstown WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's funny, I spell it with an A not a I. I also work at Dupont and work and metal detect with a guy named Kenny from Medina. LOL look at my username. Send Neal a friend request on facebook

OP
OP
W

wvdigger

Greenie
Jun 11, 2013
Ya I sure do know you. I used to be your boss lol. How you been doing man. And Kenny I haven't seen him since shortly after I was fired. And now who is the guy in Vienna.

smithna3

Feb 18, 2012
Williamstown WV
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good god Tony how are you. How did you find a metal detector with a shaft that long. The guy that lives in Vienna is a guy that works with use.kenny got on to DuPont last year. Would be fun to get together and do some hunting.

OP
OP
W

wvdigger

Greenie
Jun 11, 2013
They come stock with long enough shafts. Lol. I'm doing alright. Good to hear Kenny got on DuPont. Yes we need to get together and do some detecting. But since I don't have an at pro I get to hunt in front of you all. Lol

Kenny C

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2013
Jackson Co. WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They come stock with long enough shafts. Lol. I'm doing alright. Good to hear Kenny got on DuPont. Yes we need to get together and do some detecting. But since I don't have an at pro I get to hunt in front of you all. Lol

How have you been Tony, haven't seen you in a long time.

OP
OP
W

wvdigger

Greenie
Jun 11, 2013
Now that we are friends and all I will let you know that the Friendly metal detecting forums are much easier to navigate than this site. And the guys and gals on there are really good at letting you know what something is if you don't know already. Also what shift are you on. Are you working midnights tonight and tomorrow and off Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday

OP
OP
W

wvdigger

Greenie
Jun 11, 2013
Good Kenny really. I am unemployed for now but that's good too. Lol. I have more time to spend with the family. Congrats on the DuPont job it's been a long time coming for you.

Kenny C

Tenderfoot
Mar 7, 2013
Jackson Co. WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Platinum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still on c-shift yes we are on nights Neal and I break Tuesday morning. Are other detecting friend is on the same shift.

OP
OP
W

wvdigger

Greenie
Jun 11, 2013
I sent you a pm and neal so you all can text me. I don't hate this forum so I can stick around. Lol.

OP
OP
W

wvdigger

Greenie
Jun 11, 2013
K but don't be afraid to text me either. I am really glad to find you guys are into detecting too I have only been detecting for about 7 months but I have no body to detect with. I can't believe that you two are detectors also. I haven't found anything too great but some silver coins and a couple of rings and some old indian head pennies and buttons. But I don't have a lot of places to detect that aren't open to the public.

OP
OP
W

wvdigger

Greenie
Jun 11, 2013
I will be up late I figure with the kids being on summer break and all. By the way I am wvdigger on the other forum too

OP
OP
W

wvdigger

Greenie
Jun 11, 2013
It's an 1864 indian head penny. Then I have an 1886 and an 1894 indian head pennies. Oldest silver coin is 1926 standing liberty but it was change from the gas station. Lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions