whites has suspended sales of the mx sport

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh dear..

Attachments

• whaaa.jpg
    whaaa.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 202

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems all have got the information except the dealers who still have them for sale.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
No news of that at the White's site or White's forum....... Where do you people get your info???:dontknow:

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is the letter from Whites concerning the MX Sport ;

"We deeply regret that the some of the MX Sports we have manufactured since launch in February have not been the quality products you expect from White's.

After the initial customer feedback on the MX Sport, we took immediate action to improve its performance. But the way we handled the firmware updates was confusing, and we're taking action to make sure it never happens again. Recently, we noticed a few machines that had random cracks on the corners of the faceplates, and quickly made the call to put MX Sport production on hold in order to protect you and our customers from even more grief. We have all hands on deck right now and are working to solve the problem.

We apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you and your customers. We truly believe in this product- and we are 100% committed to making this right. This is our highest priority. As soon as we have thoroughly tested and verified the solution for the faceplate issue, we will notify dealers and registered MX Sport owners.

Sincerely,

White's Electronics"

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No news of that at the White's site or White's forum....... Where do you people get your info???:dontknow:

Tboykin the official public relations guy for white look him up and ask him . Thats his name on the forums I pm him on another forum and asked him and he sent me a pm back and said yes they were stopping SALES now if he meant production I dont know but he said sales so I will let you guys have it from here. BTW you can still buy a NEW BROKE MACHINE thats great. HMM lets see they stopped production because they had a FEW faulty machines seems fishy to me. I almost bought one and I would have been without a detector I mean I almost pulled the trigger on one when they first came out .IM not rich so I would have just been out of luck hunting for who knows how long? In the prime of the hunting season. I wonder how many actually did buy it and where down and had no back up detector. Shame on a company that puts a product out like that we dont put up with that anywhere else when we buy stuff why put up with it in our hobby? I really dont have a dog in this fight so I said my peace about it.

Last edited:

sycotoad

Jul 7, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems all have got the information except the dealers who still have them for sale.

has there been a public announcement on this BW? - oh no, its OK as its only a FEW & SOME units - hardly worth ppl complaining about them :icon_thumright:

Last edited:

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
has there been a public announcement on this BW? - oh no, its OK as its only a FEW & SOME units - hardly worth ppl complaining about them :icon_thumright:

Sorry about bumping this thread, but a friend/neighbor told me he was thinking about getting the MX Sport, and I said I'd do some research for him. What I saw here and elsewhere does NOT look good.

Does anybody know if this is a solved problem, a non-problem overblown by a few on the internet, or a continuing problem?
Has White's customer service on this hurt their reputation in the community at all?
Would you recommend any other White's machines to a friend/relative?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If their not wanting a water unit, I tell them to get a MXT and learn it well. In the right hands it's every bit as deep as the V3i or the E-trac or any of the high end detectors. HH
Sorry about bumping this thread, but a friend/neighbor told me he was thinking about getting the MX Sport, and I said I'd do some research for him. What I saw here and elsewhere does NOT look good.

Does anybody know if this is a solved problem, a non-problem overblown by a few on the internet, or a continuing problem?
Has White's customer service on this hurt their reputation in the community at all?

Iron Buzz

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2016
South St Paul, MN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well, to be honest, I'm not trying to steer them to anything. I tried to steer him away when I saw the reports. But apparently you still feel that White's is a viable company to do business with, at any rate. After reading about this MX Sport fiasco, I wasn't so sure anybody here would recommend them.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There have been issues with MXSport, but White's will treat you right!

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I got mine a few months back, right around when this thread started maybe a little sooner.
didn't do research, after I made the purchase I started reading the negative stuff. i was concerned, but they were saying revised, improved units were made since this negative publicity, and I was assured [by the dealer] that I was getting a new revised unit without the problems of the old, unrevised unit.

Took it in the water and it died within 10 minutes. I'm a water guy and no way was I going to treat it with caution and stay out of the water, I did and it quickly fried.
Far as I know, situation is still the same, I would be hard pressed to recommend this machine, but sure Whites other units are reliable and they have good service. Got a refund on mine, but took a $60 loss on the custom waterproof headphones that I bought for it.

migrider56

Mar 1, 2013
Copperas Cove, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX3030,Minelab xterra 705, Excalibur 1000, Excalibur ii 1000, Garrett GTI 2000, Garrett Ace 250, Whites DFX, V3I, Mx sport
Back on sale 09-2016 they found problem and started back production. Just got mine back from Whites with new face plate and updated software in beginning part of November 2016.

Last edited:

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
UUmmm, that don't sound like a letter written by anyone from Whites.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MXT is hard to beat especially for the price and is built like a tank which is nice if you want to detect in the deep woods, it can take some rough area's and with the metal box you don't have to worry too much. HH
Well, to be honest, I'm not trying to steer them to anything. I tried to steer him away when I saw the reports. But apparently you still feel that White's is a viable company to do business with, at any rate. After reading about this MX Sport fiasco, I wasn't so sure anybody here would recommend them.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I hav e an MXT ALL PRO and love this detector. It is a great relic hunter. I have both the 10' DD coil and the 4x6 shooter coil. It does well in our red Georgia clay and heavily mineralized soil.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I have a dfx and I have the Garrett carrot, but I need a waterproof detector. I like the videos i have seen on the mx sport. I just wonder if the issues are fixed..

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

migrider56

Mar 1, 2013
Copperas Cove, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX3030,Minelab xterra 705, Excalibur 1000, Excalibur ii 1000, Garrett GTI 2000, Garrett Ace 250, Whites DFX, V3I, Mx sport
I called Whites Electronics on 12-06-2016 and was told that the mx sport was not suspended is in production and currently for sale.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread