Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah did you look at the date on the original post it was awhile back aug 6 2016? People flocking to a machine which had a bad release and defending a company that released it. beats all ive ever seen. Go over to the other forum which I cant name and see if you can find the video under the theard is it time to buy a mx sport. You will see a video of a man air testing a new machine with a quarter he starts at 11 inchs and goes down to 3 inchs or so but at about 6-7 inchs the machine blanks on the quarter it has a blind spot in the detection field around 6-7 inchs. tboykin the whites media guy said the coil windings must have got jarred during shipping. thats really lame. I dont have a whites and have never used a whites ,I did almost buy a mx sport when they were released but passed glad I did. Whites has alot of loyal followers from what I can see maybe based on the past performance of whites , but ill never buy from them for one reason only because of the release of the mx sport.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I got my wires crossed up somewhere the sales I was talking about was aug the 6 2016 when the face plate cracks showed up . How did this thread come back to life anyway oh yeah a guy was thinking about buying one.

Last edited:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MX Sport production and sales have once again resumed; the firmware has been updated again and faceplate crack issue resolved. One of my customers was the first to report some of the issues found on the earlier models... it took too much time but White's was able to get his machine running great and to his satisfaction with the latest updates. Hopefully the problems are behind us with this detector, as it has a ton of potential. :)

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The MX Sport production and sales have once again resumed; the firmware has been updated again and faceplate crack issue resolved. One of my customers was the first to report some of the issues found on the earlier models... it took too much time but White's was able to get his machine running great and to his satisfaction with the latest updates. Hopefully the problems are behind us with this detector, as it has a ton of potential. :)

How long has it been? I know that I'd be awfully hesitant to recommend it to my buddy at this point, without first seeing a substantial track record.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
Well I own an old dfx, still a great machine but I use the etrac now. As far as Whites I would buy the mx sport if they would stand by fixing any issues, and they do. Toyota had issues a couple of years back with their autos, and that is one of the most dependable automakers known. As long as they stand by their product and the product they put out interests you, I say go for it.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

migrider56

Mar 1, 2013
Copperas Cove, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX3030,Minelab xterra 705, Excalibur 1000, Excalibur ii 1000, Garrett GTI 2000, Garrett Ace 250, Whites DFX, V3I, Mx sport
Corrected the date of call to whites it was 12-06-2016!

Last edited:

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How long has it been? I know that I'd be awfully hesitant to recommend it to my buddy at this point, without first seeing a substantial track record.
It has been about two months now for him, and has been smooth sailing since the last update.

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is it safe to say that the MX Sport is working as advertised at this point..

I'm seriously considering one; primarily because it's waterproof, in my price range and not interested in the AT Pro..

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I purchased my MX Sport new on November 8th 2016. It has the updated firmware and has been underwater for more than an hour several times. No problem! Hope this helps. Tt

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I purchased my MX Sport new on November 8th 2016. It has the updated firmware and has been underwater for more than an hour several times. No problem! Hope this helps. Tt

Thanks.. I have no experience with whites; I was mainly just looking for a second machine for rainy days and came across the MX Sport. Looks like a nice rig with overall good reviews.

Danny..

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MX Sport is the White's MXT Pro in a waterproof package, with a few minor changes. I suggest you print out both White's owners manuals (MXT and the MX Sport). Study them carefully and watch both machines on YouTube. White's machines aren't for everyone, but they're built like tanks and I really like the way they ID targets. The target ID helps me in the dig/don't dig decision making process. Hope this helps, Tt

Last edited:

Wayfarer

Dec 7, 2005
Western Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's: V3i, MXT, XL Pro
(In the past: White's: VX3, DFX, XLT, 6000 Di Pro SL, Coinmaster 2DB --- Minelab CTX 3030, Equinox 800)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hear guys say the MX Sport is way deeper than the old MXT. If that's true then how can it be just a MXT in a waterproof package? Actually I tend to believe you are right, and that these guys are suffering from Placebo effect. :laughing7:
My MXT and MXT all-pro are as deep as my V3i and CTX, so I find it hard to believe the MX Sport is deeper than them all.
still a waterproof MXT would be an awesome machine.

Deft Tones

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2016
Hawkeye State - Area 515
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XP Deus, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro, Whites TRX (2), Predator Raven, Predator Raptor, Lesche Sampson
Primary Interest:
Other
Is the OP even interested in a Whites machine?

Hmmmm.... :icon_scratch:

OP, you looking at a MXSport, or what? Post #6 seems almost, but not quite convincing. Post #21 looks revealing how you really felt back in your original post #1.

You're a funny guy!:laughing9::happysmiley::sadsmiley:

DannyB.

Jan 20, 2015
Washington/Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Silver UMax
Fisher 1265x
Fisher F75 SE LTD
Bounty Hunter LRP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The MX Sport is the White's MXT Pro in a waterproof package, with a few minor changes. I suggest you print out both White's owners manuals (MXT and the MX Sport). Study them carefully and watch both machines on YouTube. White's machines aren't for everyone, but they're built like tanks and I really like the way they ID targets. The target ID helps me in the dig/don't dig decision making process. Hope this helps, Tt

I've been watching the vids.. they are a little limited do to the age of the machine. I see quite a few all metal tests; I rarely hunt all metal I don't like to hear the constant buzz.

Is your machine relatively stable in the disc modes? I own the f75 so I'm not a stranger to some EMI.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread