double barrel gun with hammers

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
For an accurate value, you'll need an accurate ID.

Step one:  Post pictures in the "What Is It" Forum here so you can find out what it is with descriptions and measurements and close up pics.  

Directions for posting pics are available... http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,35706.msg244823.html#new

Step two:  Determine Value.

If you don't want to do that - I'll pay-pal ya' 25 bucks for it sight-unseen.  Lemme know!

OP
OP
B

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i will try to post a picture but it is not made to open up and put a shell in must be some way to load it through the barrel??????it has two barrels and two hammers triggers are broken off i will have to clean some to see name.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
bildon said:
i will try to post a picture but it is not made to open up and put a shell in must be some way to load it through the barrel??????it has two barrels and two hammers triggers are broken off i will have to clean some to see name.

Yea... take the needed time to clean it and don't be in a hurry.

If it has hammers it'll open to accept a shell - unless the hammers on the side of the barrels.

We will look forward to pictures... you'll figure it out.

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
Percussion shotgun. Popular until the mid 19th century when they were outmoded by breech loaders.

There is one at my local gunshop with both hammers and triggers and a wooden ramrod. One hammer doesn't work and it is $150. Very old.

OP
OP
B

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what part of it would have the name???

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
This is an unmarked percussion double barrel shotgun... your's may also well be unmarked.

That's why the pictures are so important.

16862.JPG

Here is another...

18087.jpg

OP
OP
B

bildon

Sep 15, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thats about what it looks like the hammers fire into a little hole on top of the barrel the hammers still work back and forth spring loaded but triggers are broken off try to clean it up a little very soon Thanks everyone

GL

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
South Central, NC
If it has marks they should be on the barrels close to where the hammers are and on the side plates where the hammers are.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread