Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Review of my new Toy!

With only about a hour of use so far I will say I do like this device.
It started out not so good but that's what happens when you play with the unit in the house.

It is light, easy to swing and I love the display on it. The back light rocks at night! I know cause I was using it last night at 9:45!

Super easy to nav through the menus and change settings. Right on the fly you can change the discrimination and sensitivity... literally while you are swinging it! With 4 main modes you could just toggle between 2 of them and never really worry about anything.

Me, I love to play with things so I was in every menu, adjusting all the settings, checking out what this did and that did and when it got crazy, press a button to reset! SWEET!

The auto ground balance is something all machines should have. This one can lock on the initial balance or keep adjusting as you swing. Great feature.

So I am very happy with my new toy and look forward to swinging, upgrading, buying more, trading coils and all the fun stuff you get from detecting.

bobclouser

Oct 20, 2016
Lunenburg, MA
Detector(s) used
White's TreasurePro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I bought a White's TreasurePro back in June, as an upgrade from their Coinmaster, which served me well. First time I had it out was July4 in my backyard. Not 15 mins out, I found a silver Roosey! I was happy as a clam!! I'm still learning the machine though. More bells and whistles than the Coinmaster.

How are you faring with yours?

tstocka

May 24, 2017
Sagamore Hills, OH
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
White's Treasure Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found my first silver of the year (silver Rosie) within a few minutes of my first hunt with the machine. Lots of features for an entry-level machine + it's super light and a pleasure to swing. Love the fact it only requires 2 AA batteries.

Aug 3, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In the $300-$400 price range I believe the Treasure Pro is the best detector made. At 8 kHz it should be a real coin magnet.

Whites TREASUREpro Highlights:

10" DD Water Proof Search Coil
16 Segment Discrimination
5 Search Modes
8 Audio Tones
8 Target ID Segments
Back Lite Display Screen
Adjustable Arm Rest
Adjustable Discrimination
Adjustable Threshold Volume
All-Metal Operation
Automatic Ground Balance with AutoTrac®
Beach Mode
Big Bold VDI numbers
Complete Versatility
Full Two-year Warranty
Lightweight Pinpoint Mode
Audio Threshold
Turn-on-and-go
Simplicity Volume Control
Weather Resistant

There are a lot of high end White's features in this machine!
JMHO :)
Tt

@Twinkletoes,

kindly suggest one for me my requirements

1) gold coin detection
2) buried gold (Jewellery)
3) Depth 10 feet
4) Can show target with actual depth
5) Price $1200.00

want for Indian soil condition

Thanks

Boot jack

Tenderfoot
Aug 18, 2017
Washington State
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Whites coinmaster
Whites treasure master
Whites QXT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have the treasure master and love it. I think the pro is even better.

JDA

Mar 30, 2013
Minesota
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the treasure pro works very well I switch off with the vx3 when I need. A lighter machine but both do a great job lots of coins some small Roman 2 69 cal to scout camp it's a great hobby image.jpeg image.jpeg

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
The Teknetics G2+ is now on sale for only $449! It was $699 so I paid $439 for a used one about a week before they lowered the price. It IDs a dime perfectly at 10" with stock coil in air, and some say it does that in their soil. Operates at 19 KHz I think. The all metal seems to be trying to ID but in or near the house EMI makes it read way too low. It detected a nickel in air test at 14" in all metal in house but the ID was down to 5-10. Very lightweight and easy to use with super accurate ID in disc.

Last edited:

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Treasure Pro is an excellent detector. I have been back into detecting for about a month after a rest due to health conditions. I bought a Fisher F70 and was very disappointed in it. I am a Whites guy and always will be I guess. I sent the f70 back today and have a new Treasure Pro shipping out on Monday. I had a Treasure Pro prior to taking my sabbatical and it performed very well. So many features that I missed on the F70 that the TP gives you at a cheaper price. I love the tracking, backlight, threshold and the performance that I got from the Treasure Pro. I know the F70 is a good machine but not for me. Glad to be back to a Whites machine !!!!

flaboy

Nov 1, 2018
palatka florida
Detector(s) used
whites treasure pro. tecnedix delta 4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am on a pretty tight budget love the whites machines have owned a few bought the treasure pro a few months ago first time out found a seated dime at 6 inches not the best out there but find lots with it batteries last a good 20hrs light weight easy to use I have fun with mine when I have time good luck if you are looking for a decent machine at at fair price i like the tp

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread