THE GMT?

jackragusa

Greenie
Nov 13, 2010
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have a gmt and love it when I am prospecting especially with the small dd coil. Works perfectly. Now, I am experimenting with it on the beach and it's like a sick dog. It dont hunt! It sounds off on every little piece of foil and metal the same as any denomination of coin or even bottle cap. So am I to understand that I have to just leave my gmt for prospecting and should start thinking of buying a different model for treasure hunting and beach play? Or, Am I doing something wrong. So far my only finds on the beach or in the parks are trash ( lots of it ). So I cant even tell you if it sounds off for coins or jewelry considering my mass amount of not so good luck to date..... I will pick up a better machine if you think that that's the path I should take. Thanks for all your help...Jack

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold machines are made for finding gold. I used to try using my goldmaster for coins and jewelry and it drove me nuts so I picked up an MXT. Keep the GMT for the gold fields and find a dedicated machine for C&J hunting.

HH
Steve

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Pick up a MXT and sell the GMT.. the mxt can prospect as well (not exactly well like the GMT but very close). Or buy a V3i and get the best of the best. You can prospect or coinshoot like the best detectors out there with just one detector.

OP
OP
J

jackragusa

Greenie
Nov 13, 2010
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I do like the VX3 and was concidering getting one . Thanks for the ideas. My gmt wont ever get sold or loaned out. It's fully paid for many times over. It 's probably going to help me fund my next white's.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never sell any of my detectors. If they out lived they're usefulness I drop them over the side of the boat instead of some dude claiming I sold him a POS. Your GMT is very sensitive with more gain than necessary for coins & Jewelry. Lay a pull tab on the sand and adjust disc to just below pull tab so it still sounds off. You won't be able to hunt the wet sand but should do OK in the dry.

For the wet sand and water your better off with a water machine like a CZ-21 or Excal. If not going in the water the best you can get is the SOV GT.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread