• IMG_3947.JPG
    IMG_3947.JPG
    416.3 KB · Views: 125

DnD

Aug 24, 2012
First Coast, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX, Nox800, Excal, Explorer, CZ, AT, Sea Hunter, DP Pulse & Diver, Surf PI, BHID, and BH
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
To the right buyer, any of those could bring a nice return on your investment. Especially, for someone who lost a stone and finds that you have the size/color they need. That's the positive side, but a more realistic side is the ones with inclusions that can only be seen under magnification, size 1-2mm can be bought at national chains like Jared and Kay for $10-15 each. My F/F discount is $4-8 each. A couple times a year forum members will scrap their gold and then sell baggies of the diamonds and get anywhere from $1-2 each.

If some of them are large enough, you may be able to sell them publicly on ebay or on a lapidary forum, especially if you pay to have them certified by a gemologist. Last time I had a stone done, it was $40 for full documentation, but perhaps a lapidary club might help you out. Heck, a lapidary club usually teaches classes in jewelry making so you might even be able make yourself a ring and use the stones!

I also have a few of those fossilized / opalized shells and appreciate their uniqueness. Again, to the right buyer, it could bring a few bucks. I don't remember exactly what I saw them going for, but I believe it was around $5 for the opalized look, and upwards of $25 for ones with a lot of fire to them. There's a little shop in the tourist area nearby that sells them, and next time I'm there I'll take a pic and post their prices.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread