1497 REPUBLIQUE FRANCAISE - PIASTRE DE COMMERCE - INDO-CHINE FRANCAISE .900 POIDS 27

Timeaxis

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2017
Alaska
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have this coin that was given to me to buy icecream from my icecream truck... I looked at it and knew right away it was silver so I offered the kiddo it's silver spot value of $20 And she happily accepted... I figured its worth at least it's silver value of 27 grams however after looking at the date and countless hours researching on Google for any history on this coin the only thing I can find is about a failed French invasion into Korea.. The interesting thing is Korean children were in possession of this and may have been an acquisition from the French who were slaughtered in this attempted conquest... Its in excellent condition and shows all the fine details... Anyone have any ideas about this coin? Again this is a 1497 Piastre.. There was one like it that was posted on Ebay but it was much more worn

OP
OP
T

Timeaxis

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2017
Alaska
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20170925_024909.jpg

OP
OP
T

Timeaxis

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2017
Alaska
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know... I looked at the fakes and they are very poor fakes.. This doesn't look like any of the fakes... I'm a really a sharp eye for detail and it looks the craftsmanship quality of a silver eagle

Kookiemonsta

May 6, 2013
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Minelab XTerra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Both date punches look.... off/fake to me. The "97" seems to have been tilted a bit and then the "14" looks to have been repunched over whatever was there originally.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions