Brick What???? - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    us
    Annmarie, better half of RonandAnn ;)

Jun 2006
    Virginia Beach
    Garrett Ace 250
    43 times

Re: Brick What????

If you can get to the local library, they should have the towns newpapers on microfilm. I would research the newspapers for that time period (yes, it is time consuming)...but you may find something on the recreation area, may even have photos. Ask the library if they have old photos somewhere of the rec park or if they know where in town, maybe the historical society. If you can find photos with that object in it, it would answer your questions. Not sure if the court house would hold any photos of the rec park, so try the historical society and/or library first.

Good luck!!!!
    HH, Annmarie
    Illustrator Draftsman Second Class, Enlisted Surface Warfare, U.S. Navy (Retired), Mom of 3, Troop 65 Committee Member, Genealogist 35+ yrs

gb
    Aug 2006
    essex, england
    25 times

Dig it...Inside and around the outside.

good luck dave.
    explorer and tesoro silver sabre   user

us
    Oct 2006
    Herndon Virginia
    Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
    8114 times
    Metal Detecting

To me it just doesn't look broken or destroyed - simply abandoned. Uniform height of the walls and lack of debris around it tell me that it was probably NOT any taller. I say "wishing pond" or Koi pond.

DCMatt
    "It's a long time between drinks."
    Attributed to John Motley Morehead
    Governor - North Carolina - 1843

um
    Feb 2007
    Please don't yell !
    10 times

Would anyone believe a cow bath, In early 1900s fairs quite often like todays fairs had livestock showing as a main attraction. But getting bessy down the road to the fair was a much different affair than it is today, and keeping her looking good as well as odor free was important not just for looks but to keep fly control down at the event.
    http://www.thegoldenolde.com

us
    Jul 2006
    Western PA
    Minelab Explorer SE With a plethora of coils
    1323 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)

Quote Originally Posted by DCMatt
    To me it just doesn't look broken or destroyed - simply abandoned. Uniform height of the walls and lack of debris around it tell me that it was probably NOT any taller. I say "wishing pond" or Koi pond.

DCMatt
    Maybe it had a wooden wishing well on it. Sounds like a nice gig that "wishing" well business, maybe I could build one in my front yard. Everyone can stop by and toss in their best finds and make a wish!
    Seek and Ye shall find, (not necessarily what You were looking for)

Jan 2007
    Houston,TX
    Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
    8 times

New information..................
    This was fairly close to what once was a small lake, not more than 300-400 feet away, and had an old broken concrete park bench not more than 20 feet from it also.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links