All Treasure Hunting

The Silver Pirate

Nov 27, 2011
Ridgeland, MS
Detector(s) used
Whites IDX, DFX, XLT, Whites Prizm IV, Tesoro DeLeon, Tesoro Outlaw
Primary Interest:
Other
Not exactly a beginner machine, but buy it anyway. Those sell on eBay for $400-$500

dnewbury2

Mar 20, 2004
Cherokee, AL, Occupied C.S.A.
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, Tesoro Golden Sabre and Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buy it! That's a great price and they can be used by a beginner by using the preset programs and as you learn you can start making custom programs. It will be all the detector you need for several years because the additional features that you would have to buy a new detector to get are already there when you are ready.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Buy it! That's a great price and they can be used by a beginner by using the preset programs and as you learn you can start making custom programs. It will be all the detector you need for several years because the additional features that you would have to buy a new detector to get are already there when you are ready.
Yes that is a great price buy it… As for a beginner detector they are all beginner detectors no matter what brand or model you buy when you use the factory presets …. I have been in this for 40 years give or take and at times i still hunt in factory presets they work at times better than custom programs..

GroundSnooper

Mar 10, 2007
St. Paris, Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, MXT, GMT. Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
XLT was my first detector 10 years ago, I have found several hundreds of dollars in change with it and the wife still uses it today! $100 is a super buy even if you have to send it in to be serviced.

OP
OP
P

pewterandred

Tenderfoot
Nov 1, 2014
Land O Lakes, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well all, I thank you for the responses. However, when I went down (it's only about 8 houses from me) to get it, it was sold. Hmmph. Now I really have to start from ground zero. Any suggestions on a new one that is decent, but easy on the wallet?

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well all, I thank you for the responses. However, when I went down (it's only about 8 houses from me) to get it, it was sold. Hmmph. Now I really have to start from ground zero. Any suggestions on a new one that is decent, but easy on the wallet?
Yes you see a deal like that you do not think twice you just grab it ..

GroundSnooper

Mar 10, 2007
St. Paris, Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, MXT, GMT. Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great price on any metal detector. I am not familiar with RS detectors but assume it is a bare bones detector but that can be a big plus. Modern detectors guide you to what is in the ground before you dig, therefore you may choose not to dig thinking it is trash and therefore miss a valuable item. A generic detector just tells you there is metal so you will dig it up to see what it is. Guaranteed you will find more items than those select digging. :) . Won't be long and you will upgrade though. Lol have fun and happy hunting!

OP
OP
P

pewterandred

Tenderfoot
Nov 1, 2014
Land O Lakes, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is what I can find about it. Thank you, and I will be sure to post my first find with it!

rs2000.jpg

"63-3007 Discovery 2000

Identical to the Lone Star.
Similar to BH Quick Draw II, except without Depth readout."
Borrowed that from whiteriverprep.com

dp4349

Jun 7, 2012
Fort Smith, AR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, WS4, 11' Standard
Coil & Whites XLT E-Series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an XLT and a V3i. I still use the XLT ocassionally. if the tone is clean and smooth start digging; after time start making small adjustments and learning the machine

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

texjim

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2009
schuylkill county pa.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites xlt,vx3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The XLT was my first machine. That is an awesome price and a good machine. If there is a problem with it Whites will take good care of you. Good luck

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I no a guy who cleaned out a swimming hole all I found was a dime and a penny there. I was talking to him and the place came up nothing was safe down to about a foot the dirty bum said. the tdi pro is going their this spring. i had the surf master ll there first target was 1944 penny then the dime and penny as i think about it now...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread