$1,000,000 for anyone who can dowse.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Dell Winders said:
And I will add one more thing about the character of Mr. Randi, based not on opinion, but on proven fact and personal experience. He is sneaky, and he is a liar. He can sue me if he can prove me wrong. He can't.

I have no respect for this man of deception. Dell
If he can't prove you wrong, then you must have proof that you're right? Hard, documented evidence? Things we can see and read???

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
http://www.cfpf.org.uk/articles/background/nicholls.html

A Self-Confessed Liar
To be fair, he has never claimed to be anything other than a showman, best expressed by his own remark,
'I am a charlatan, a liar, a thief and a fake altogether.'
However, those he has maligned find it less amusing and persistent rumours of forthcoming libel cases would seem to be entirely justified. Perhaps more importantly still, the mischief caused by his unsupported explanations can be profound; the effect is to cloud the issues as his 'debunkings' become part of the public lore. It is thus particularly unfortunate that so many top-ranking scientists, desperate to ignore evidence to the extent that they will believe almost anyone who opposes the paranormal, still appear to take his views seriously, quoting his research as if it were really credible.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
1294 posts on this thread…The truth is here and all you have to do is read it….
Magician

Magician may refer to:
[edit] Performers of magic
• Magician (paranormal), a person who performs feats using supernatural means
• Magician (fantasy), a character in a fictional fantasy context who performs supernatural feats
• Illusionist, an entertainer who creates illusions of impossible or supernatural feats (magic tricks)
• Escape artist, a type of magician who specializes in escapes from restraints
[edit] Film and television
• The Magician (1926 film), a horror film directed by Rex Ingram
• The Magician (1958 film), a drama directed by Ingmar Bergman
• The Magician (2005 film), a crime drama directed by Scott Ryan
• The Magician (2006 film), a comedy drama directed by Cem Yılmaz
• Magicians (film), a 2007 comedy directed by Andrew O'Connor
• The Magician (TV series), an American series that aired in 1973-1974
• The Magician (animated series), an animated series that aired in 1999
[edit] Other uses
• The Magician (Tarot card)
• Magician (comics), a Marvel Comics character
• Magician (video game)
• Fabrice Santoro, French tennis player nicknamed "The Magician"

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
1294 posts on this thread…The truth is here and all you have to do is read it….
Magician

Magician may refer to:
[edit] Performers of magic
• Magician (paranormal), a person who performs feats using supernatural means
• Magician (fantasy), a character in a fictional fantasy context who performs supernatural feats
• Illusionist, an entertainer who creates illusions of impossible or supernatural feats (magic tricks)
• Escape artist, a type of magician who specializes in escapes from restraints
[edit] Film and television
• The Magician (1926 film), a horror film directed by Rex Ingram
• The Magician (1958 film), a drama directed by Ingmar Bergman
• The Magician (2005 film), a crime drama directed by Scott Ryan
• The Magician (2006 film), a comedy drama directed by Cem Yılmaz
• Magicians (film), a 2007 comedy directed by Andrew O'Connor
• The Magician (TV series), an American series that aired in 1973-1974
• The Magician (animated series), an animated series that aired in 1999
[edit] Other uses
• The Magician (Tarot card)
• Magician (comics), a Marvel Comics character
• Magician (video game)
• Fabrice Santoro, French tennis player nicknamed "The Magician"
How is this the truth, Art? The first few lines from a Wikipedia listing for the word magician? Oh, wait! So you're saying that dowsers are magic?!? This thread is about dowsing, it's in the dowsing section, so you must be telling us that you're magic!! Bravo, Art!! I can't wait to see you pull a rabbit out of your coathanger!!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/about-james-randi.html

James Randi has an international reputation as a magician and escape artist, but today he is best known as the world's most tireless investigator and demystifier of paranormal and pseudoscientific claims.

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/amazing-meeting.html

The Amaz!ng Meeting is a celebration of critical thinking and skepticism sponsored by the James Randi Educational Foundation. Thinking people travel the world to share learning, laughs and life with fellow skeptics and distinguished guest speakers.

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
aarthrj3811 said:
http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/about-james-randi.html

James Randi has an international reputation as a magician and escape artist, but today he is best known as the world's most tireless investigator and demystifier of paranormal and pseudoscientific claims.

http://www.randi.org/site/index.php/amazing-meeting.html

The Amaz!ng Meeting is a celebration of critical thinking and skepticism sponsored by the James Randi Educational Foundation. Thinking people travel the world to share learning, laughs and life with fellow skeptics and distinguished guest speakers.
Since Art rarely bothers to post his own words and thoughts, I can only assume that he was so astounded by the two quotations above, he felt a need to post them here.

Even though Art has spoken badly about Randi for years, writing as though he knew everything about the man, this is obviously his first visit to Randi's site and he's been rendered speechless by what he's seen......

Libralabsoldier

Jan 7, 2007
Baker,LA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150
As I said, at least the million dollars is real. Hovind could never produce the proof that his money in the250K evolution challenge existed.

aussie 1

Aug 4, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Physical Dowsing"is also a made up terminology by Dell to explain why he doesn't know how mental dowsing or his glorified rods which don't work are supposed to work.
He will answer this post at great length.
( dowser 501) max

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Hey Dell..Great Post…I wish more people understood the difference between Physical and Mental Dowsing..Physical Dowsing has served me well….I find that every LRL that I have tried will work for me. It makes me believe that if you try to do a physical thing with your mental capabilities you are doomed to failure…Art

Slim King

Dec 7, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like someone promised the Million to get a Thief out of jail......
THE CO-FOUNDER OF THE JAMES RANDI EDUCATIONAL FOUNDATION HAS BEEN ARRESTED FOR FRAUD BY THE FBI and randi posted a million dollar promise to pay .... wonder where that came from...
:headbang: :hello2: :hello: :help: :argue: :argue: :blob7: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft: 8) 8)

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~woof~
One reason they had the million is that they didn't waste it back in 2008 to pay a guy to demo that he could "hear voices". (I wouldn't waste 25 cents on such a demo.)
Your right for a change...No one as been allowed to take the million dollar test. No wonder that there are thousands of unhappy people who have applied for the scam...Art

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
aarthrj3811 said:
~woof~
One reason they had the million is that they didn't waste it back in 2008 to pay a guy to demo that he could "hear voices". (I wouldn't waste 25 cents on such a demo.)
Your right for a change...No one as been allowed to take the million dollar test. No wonder that there are thousands of unhappy people who have applied for the scam...Art

The guy in question never gave a reason why his demo would be worth watching. Even for 25 cents. You see the same stuff on the LRL forum.

I don't know whether AR ever cheated anyone out of the right to shoot for the million, maybe so and maybe not. But the stories I've heard from people who claim they were cheated out of the million bucks are stories which afford the claimants no credibility whatsoever. Their own story doesn't wash, don't even need to hear AR's side of it. They're BS'ers who know they ain't got squat and just want to brag about how they were important enough to have been dismissed by AR-- if it even got as far as bothering to file an application. The gullibillies eat it up.

--Toto

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gee woof..Over 1200 posts on this thread...I would guess that everyone has had their say about this topic..It has been exposed for what it is..Art

Slim King

Dec 7, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep ... The JREF won't let anyone take the test. So they can keep the million for themselves but guess what ... NOW THEY ARE BUSTED FOR BEING A FRAUD!!!!

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
woof! said:
aarthrj3811 said:
~woof~

The guy in question never gave a reason why his demo would be worth watching. Even for 25 cents. You see the same stuff on the LRL forum.

I don't know whether AR ever cheated anyone out of the right to shoot for the million, maybe so and maybe not. But the stories I've heard from people who claim they were cheated out of the million bucks are stories which afford the claimants no credibility whatsoever. Their own story doesn't wash, don't even need to hear AR's side of it. They're BS'ers who know they ain't got squat and just want to brag about how they were important enough to have been dismissed by AR-- if it even got as far as bothering to file an application. The gullibillies eat it up.

--Toto

Since the guy in question wants more attention, and wants it right here, here it is: http://www.myspace.com/professorslimking

And this is what he's beating his chest about: http://forums.randi.org/showthread.php?t=122607

Not worth a million bucks. There was no reason to think that the event would have produced scientific evidence of anything interesting, only a demo of the showman's art.

At least, being a professional showman, he actually filed an app. The better to add to his resume, as you just saw. Most of the whiners who claim they could win if given a chance never even bothered to find out what the qualification requirements were, much less filled out an app. We all knew "I could, if" kids like this in grade school, and they're adults now still working off that same alabi system.

--Toto

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
woof! said:
I've done necromancy too. It wasn't supernatural, it had nothing to do with performance art, it proved nothing of a scientific nature to anyone, it was not a con game and it was a good thing. For good reason that the OT prophet (sorry I forgot chapter and verse) excoriated necromancers who "peep and jibber", that kind of necromancy leads to nothing good and is nearly always fraudulent anyhow. Slim is a performance artist, he can explain this stuff better than I can (probably almost as well as AR can) but I predict that he won't. He earns his living at it. In his own way, he's just another AR.
To put it from another angle, he wants the AR foundation or whatever to make a big investment in a Slim peep-and-jibber show. Whatever the AR foundation or whatever is, they ain't that particular kind of idjit. Peep-&-jibber shows are old hat, they do more to make fools of perps than to prove anything interesting about dead souls. What Slim himself has posted is still online, Slim may be ashamed of it but the AR foundation or whatever isn't.
--Toto

This thread began as critique of "the Amazing Randi". There have been some interesting developments in that story, some of which his personal critics may have gotten a whiff of a lot sooner than did the rest of us who had nothing invested in the guy one way or the other. That story is still unfolding, I don't know how it will turn out. But here's my take on it, subject to revision without notice.

1. The guy's accused of being homosexual. What's that to me? I really don't give a carp. Some of the best people I've known male and female have been gay, and of the worst nearly all have been hetero or at least pretending to be so.

2. His young buddy is accused of identity fraud, being an illegal alien. The "illegal alien" part doesn't bother me any, given that most of our ancestors came here without legal status, and also because I live less than an hour's walk from Mexico. Wild guess 1% of my co-workers are illegal and 10% of my neighbors are, I make no such distinction myself, that's for the taxman to decide. Identity fraud, well, that's fraud no matter how you cut it. Who was harmed by the fraud and by how much? Heck, if it weren't for the US Government turning a blind eye to SS account fraud, you (in the USA) wouldn't know what food looks like, so remember that when you say Grace. AR's buddy is just part of the system that gave you diabetes and kept the roof on your house repaired.

3. AR is a "magician" (i.e., stage performer) by any standard. It's an honorable profession and he admits to practicing it. He has done the world a service by attempting to educate people on how con artists use similar techniques, especially trying to educate scientists how con men work because many scientists simply assume that most people have intellectual integrity. That's how the Internet which began as a system where trust was more or less a given, became the world of computer crime that we constantly have to defend against no differently than from our own physical front door.

4. AR (as I understand it) established a foundation and a US$1M prize for (to simplify it) prove something previously regarded as supernatural, thereby revising scientific understanding. The prize was not a $20 bill. He said (as I understand it) that his money was probably safe, but that seeing scientific understanding overturned was worth a million bucks if you've got it, and he evidently had it. Of course an offer like that is an open invitation to con artists who either want the million bucks itself or a claim to have been cheated out of it. So ya gotta cut BS'ers some slack to maintain some credibility, but at some point ya gotta lose patience with pretenders.

5. How many people have applied for the million bucks? And actually met the standards imposed for screening qualification, after this ain't welfare!? Of those, how many had the competency to negotiate a million-dollar proof protocol, assuming that the AR foundation was completely honest and eager to see the money go to a prizewinner? Well heck, where is that contestant? So far, as far as I know, the contestants have been bigger crooks than the AR Foundation Whatever, has been accused of being.

6. It feels rather odd here, defending an organization that I know virtually nothing about, knowing only too well the people and organizations who are attacking it. Is AR & Co. saints? Probably not. Is your preferred Presidential candidate (USA) a saint? Gotta be kidding! We're all sinners!

7. As I said, "knowing only too well the people and organizations who are attacking." You also know them, and the point-blank question is what do they pin on you? Do you knuckle under, or do you create a world better and smarter than the one than the world as it really is, was delivered to you for you to reinvent?

--Toto

An Ri Rua

Apr 7, 2008
On da money
Detector(s) used
Mermet brass pendulum; Aqua Locator (antique), Luddite Skeptic detector
Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas any more.
...................We must be over the rainbow!

Wake up Toto, wake up. And smell the coffee. Don't be telling people that what works doesn't work. As we say in Ireland, get up that garden with ya...... http://www.oilandgasinquirer.com/article.asp?article=magazine/080324/MAG2008_MO0001.html George Starozik leads a double life, one conventional and the other distinctly less so. The 81-year-old founder of Camaro Drilling Ltd., has piloted his firm since 1978 without posting a single annual loss, he still manages its daily affairs and he's the second-longest serving director of the Canadian Association of Oilwell Drilling Contractors. As a sideline, Starozik (shown here) has also been quietly dowsing for oil and gas almost as long as he's drilled for it.

10claw

Aug 16, 2009
anyone that thinks randy boy is going to give up a million for anything at all is out in la la land. maybe the twilight zone too.
what are you smoking? gerbil juice???? :o :o. you people need much :help: :help: :help: :help:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread