COINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N_E_W_D_I_G_G_E_R

Jun 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
fisher f2 double d and standard 8 inch coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
now that snow is here and digging is postponed till spring lol , ive been doing some junk cleaning out in my house and helping my grandmother go through my dead grandfathers belongings we came across a huge sack of coins, a bag with over 100 half dollars from the the 60's to 70's, and a bunch of old wheaties and old dollars 14 to be exact all the same year my problem is finding values and ive randomley just picked a few that caught my eye any help with info or value would be graetly appreciated.

20131218_181112.jpg 20131218_180854.jpg 20131218_180903.jpg 20131218_181103.jpg 1883 dollar (ive got about 12 or so of them all same date
1926 1927 silver indian head nickels
1927 copper indian head nickel
1953 half dollar
1972 half dolar
1943 silver war nickel
1953 portugeese 50 (something lol

holeDiver

Dec 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello nice to meet you me my self I'm not sure about them but if you post them in coins the diggers an coin collectors there will definitely tell you every coin you have's value their a great help

Sent from my LGMS769 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

N_E_W_D_I_G_G_E_R

Jun 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got about 45 of those halfs lol
all same yr to

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
The side by side nickels are copper, not silver, but if the '26 has an 'S' mintmark (San Francisco) you have a semi-key (more valuable) dated coin. You may wish to check out Ebay for similar coin prices--based on quality.
Don....

roygpa

Mar 5, 2013
Pittsburgh, PA USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Sunray X-1, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+ Garrett AT-Pro, Fisher F5, Fisher F2, 2- Garrett Pro Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If they had belonged to my grand father, I would consider the value "priceless" and keep them in the family.

Just my opinion.

Roy

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best thing to do is a quick search on ebay on coins that are acutally selling..You can get a good idea of the worth

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Each coin would have to be evaluated on it's own based on year, mint mark, and condition. None of the coins you posted are particularly rare based on year and presumed condition (including the 1883 O dollar) You would need to post good close-ups of both sides of each coin for a better estimate. You may want to get a coin book to look them up yourself or find a web site with that info. Sounds like you might have too many of them to do it here.

OP
OP
N

N_E_W_D_I_G_G_E_R

Jun 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not silver?

The side by side nickels are copper, not silver, but if the '26 has an 'S' mintmark (San Francisco) you have a semi-key (more valuable) dated coin. You may wish to check out Ebay for similar coin prices--based on quality.
Don....

if they are copper then why are they silver in color? silver plated or ? ive never seen silver colored copper before, i dont mean to be an u knoww what i just dont know about coins im new to this still

bentdiggin

Dec 17, 2013
Central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Garrett ace 250
White's Spectrum xlt
Bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless you need a few bucks I would keep them in the family. Greatgrand kids will not have many chances to see let a lone touch these coins when they are sold. Just my opinion. Good luck.

coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep them!!!! Keep them all!!!! They all are pretty valuable and will be worth more later on. Just some advice from an amateur coin collector.

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a great find. Although, with the sentimental value, I wouldn't sell them.

Here is a coin book I got on Amazon that will show you how to value the coins.

Amazon.com: The Official 2014 Red Book - Guide to U.S. Coin Values - Spiral Bound: Everything Else

Most people have a tendency to embellish the quality. That is a path to disappointment when grading the quality too high. Of course, I have seen the same in practice at coin shops to inflate the value.

Congrats again. That is a great discovery.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread