Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today was too nice of a day to stay inside. I started at 8am and hunted till noon. All of these finds were just lying on top of the ground or just partially buried. I walked around the whole site, it is huge, like atleast the size of a city block!!! I bet there is a lot of older stuff, I can't wait to start diggin!!! Here is what I found. LOL - I had over 25 min of video that I had to widdle down to fit on youtube so that is always a pain. here is my finds.

3277472853_76e2bbf30f_o.jpg

3277472877_557806126b_o.jpg

3277472913_4817915240_o.jpg

3277472951_7c9b0df0bc_o.jpg

3278294156_bd2f9fa1cc_o.jpg

3277472825_bbcaf6a42e_o.jpg

3278294302_3cff7683d3_o.jpg

3278294384_28bff1da5e_o.jpg

3277473039_bc12c3f893_o.jpg

3277472999_1b18c6f1d8_o.jpg

3277473091_ab2a638525_o.jpg

3277473117_fe55cb1484_o.jpg

3278294348_9afbd85714_o.jpg

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Sweet site Fiend! Hope to get out there one of these days!

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Great video :thumbsup: Those bottles are wonderful!

I had no idea that place was so huge. If you ever need help ::) in excavating
that spot, let us know. . . I'll bet you could sell 20'x20' claims and retire :D

Take care bud!
Mark

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
What a cool spot!! Great finds! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I found an intact Dr. Ellis Waving Fluid bottle near an old RR right of way in a grove by us. It was a little different style in that it said "Dip the comb" but didn't have a pic of the comb. Your's is older for sure.

Thanks for the video! :wink:

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
N I C E V I D E O TF.............That last Aqua color glass thing in your video,is an insulator....Found usually around Train,& Phone lines..........There is a big collectors market for them,even on E-Bay, when found in unbroken condition.......Always enjoy watching your videos.........
B. T. W. ...........I have tried to shoot video,and pics with my cell phone,and even @ 2 MP they come out crummy.........I have a Great Panasonic 5 MP Camera that shoots great Macro close ups,and has a 10x optical zoom,but is WAY too bulky to carry around while searching.... What kind of equipment do you use to shoot your videos and pics? Also do you use some kind of devise to hold it ? Thanks Dave

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In your video you kept saying something to the effect, "If I don't fall in". Was it on a steep ravine or what were you afraid of falling into? Those are some neat bottles. That dump was a great find. Almost looks like a beauty shop or pharmacy dumped them there? Monty

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS
There certainly were a lot more than we could see when the snow covered the ground! Cool video.

Joe

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
McEtrak said:
N I C E V I D E O TF.............That last Aqua color glass thing in your video,is an insulator....Found usually around Train,& Phone lines..........There is a big collectors market for them,even on E-Bay, when found in unbroken condition.......Always enjoy watching your videos.........
B. T. W. ...........I have tried to shoot video,and pics with my cell phone,and even @ 2 MP they come out crummy.........I have a Great Panasonic 5 MP Camera that shoots great Macro close ups,and has a 10x optical zoom,but is WAY too bulky to carry around while searching.... What kind of equipment do you use to shoot your videos and pics? Also do you use some kind of devise to hold it ? Thanks Dave

I just have a normal video camera, its a Panasonic and I either put it in my pouch or in my backpack. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Monty said:
In your video you kept saying something to the effect, "If I don't fall in". Was it on a steep ravine or what were you afraid of falling into? Those are some neat bottles. That dump was a great find. Almost looks like a beauty shop or pharmacy dumped them there? Monty

There were places with frozen over standing water, when ever I said that I was probably right on the edge of the ice. I just didn't want to slip and lad in the water or worse yet get cut too bad as I would have to hike out just to get to my car, the weather was only like 27* when I shot the video. :thumbsup:

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureFiend said:
McEtrak said:

I just have a normal video camera, its a Panasonic and I either put it in my pouch or in my backpack. :thumbsup:
Hey TF what model Panasonic video cam do you have,,,,,and how many M.P. is it ?

OP
OP
treasurefiend

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Off the top of my head I think its a 4 MP, as for the model I would have to check it when I get home from work. I got it about 3 years ago from Bestbuy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions