Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    us
    Oct 2006
    Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
    Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
    122 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)

I have a few what's it's for you all to ponder over because I have no clue

I posted the best finds I've had in a long time on todays finds. Here is a few things that I have no clue about. If you all can help I sure would appreciate it very much. That long piece is lead and looks like it has been melted on one end. That last pic is just some more goodies and the pic of the old key I broke trying to clean it. DANG IT ANYHOW!!!

Thanks a bunch. DANGLANGLEY
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2613.JPG 
Views:	696 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	5818   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2628.JPG 
Views:	694 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	123431   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2629.JPG 
Views:	696 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	123432   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2630.JPG 
Views:	690 
Size:	46.5 KB 
ID:	123433   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2613.JPG 
Views:	688 
Size:	37.0 KB 
ID:	123434  

Disclaimer: The views or opinions of this patient are not necessarily the same as those held by the owners or staff of this facility.
    He sometimes escapes his padded cell. If this patient is contacting you against your wishes please tell him to discontinue immediately.
    Signed, Dr. Ima Quack

us
    Feb 2006
    Albertville Alabama
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
    7 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

Re: I have a few what's it's for you all to ponder over because I have no clue

i dont know what the silver colored item in the second photo is but i have one too and if i am not mistaken Nana40 has one

us
    monty

Jan 2005
    Sand Springs, OK
    ACE 250, Garrett
    133 times
    Banner Finds (1)

That bone shaped thing reminds me of a tierod end. Possibly a lead bullet in the upper middle, once a cast hollow point but now squished? The other stuff, no idea. M nty

Since you won't think I am completely stupid, I do know what a penny is and a bleach bottle lid and a hinge and some of that other "junque". I only know because I find a lot of it! MB
    Don't make me loose the hounds! If you dig, Cover up your holes.

Mar 2006
    Idaho
    4 times

The lead bar may be what used to be used to "lead in" when customizing autos back in my day.

The upper left item on the last pic. with the oblong hole appears to be part of carburetor linkage. The oblong hole fit over a ball and it should of had a spring.

us
    Oct 2006
    Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
    Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
    122 times
    Honorable Mentions (2)

Did you all see the look on the face of the bullet, lol!!!
    Disclaimer: The views or opinions of this patient are not necessarily the same as those held by the owners or staff of this facility.
    He sometimes escapes his padded cell. If this patient is contacting you against your wishes please tell him to discontinue immediately.
    Signed, Dr. Ima Quack

us
    May 2005
    Maryland
    MXT
    32 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

I think the lead bar is for packing lead/cast iron plumbing joints.They were packed with a rope type wadding(forgot what they called it),then would pour molten lead and pack it tight to seal joints on cast iron pipes.Drain pipes.

Sep 2005
    Greenville NOrth Craolina
    1 times

They were packed with a old type of wading, Some used to be lead and asbestos. I believe

dugupfinds

The brass item in the top right picture with the hole in it - is part of a old barrel tap.

Nov 2004
    1 times

Wow! I don't know what that thing on the string is but I found one just like that the other day. I mean the string and everything is exactly the same. When I first saw it here I thought, how did he get my junk. Thats just a trip, H.H. RK

ca
    Feb 2007
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Garret AT Gold, Whites XLT,Tesoro Stingray ll,Whites Surfmaster ll
    64 times

Preaty sure the disc with the stars is a horses bridal rosette.And yeah the face on the bullit is a killer

Dec 2006
    Paquiwock
    6 senses

okeum-dont know if the spelling is correct but they used this to pack joints on cast iron pipe then pour in lead-also used for caulking on boats
    Privateer

us
    da book worm--researcher

Feb 2007
    callahan,fl
    delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
    3329 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)

the sliver thing looks kinda like old style squirrel call--- my gramps used it used to call squirrels ---they are curious critters and it made a squeaky noise. once they moved round to find the noise, (they thought it was another squirrel) they would give away their location---made em easy to find.

Charter Member
    us
    LET FREEDOM RING! WP

Nov 2006
    Where good deeds are performed daily
    Garrett Fortune Hunter, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
    8652 times

When I used to work at a bank, we would get bags of coins from other banks and they were sealed with string and a metal crimp. That's what I believe the one item is.
    Scott
    CAN YA DIG IT?
    Democracy: The only system where
    two idiots can out-vote one genius

us
    monty

Jan 2005
    Sand Springs, OK
    ACE 250, Garrett
    133 times
    Banner Finds (1)

I think the word for tht lead pipe packing was jute. Monty
    Don't make me loose the hounds! If you dig, Cover up your holes.

Dec 2005
    Pinehurst. Idaho
    Minelab SOVEREIGN XS-2a PRO
    3 times

I think you got it Daddy. I've had this one lying around for a few years and it definatly has been crimped. If it shows on the picture you can tell the crimp was made by a tool for that purpose.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	000_1558.JPG 
Views:	289 
Size:	154.9 KB 
ID:	124646  

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links