Quantum II

john845

Dec 26, 2017
Newburgh ny
Detector(s) used
Whites Class III SL. Spectrum xlt Tesoro Vaquero Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a used quantum II for sale near me for 200 it comes with two coils. I currently owe a a classic 3 SL and a teknetics delta 4000. I was think about selling the teknetics and buying the quantum. I mostly look for coin or relics. I bought the the classic new back around 2000 and have been very happy with it. Correct if I'm wrong I believe the coils n the whites are interchangeable. I always like the quality of my whites and think they are a great company. Is this a good decision or a mistake?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, the quantum takes me back a few years! I had the 2 and XT. The Qs were great detectors but IIRC there were a lot of quality control issues with them. It seems you either got a great machine or else it would crash on you in a year or two. If that Q2 is still kicking, I think you'll be very happy with it.

one arm willy

Oct 15, 2014
North west Pa
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the classics take 6b coils. The quantums use blue max coils. Whites use to update the quantum 2 so it was the same as a qxt or qxt pro. If it says v1.1 on screen it hasn't been updated. If it says v 1.2 it has. I have qxt I still use sometimes. Depending on condition & coils I think $200 is on high side.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread