Hunting after a hurricane or tropical storm?

mary51shawn

Aug 4, 2008
Dallas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
First off, I'm new here so, hi! Ok, now that thats out of the way : ) Do any of you try to go MDing after a storm of some sort? I am taking my family on vacation (Crystal beach, Texas) this weekend and today the tropical storm just hit so I was thinking this would probably be a good time to go. We are beginners and are using a bounty hunter. We just bought it a few weeks ago and haven't really got to play much (except in the local sand at the volleyball courts, youd be surprised and how much change people loose lol) so I am really looking forward to the beach! Do you have any great finds after a storm?

Shaw

Mar 16, 2008
Houston Area
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Vibraprobe 570, My Melon
There are some people on here that usually head down after the storms and tidal surges.

I was talking to just-geese (another tx local) and he mentioned that once the tidal surge has receded that it will pull thing out from the dunes.

I know that a lot of things wash up from the deeper guts and sandbars.

Good luck and enjoy the coast.

jimb

Feb 22, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! After a storm is a grate time to go detecting. Even on dry land B/C you get a better signal from the buried object when it is damp, and the ground around it is oxidized and expands the signal.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread