1 A. M. Find, ONE THIN DIME

F

free2Dtect

Side walk again, figured I'd give it a shot for you know what and giggles. Got a low reading kicked away some top and had a better reading. Dug down and flipped some dirt out. Scanned that and knew for sure i had a good target. Picked it up and thought "what the"? Well got home and was surprised to see the date just readable, with my loop. Turns out it is an 1853 with arrows Seated Dime.My oldest silver so far. Well try to post picture tomarrow, but no telling if anything well show. Must be the one that the saying started about, ONE THIN DIME.

Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Free, look forward to the pic! HH, Mike

A

autobot79

Arrrg......Most the sidewalks in my town are from the 70's!
I swear I live in the worst place for MDing.....

F

Floater

One Thin Dime and now you need 2-1/2 just to make a phone call. Of course when that one was made we were still fifty or so years away from Phones. Nice find. Can I have it. ;D Loan me a Dime.Thats one of my Favorite tunes, Boz Scaggs and Duane Allman What a great jam. Later and Congratulations.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Like I said earlier, you're about due for a nice Seated Quarter. The odds are with you. When you gonna invite me to come and hunt with you ;D?

S

Sixties Kid

What that dime would buy back then would cost $5 today. But then, today it would be cheap, made in China, and fall apart within a month.

Nice find!

lets_go

Dec 29, 2004
Wyandotte, Michigan
autobot79 said:
Arrrg......Most the sidewalks in my town are from the 70's!
I swear I live in the worst place for MDing.....

nice finds pete,

I'm beginnig to hate the word sidewalk. ?All the sidewalks in the downtown area in my city were tore up and replaced. ?The only thing I have going is the areas rich history.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool find idjit! ;D

HH

Lonewolfe

B

Broncox Vernon BC

1AM??, well I guess I'm not alone!, I've detected on several occasions between 1 and 3 AM!(insomnia) I use a "headlight" to see. But Any time for silver is a good time!!
Great find!
Broncox

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Pete,
I can see why you detect at 1:00 in the morning. By the time you see the red X on the sidewalk, you barely have time to run home to get your detector before it is replaced.
I hope your not digging these up in the wet cement. LOL

don

Jan 21, 2005
too bad its in such rough shape but its still cool and at least you can make out the date.
I have only found 1 seated and it was even worse than yours
but the date can bee seen and you can barely make out the seated woman

Attachments

• seated dime.jpg
    seated dime.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 265

Mystro7

Mar 30, 2005
Ok thats it, screw Eau Claire....La Crosse here I come! You been gettin some good stuff man, keep it up, and keep on telling what and how you got it. You have helped me out a few times with some of your posts. Thanks.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey Mystro,
Don't give up on Eau Claire. They have been doing a lot of work in the downtown district in the last few years. I was over there last year when they had all the sidewalks around University Square out. the boulevards were scraped too. Problem was that when I got there, the cement was poured and the boulevards were filled with nice fresh "clean" dirt. Maybe I'll see you there sometime.
Good luck!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread