Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Jun 2006

Religious Icon

Ok, hoping someone out there might be able to tell me the value on this item that I found. I know that its a Russian religious icon and that is 18th/19th century however I dont really know the true value on it. It is a fantastic peice and its the very best item I have EVER found. Really is beautiful, it really hit a excitement cord when this came up. If you have any information on value I would really appreciate your help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1093.JPG 
Views:	387 
Size:	140.7 KB 
ID:	144271   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1094.JPG 
Views:	381 
Size:	99.6 KB 
ID:	144272  

2. # ADS
    Ads

TreasureNet.com is the premier Treasure Hunting Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!

May 2008

Re: Religious Icon

Don't know anything about it but it sure is beautiful!! Maybe post it on whats it and see if any russian speaking folks know what it says or ask PBK that man can find out just about anything. Good luck! HH Tom

gb
    Nov 2008

Hi
    In Reply to your question, after looking at this icon i regret to tell you that this is one of many mass produced icons you can find all over Russia, so very little value, the type of Icons you find selling for thousands in auction houses such as Sothebys and Christies happen to be from the 8th 14th century and are painted on wood using Gold and special paints of the time, they dont come up often and when they do I can assure you they have probably been stolen from a church, i have read many news articles relating to stolen icons from monasteries in Greece, Cyprus.
    Hope this helps.
    Gooch

us
    Feb 2005
    MAINE
    Ace 250
    178 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Nice item ! Here is a link to some others -

http://russian.icon-art-gallery.com/...from=1&unto=47