fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just got my DFX300 in the mail and I noticed with the D2 I cant get the PAG above 2 or the detector goes arratci. That seems to be near power lines. My question i: Is the D2 that sensitive? or is there something wrong with the machine? I rebooted it, took the battery out while it was on, and that didnt seem to do much. Still cant get the PAG above 2. The ac is set at 68.

Also, All you MXT300 or DFX300 owners, did you keep the super 12 that came with it? how often do you use it? Im thinking of trading the 12 inch for a 6X9 or 4X6 if possible.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the MXT so I don't have settings like yours but how high of a PAG can you get with the 300MM coil in the same place. The D2 being a DD coil will get more interference than the 300MM coil but don't think it would be a great difference. If so you might ask on the whites site more D2 people there probably. I was having overload problems with my 300MM coil so they replaced it with the D2 coil but haven't used it yet. I got the 950 coil while I sent in the 300MM coil and have the 4x6 coil if I was going to trade that coil I would get the 6x9 coil for sure, the 4x6 is great for trashy area's but it lacks a little depth. If your machine runs fine with the 300MM coil the machines ok but the coil might have a problem try it in an area away from powerlines and see what you get. Also the DFX is a 2 freq machine for near powerlines try running it on just 15kHz mode thats a better freq for powerline interference.

OP
OP
F

fmrUSMC_0844

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2008
Mormonville, AKA Salt Lake City, UT
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT Pro, Whites TDI, Keene A52, Calsluice, Gold Hog Piglet
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the reply wingmaster. I put the 12 inch on there and it seemed to calm down a little. Then i put it in 15kHz and it really seemed to calm down. There must be a lot of EMI in my backyare. Never noticed it with my MXT. But I also used the 4X6 on it too. Never tried the DFX in the back. Just got the DFX300 and that is the first time i tried it back there. Thanks

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread