Silver Surfer

Bronze Member
Oct 6, 2009
Florida- Somewhere in the middle
Detector(s) used
MXT 300/Excal II/Surf Dual Field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit the beach at Jax again yesterday.... I know I am setting it up right because I bury a few different coins and then "find" them to ascertain signals, etc... I have no problem hearing them, and the MXT is very accurate at identifying things.... BUT... Either it is very sensitive to pennies, I am a novice and need practice, people only go to the beach with pennies anymore, the beach is literally picked very clean, or a combination of the above..
I found another $0.52 in clad (17 pennies) and scores of bottle-tops (do people even KNOW what those blue containers scattered all over the place are for???).... Went for a drive south past all the huge and beautiful homes, and finally found another spot where the beach can be accessed.. Now I HAVE to go out to this place again.. Not a "refurbished" beach, the sand is only 4" deep and then hard-packed shell which, to me, should mean finds wont be deep... Only hunted for about 45 min and found two pennies and one OLD pull top.. The beach is very clean, not one bottle cap... I will post tomorrow what I find. Have about 4 hrs in the morning.

Sorry for the long post... Two in one I guess... :icon_scratch:

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I had an MXT I called it the, "penny machine". If there was a penny to be found I found it.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are runing the coin and beach mode, it will find other coins if they are there. Actually all modes should find the other coins too. Just make sure you can hear pull tabs as this is where many rings are found too.

ashleysflyr

Jan 2, 2008
Missouri
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S MXT (and man is she hot!)
johnnycat said:
When I had an MXT I called it the, "penny machine". If there was a penny to be found I found it.

That's funny...I call mine the "Barber" machine. If there is a Barber to be found, I find it.

~Tom

Wildcat

Oct 14, 2009
Queensland
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT 2 x Gold Snoops Whites Bullseye Pinpointer
You will find very little on a beach with hard packed sand as the items are easily spotted if dropped. Sad but true.
Tourist beaches are the best because they all wear their finery and are not as aware how easy it is to lose.
The locals always leave their jewellry at home if they go swimming.

The Cat

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread