All Treasure Hunting
theres 1 here in town i will see what they are asking :coffee2:

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok the 1 here is attached to a sword. $850 ???

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah said:
It looks like an old militia belt. It looks antebellum to me, and maybe well before the Civil War.

I do not know enough about them to speculate much further, but it looks old and for an officer.

You will need to shop that around with people whom know about esoteric pre Civil War militia items.

Plehbah is correct: it is a pre-war militia type--and it is great that the original belt is there too. :)

The person to ask is our resident "Expert" on these style of belts--which is tnet member kuger.

My gut reaction is that the buckle is 1850s era, and that it should be worth a couple hundred bucks with the original belt. Send kuger a PM with a link to this thread.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I would love to have that one in my collection!!!I found it as a Militia Sword Belt Plate Circa 1825!It is also listed as fairly rare.The example in Kerksis' book Figure 174 has a red leather belt.As for a price thats a tough one for me to call??Several hundred dollars just for the buckle. Thanks Buckles......I never look in this section was bored tonight!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
kuger said:
Man I would love to have that one in my collection!!!I found it as a Militia Sword Belt Plate Circa 1825!It is also listed as fairly rare.The example in Kerksis' book Figure 174 has a red leather belt.As for a price thats a tough one for me to call??Several hundred dollars just for the buckle. Thanks Buckles......I never look in this section was bored tonight!

I will always try to lead folks toward members who can help them. But I won't send the PM's for them. :wink:

Thanks for your input on this thread. I didn't realize the buckle was that early. But I am out of my element when we're talking about 1850s or 1870s buckles even. :D

Best Wishes,

BB

Unicorn

Nov 18, 2007
Birmingham
Primary Interest:
Other
I wonder what a complete S.S. nazi soldiers outfit would be worth. A friend of mine told me that her Father, a former soldier in WW11 had brought it back home after the War ended. It had been in his wardrobe ever since, and she is clearing out his things after his death

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
kuger said:

I will always try to lead folks toward members who can help them. But I won't send the PM's for them. :wink:

Thanks for your input on this thread. I didn't realize the buckle was that early. But I am out of my element when we're talking about 1850s or 1870s buckles even. :D

Best Wishes,

Yes you can lead a horse to water but you cant make him drink!!He might have tried to P.M. me I for some reason lost my ability o use that function on here.Yea I was surprised as well that it would date that early,I was thinking more 1860+.Always learning!!!!! :thumbsup:

BB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread