08-09-2010/ Silver medieval ornament and more finds ...

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This afternoon I had the luck to have the grant of a new fields ,in three hours I could find:
1 - hunt fields.
2 - Rambo, my new assistant excavation. (No hard field that can resist) :laughing9:
3 - Hammerd in field.
4 - Finds (golden circle is a gold watch)
5-Findings of all kinds (three are barrel tap)
6 - all coins.
7/8 - two hammered.
9 - this medieval ornament is the best found in months. :hello2: (Possibly belonged to the covers of a book or some religious altarpiece 15th century religious painting)
Greetings!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 633
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 612
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 625
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 607
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 621
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    53.2 KB · Views: 599
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 604
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 595
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 605
Upvote 0

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great looking finds Hispan. :icon_thumright: Love the medieval ornament above.
I'm turning a shade of green patina envy as I'm typing this :D

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
I like the barrel tap keys. One is probably mid-19th century and another one can be 18th-early 19th century. For me they are always a welcome find. Long gone are days when I put things like these into my 2nd rate relics boxes. The silver ornament is very beautiful. How unfortunate that it's broken.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everyday hunting in Europe is like Christmas. Awesome finds!

OP
OP
HISPAN

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
tuatara said:
I like the barrel tap keys. One is probably mid-19th century and another one can be 18th-early 19th century. For me they are always a welcome find. Long gone are days when I put things like these into my 2nd rate relics boxes. The silver ornament is very beautiful. How unfortunate that it's broken.

Here if there are many barrel tap, it is normal for this broken Medieval ornament is silver foil was bent. but the important thing is to find and restore is easy. (is the top of a Gothic arch.)
Greetings! :hello:

yo6oej

Aug 23, 2008
Toplita , Romania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500 & Pro Pointer / Detech EDS Plus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
beautiful silver ornament,and the hammered coin too ;D congrats hispan :thumbsup:

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:o :o :o

You must be the only person that hunts more than Crusader :laughing9: stunning finds my friend :notworthy:

SS

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Hispan. When I saw the "Rambo, my new assistant excavation. (No hard field that can resist)" I was thinking you found a nice sweet thing to join you in your searches... but I sure did not expect what I saw in the 2nd photo. Your finds are great, and yes, just like Silver Searcher I though the same thing, your posts are looking just like Cru's, and you are beginning to find just as much as him (well, OK, not so many buttons, but who wants them?). Good finds and I am sure a nice hunt. It looks dry there, didn't it rain the past few days?

Keep up the good work and good reporting!

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOODY50 said:
Nice finds Hispan. When I saw the "Rambo, my new assistant excavation. (No hard field that can resist)" I was thinking you found a nice sweet thing to join you in your searches... but I sure did not expect what I saw in the 2nd photo. Your finds are great, and yes, just like Silver Searcher I though the same thing, your posts are looking just like Cru's, and you are beginning to find just as much as him (well, OK, not so many buttons, but who wants them?). Good finds and I am sure a nice hunt. It looks dry there, didn't it rain the past few days?

Maybe, I could search a bit more, if my work didn't get in the way :P
Hispan can be an honorary Cru'member based on time,effort & results :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
HISPAN

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
CRUSADER said:
WOODY50 said:

Maybe, I could search a bit more, if my work didn't get in the way :P
Hispan can be an honorary Cru'member based on time,effort & results :icon_thumright:

I promise hunting less :laughing7:
and I think I like this man, my fields are much poorer results. Crusader lives over a great treasure, including SS and Shaun do better than me.
I see this as a great team of European relic hunters. ... I have to admit that my teachers are SS and Crusader.
greetings to everyone! :wink:

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HISPAN said:
and I think I like this man, my fields are much poorer results. Crusader lives over a great treasure, including SS and Shaun do better than me.
I see this as a great team of European relic hunters. ... I have to admit that my teachers are SS and Crusader.
Hoi Hispan... I have to agree 100%, Cru lives on a Eldorado or golden goose site, huge site full of goodies. Finds just seem to pop out of the ground into his pocket, just like a jack in a box :smileinbox:

Andorra is a rich hunting place too I would imagine, you just have to find the old places (get into the maps!). Holland is rich too, but only in the center of the cities, which are old, but hunting them (construction sites) is almost nulled out nowadays and illegal (no trespassing signs), and the finds are just too deep to find normally with a metal detector (1 to 3 meters deep). England is just a wonderful place to search, it has such a long history (not Holland) and was (is) very rich.

To give you a little idea of what it is like to search in Amsterdam (construction site) and how the ground there was filled in every century to keep their feet dry, and the nice finds are so deep, this text from the book " A small history from Amsterdam":

"One of the oldest houses that was found from the begin of Aemstelredamme (the old name for Amsterdam) dates from 1225, which was a half century before the city was properly named. By a archaeological dig on an area where a old theater was torn down on the NewDike a fireplace was found from a house, this at 4 meters (about 13 feet) deep. Also the garden boundaries were found, along with some household items. A great amount of industrial waste was also found which showed the occupation of the pioneer. Thick layers of ash, a large amount of coal, much iron waste and some tools indicated he was a blacksmith........"

In England you find coins from that time and older and such just a few centimeters under the ground.

"

OP
OP
HISPAN

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOODY50 said:
HISPAN said:
Hoi Hispan... I have to agree 100%, Cru lives on a Eldorado or golden goose site, huge site full of goodies. Finds just seem to pop out of the ground into his pocket, just like a jack in a box :smileinbox:

Andorra is a rich hunting place too I would imagine, you just have to find the old places (get into the maps!). Holland is rich too, but only in the center of the cities, which are old, but hunting them (construction sites) is almost nulled out nowadays and illegal (no trespassing signs), and the finds are just too deep to find normally with a metal detector (1 to 3 meters deep). England is just a wonderful place to search, it has such a long history (not Holland) and was (is) very rich.

To give you a little idea of what it is like to search in Amsterdam (construction site) and how the ground there was filled in every century to keep their feet dry, and the nice finds are so deep, this text from the book " A small history from Amsterdam":

"One of the oldest houses that was found from the begin of Aemstelredamme (the old name for Amsterdam) dates from 1225, which was a half century before the city was properly named. By a archaeological dig on an area where a old theater was torn down on the NewDike a fireplace was found from a house, this at 4 meters (about 13 feet) deep. Also the garden boundaries were found, along with some household items. A great amount of industrial waste was also found which showed the occupation of the pioneer. Thick layers of ash, a large amount of coal, much iron waste and some tools indicated he was a blacksmith........"

In England you find coins from that time and older and such just a few centimeters under the ground.

"

That's impossible ... I have no car to visit Roman and Medieval fields, I have to be content with things the ages 17,18 and 19. (Although there are days that I have luck and find things from these centuries) :wink:

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HISPAN said:
That's impossible ... I have no car to visit Roman and Medieval fields, I have to be content with things the ages 17,18 and 19. (Although there are days that I have luck and find things from these centuries) :wink:
OK Hispan, understand. I guess where you live the buses and stuff are not very good either then, in Holland, because its small, you can use the trains and buss es and get pretty close to many good areas. Maybe you could find another detectorist living close by and join up, just an idea....

tuatara

Jan 21, 2010
Detector(s) used
ML Explorer SE
Here if there are many barrel tap, it is normal for this broken Medieval ornament is silver foil was bent. but the important thing is to find and restore is easy. (is the top of a Gothic arch.)
Greetings!

Good to hear that it can be easily restored :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread