Religious Icon

USMCRedHat

Tenderfoot
Jun 8, 2006
Ok, hoping someone out there might be able to tell me the value on this item that I found. I know that its a Russian religious icon and that is 18th/19th century however I dont really know the true value on it. It is a fantastic peice and its the very best item I have EVER found. Really is beautiful, it really hit a excitement cord when this came up. If you have any information on value I would really appreciate your help!

Attachments

• IMG_1093.JPG
    IMG_1093.JPG
    134.9 KB · Views: 462
  • IMG_1094.JPG
    IMG_1094.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 461

toolman61

May 31, 2008
Don't know anything about it but it sure is beautiful!! Maybe post it on whats it and see if any russian speaking folks know what it says or ask PBK that man can find out just about anything. Good luck! HH Tom

gooch

Nov 16, 2008
Hi
In Reply to your question, after looking at this icon i regret to tell you that this is one of many mass produced icons you can find all over Russia, so very little value, the type of Icons you find selling for thousands in auction houses such as Sothebys and Christies happen to be from the 8th 14th century and are painted on wood using Gold and special paints of the time, they dont come up often and when they do I can assure you they have probably been stolen from a church, i have read many news articles relating to stolen icons from monasteries in Greece, Cyprus.
Hope this helps.
Gooch

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions