How Long Do Rechargeable Battery Packs Last?

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't used the White's rechargeable packs as I believe they start out lower voltage than using the AA batteries, I've thought about using some powergenix rechargeable AA batteries as they run at 1.6 volts. The MXT will handle the extra voltage just fine, I change my batteries when at start up it shows 10 volts and thats because after running for a few minutes it could drop below the initial turn on voltage shown on the screen. I notice a drop in depth at anything below 10 volts, some people use those packs but it would take me long to want to change them out since your going to be below 12 at start up. Love my MXT as well. HH

OP
OP
tabman

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the info! There's not a lot of information out there about the chargers and batteries. I noticed that my MXT Pro was acting wacko before I got the low battery warning. I have both the Ni-Cad battery pack and the AA battery holder. I use the rechargeable batteries in the battery holder and I have a La-Cross smart charger for them, but I'm not sure about how long to charge the Ni-Cad battery pack. It just has the over night and fast charge options.

tabman

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Tabman,

I use the RnB battery packs for my Garrett, Minelab and Whites detectors! They are absolutely fantastic for lasting long and recharging fast.

In my Artifact Recovery Business I run my detectors for 8 - 10+ hours a day with no problems; they are rated for 30+ hours of run time between charges, but I charge after each use.

Regards,

Doc

MackDog

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2013
Spokane Wa
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro, 8 x11" and Nel Storm coils
Garrett Propointer er, Pro Pointer AT
White's V3i Standard, 10" DD, 13" Ultimate and 4 x6" sniper, 6 x10 coils, Drect 12 x 15 coil
Whites MX Sport With Detec
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The battery packs have a lower starting voltage but last just as long as the regular batteries'. The machines are designed to run at a certain voltage range as long as it's in that range they will work fine. The battery packs are designed to provide a longer time in that range.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I notice a drop in depth once the voltage gets below 10 volts and also a noticeable drop in volume of tone, that is why I change my batteries if it shows 10v at startup and I change them at 10v at startup because it can quickly drop below 10v once you have power draw for a few minutes. HH
The battery packs have a lower starting voltage but last just as long as the regular batteries'. The machines are designed to run at a certain voltage range as long as it's in that range they will work fine. The battery packs are designed to provide a longer time in that range.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread