02-21-12 was a beautiful day

JUNKYARD DOG

Feb 29, 2008
Mid Mo
Detector(s) used
DFX, COMPASS SCANNER,
went to one of my favorite creeks and on my way ran into a beaver chew,
was thinking that maybe early man got some ideas for choping trees or
napping tools and points from the furry engineer, who knows.
found this blade in a spot I havent checked in a while. stuck out like a
sore thumb. found some brokes but I didn't get a picture of those.
take care and good luck to all. JYD.. wes

Attachments

• IMG_1392.JPG
    IMG_1392.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 404
  • IMG_1396.JPG
    IMG_1396.JPG
    151.4 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_1397.JPG
    IMG_1397.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 385
  • IMG_1398.JPG
    IMG_1398.JPG
    126.6 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_1403.JPG
    IMG_1403.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 407
  • IMG_1405.JPG
    IMG_1405.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 411
  • IMG_1408.JPG
    IMG_1408.JPG
    79.3 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_1410.JPG
    IMG_1410.JPG
    74.6 KB · Views: 415
  • IMG_1414.JPG
    IMG_1414.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 413
Upvote 0
JYD!! that is one artifact i sure would love to get in my hands. i have so many ?????'s. but i well wate and see if other people ask them. while [ studdy the artifact. Terry

Hey JYD...I'm in Missouri too and all I do is creek hunt. My properties are in Pike County if you know where that is. The creeks where I hunt are full of that material....I call it "brown creek chert". I've only found one artifact made from it and that one was a palm sized unifaced scraper.

Do you know what the material is actually called?

archer66 said:
Hey JYD...I'm in Missouri too and all I do is creek hunt. My properties are in Pike County if you know where that is. The creeks where I hunt are full of that material....I call it "brown creek chert". I've only found one artifact made from it and that one was a palm sized unifaced scraper.

Do you know what the material is actually called?
hey archer66 I thought it was the same as you, but after I talked and showed a very good freind
who has a amazing collection, who told me that this is a tan burlington material with creek stain,
in hand you can see you can see the difference between the creek gravel and this piece. Thanks for the reply.
flintmel said:
Wow, that's big, very nice!
thanks for the nice reply! flintmel. wes
tmodel said:
JYD!! that is one artifact i sure would love to get in my hands. i have so many ?????'s. but i well wate and see if other people ask them. while [ studdy the artifact. Terry
ask away tmodel, dont know if I can give you the answers, but ask away. Thanks man! wes

Great pictures, JYD.....I love all the in-situ's you took of that artifact!

Charmin said:
Great pictures, JYD.....I love all the in-situ's you took of that artifact!
thanks, most times I would of forgot my camera at home, not this time.
Thanks. JYD

Way to go JYD :icon_thumright:
I would have loved to have found that piece......
Very nice.

Man what a nice find . That thing looks huge. Was it around 6''. It is so rare to find anything that long and not broke. Really like the knapping style also. Good job JYD. Thanks for sharin.
TnMtns

Congratulations! Now that is a really nice find. I have found some points up here in Mt. made out of that same color of material. Looks like it got a little knicked tumbling in the creek? Old digger.

ok JYD!! all ????? have been answerd by your photos and other peoples ???. except in photo #1405 is left corner of base broken or is other side just sharpend to many times. Terry

Great find. It's a wonder something that big survived surrounded by all those boulders!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back