1/25/12 - 4 Boxes of Halves (6 Keepers!!)

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Hey,

Well, I have torn through my first four boxes from "Bank A":

Box 1 (String wrappers)

1 - 40% 1966
1 - 40% 1968
2 - 40% 1969

Box 2 (Black and White Wrappers with no name on them)
skunk

(I should have known that wrappers that are the same colors as skunks ended up being skunks!)

Box 3 (String wrappers)
1 - 40% 1967 (RE)

Box 4 (String wrappers)
1 - 40% 1966

Not a stellar day, but enough to make me smile!

I ordered 4 more from "Bank A", which will arrive next Wednesday. I will give them another week or two to see if they are good producers or not. I also opened an account at "Bank B". I have 12 boxes coming from them next Tuesday. And... I now have a designated "Dump Bank".

More to come!

H$H!!
TGB

Upvote 0
Re: 1/25/12 - 4 Boxes (6 Keepers!!)

You know, its funny how things work in this hobby. I was convinced my first bank played out and went to another, started off well there and now I have been getting a lot of skunks. Went back to the first bank and boxes are producing like never before. No rhyme or reason to it.

only 1 skunk out of 4 is pretty good! Good luck on all your boxes next week! :icon_thumright:

namster said:
You know, its funny how things work in this hobby. I was convinced my first bank played out and went to another, started off well there and now I have been getting a lot of skunks. Went back to the first bank and boxes are producing like never before. No rime or reason to it.

I've had a somewhat similar experience at my main p/u bank lately. Two weeks ago I got two skunk boxes, last week I got 56 keepers with nearly half of those being 90% from my two boxes and today (Wed) I got one box with 7 keepers and my 2nd box was a skunk. You just never know - but I guess that's part fun. Of course it would sure be even more fun if all boxes were loaded. :)

congrats TGB you're off to a great start, keep up the volume!

Bigheed said:
congrats TGB you're off to a great start, keep up the volume!

Thanks guys!

Bigheed, you are the one who taught me about volume. The 12 from "B" and 4 from "A" are just a starting point. They will likely increase the week after! Thanks for the inspiration!!

My "dump" is going to love me....

H$H!!
TGB

Awesome man. About 18 boxes/week is my max so far, cant bring myself to dump more than 2K at any given branch. I guess I need to get over that!

Good luck to you!

namster said:
Awesome man. About 18 boxes/week is my max so far, cant bring myself to dump more than 2K at any given branch. I guess I need to get over that!

Good luck to you!

Thank you "Nam"!

And to you too!!

H$H!!
TGB

Good Job Bry and keep on rockin' it. You're doing well.

HH Dave

Trust me, you will not get away with dumping all that coin for long!!! Not up north at least! 2 weeks tops and the hammer would come down.

Hi Ho Silver! said:
Trust me, you will not get away with dumping all that coin for long!!! Not up north at least! 2 weeks tops and the hammer would come down.

Funny you mention that. I found a branch that is next to a mall and they have a separate "cash cage" in the vault. The Manager said he could easily handle 6K in bags no problem. I already mapped out my "dump route" before I committed to 16+ boxes a week.

H$H!!
TGB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back