1-1-2015 FL Beach with BH land Ranger Pro

androidjustin

Jun 3, 2014
so first I went to the beach near me to find out they flattened the ground,so I drove 15 min more to the main saint peterburg beach "first time here" it's big!!! ton of people I think I will go morning 7:00 am . But my BH land Ranger pro was going crazy Like when I had my cell phone by it, so I might try my Ace 150 there. here my find
another cross "not silver"
1 - quarter
3 - penny
1 - dime
plus lot of junk

IMG_0660.JPG

Upvote 0

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Try turning down the sensitivity a little to see if the interference decreases, and also, you may need to ground grab often. Looks like your having fun at the beach. hope your not too busy to peek at some eye candy.

OP
OP
A

androidjustin

Jun 3, 2014
Try turning down the sensitivity a little to see if the interference decreases, and also, you may need to ground grab often. Looks like your having fun at the beach. hope your not too busy to peek at some eye candy.

I just bought a "Fisher Labs 1280-X Aquanaut" on ebay for 300 bucks shipped soo.. happy can't wait for it to get here!!

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Make sure you inspect the battery cover for cracks and also inspect the gasket. Be careful when you install the batteries, do not over tighten the battery cover screws. I got mine off Craigslist, I inspected it before I paid. Being in Ohio I use it to hunt in fresh water.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
note sea water areas are loaded with "minerals" (dissolved metals) that the BH detectors will see as a "wall of metal" --thus its going nuts * to solve this issue -- you must "ground balance" the machine to the conditions at hand --to do so you will have to make the machine less sensitive so that it doesn't pick up the "background" minerals ..you do this by reducing the "power output / sensitivity levels" -- or by using discrimation or both (depending up conditions ) --- emf from nearby electrical wires or power gen items , as well as cell phones can also cause issues ..the cure is the same --in the case of cell phones power them down...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions