Thankyou whites detectors.

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I have to write this because I just feel like I have been treated like a KING from whites costumer service.

I have read that whites CS was second to none but today I confirmed it.

I called whites to tell them that I had a problem with my 10x6DD, that I lived in costa rica, and that I needed to send them the coil and have it checked in a speedly way because with all the shipping times I would have been left with no coil for about 1 month.

I talked to a very kind lady called conny, she undestood my situation ad told me that what she could do is send me a brand NEW coil to my address in miami florida, and than as soon as I had the coil in my hands I could send them the damaged coil.

I asked her how much would this trade (Used for New) process cost me and she told me ZERO, nothing. I was speachless, she probably thought that I got brain damage after that because I just couldn't say anything more than "thank you".

Anyhow she took my information, address ecc.. she also was kind enough to tell me that they would double check the new coils performance since I live so far away, and that they will send me a confirmation email with a tracking number of the new coil....

Well there is very few words that can express what I feel..... I can just say

Thank you Whites detectors, and thank you conny for your kindness....
This makes me confirm that my decision to stick to whites detectors was the correct one.....

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep the take care of their customers, I've never had a problem with the couple bad coils I've had replaced as well thats why I've bought 4 different coils from white's for my detector and own a couple of the same ones two D2's and 950's.

albertv

Jun 7, 2010
Same experience with different things. White's is excellent at taking care of their customers.

knarf44

Sep 9, 2012
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
Home brew digging tool, Garrett Pro Pointer
Rapoo H6020 wireless headset and TS-BT35F01 BT transmitter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also had a similar great/super/terrific/wonderful experience with Whites service. I sent in my 6000Di Pro for a tune up and I could not have asked for better service. Bar non!
And yes I have a Tesoro machine I like very much and yes they offer great service and a life time warranty. But in this case Whites went way beyond my expectations!
THANK YOU WHITES!

pongo

May 6, 2009
NJ
Detector(s) used
Minelab,Whites
Whites is the best at taking care of their customers,I also was treated very fairly when I sent a detector in recently.

Other companies should use Whites as an example,I dread if I ever have to send in my Minelab!

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They were kind enough to send me a free arm cup after I managed to break the one on my Coinmaster. I feel bad though I had sent an e-mail and yesterday sent a follow-up e-mail requesting the part number. Got home and it was sitting in my mailbox.

Thanks a Million White's! :headbang:

Jim in PA

Greenie
Oct 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, DFX, M6; coils - 10DD, super 12, 10X12SEF, 6X10DD, 4X6DD, 950, 6DD...SpectraSound wireless headphones...Garrett Pro Pointer...Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah and not only do they ship you a new coil, they make sure to ship it so you get it in time for the weekend. Last week I called them about a bad coil on Thursday and had the new one delivered on Saturday morning (free of charge) all the way across the country. I didn't even mention that I wanted it for the weekend. Excellent customer service is how they roll over there at Whites..

bigtruck68

Jul 24, 2012
Pittsburgh,Pa
Detector(s) used
whites xlt * minelab sovereign xs * whites 6000 DI Pro * musketeer xs * xp deus* etrac*tesoro vaquero *
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I read these responses on how great whites service is I have to think that all your machines are new and still under warranty to talk so highly of whites.I have sent two whites machines in for service and I must say they were both repaired and worked properly when I got them back.now the other side of the coin is they were very expensive one cost me $125 and three weeks time and the other one was $75 for a machine that's not even worth that much. I also have sent my tesoros in for tune ups and there service is second to none. The first one cost me nothing and the other was $20 .I no longer use my whites and have sold all but one of them if it breaks it will be gone too. Tesoro for me now on.

Last edited:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've also always had very good service from White's on machines both in and out of warranty, in fact that is an understatement as they have always gone the extra mile with any of my requests or needs. They have always accomplished the repairs quickly and when I used a coupon for the repairs and the cost of the work was less than the value of the coupon they included a few extras in the return package to make up for the dollar amount difference. Super Nice Folks!
Go White's..........63bkpkr

knarf44

Sep 9, 2012
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
Home brew digging tool, Garrett Pro Pointer
Rapoo H6020 wireless headset and TS-BT35F01 BT transmitter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As I read these responses on how great whites service is I have to think that all your machines are new and still under warranty to talk so highly of whites.
Sorry my friend but my Whites 6000Di is 27 years old, just a bit out of warranty I would think. It is true they charged me for the repairs but in my opinion it was a very reasonable amount. $50.00 total plus shipping! Not to mention it now detects and IDs the coins in my test garden better than it did when I previously thought it was working just fine.

I like Tesoro detectors I've owned two and I still have one that I use almost as often as I do my Whites, but I think there lifetime warranty, although sweet for the consumer is coming back to haunt them.

Just my 2 cents.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do a head to head on them both to see what one is deeper because you could of got rid of a better detector and any finds you find should pay for any parts and labor...I thought white's had a limit on coast to fix a detector like no more than a 165.00 total.

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have nothing but good things to say about there customer service. i also have gotten two hundred dollars in whites bucks in the 4 years i have been detecting.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
White's are great On Service!!!! Red and I have Been to the Factory and Musuem twice Now!! Both time We Needed A road trip to Fix Coil Issues And Never Had A Problem Getting One replace that Was Defective!!! Eery on the is Great And Love to See you Finds!!! HH Chug

The Buzzard

Jun 19, 2012
la mirada
Detector(s) used
mine lab safari,mxt,whites dual pro for water,gold bug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whites repairs

Good job Connie at White's:occasion14:

Last edited:

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I sent my V3i which was out of warranty to whites and they repaired it free.. One month later it went haywire again and they told me to send it to them and they would repair it again for free. I agree with most of the other guys one here they do have great customer service..

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the customer service I have found at:

1. Minelab: Excellent. When I started to restore my second SD2000, I called and asked if they had any source for the metal emblems for the SD2000. They didn't have them anywhere in the United States, but she found some in Australia. She had the Australia Minelab HQ send me the emblems free of charge, and she also found me a couple of sets of end plate gaskets free as well.

2. Fist Texas(Fisher, Bounty Hunter, Teknetics): Excellent. I had an issue with one of my Two-Box Detectors. Been out of warranty for several years. Fixed for free.

3. Whites: Excellent. I had just bought my old White's GM4B. Sent it to White's. After speaking to the lady on the phone, I told her I was also restoring an old White's V/Sat, and the case was all screwed up. I asked if they had a .pdf or something for silkscreening the control text. When I got the detector back, not only was it tuned up, they found the factory concentric coil was not performing well, so they put on a new "DD" Coil free of charge. I also found an Easter Egg in the box. They threw in a BRAND NEW Case for a V/Sat! She said they found it in a bin and she remembered me talking about restoring a V/Sat and included it in the box free of charge.

I think a lot of times how you are treated (what they will do FOR you), is directly proportionate to how you treat them. Every once in a while, I get the occasional bad attitude, but I generally find most people will go out of their way for you if you come correctly.

Mike

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great experiences as well, had a 10d2 coil go bad, no problem, new one in the mail a couple of days later. No charge, and Mary was very helpful for that and when she walked me through the master reset on my V3i, took all of three minutes from the time I dialed her up, to the time we were finished with the reset....great people there.

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The screen on my White's XLT had a line going though it so, since it's the off season, I sent it back to Sweet Home. I included a note to give the machine a complete overhaul. They received the machine, went through it and called me with a $97 estimate. That price included an upgraded DFX screen, new headphone jack, replaced the battery contacts, replace the coil connector, and a few other things. I approved the repairs and then they asked "would you like anything else before we ship it back". I was surprised by the question and asked what that meant. They said if I wanted, they would upgrade the older rainbow coil to the new 950 concentric for $25. Boy was I excited, Great! They also offered a new set of ProStar headphones to replace my duct tape ones for...you guessed it...$25. I was starting to catch on now so I said I could also use a back up battery pack and a new coil cover for the 950. "Okay, we'll send those for free." Yes, I'd have to say White's customer service is tops! Tt

Last edited:

Clay Slayer

Jan 4, 2011
Cajun Country
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, I wish I could say my first experience with their customer service was great...but I can't seem to get them to return my calls. I emailed them a couple of weeks ago to see if I could purchase a new pair of controller box decals for my MXT (current ones are in really rough shape and are halfway peeled off). I got an email back from a lady in customer service a couple of days later asking me to give her a call and they would see what they could do. Well, I called four or five times over a period of a few days and every time they transferred me to CS I always got a recording. I left messages for two different people in customer service, but neither returned my call (I was very polite). I replied back to their original email saying I couldn't get a hold of anyone in customer service, and never heard from them again. Since then, I've just moved on and I'm not worried about the decals anymore.

I know it wasn't an urgent matter, just a couple of decals, but it didn't leave me with a very good first good impression in case I ever did have to call them about something important...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread