1 acre of beep beeep what the bleep

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rain, frost, your heel, worms. I have found 1996 Roosevelt dimes 10" deep and Indian head cents on the surface. The soil is an active medium. For 60,000+ years man has been working it and disturbing it for various reasons.

lostinthewoods

Tenderfoot
Jun 13, 2014
Central Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter 7 ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't give up! That one thing that you pass over may be the treasure you want to find! I have also uncovered hot wheels and hair brets but then found a penny from the 50's! You just never know. I have metal detected for years with my Dad and we always went else where and then one day I decided to check the 5 acres around my house and I have found very interesting things such as horse shoes, nails, and the best finds were the turn dial of a lantern that has a date of 1860 by Venus and also corner pieces of a steamer chest!!! You just never know what is beyond the trash :) Happy hunting!

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You never know.. not sure where it came from.. either the park, my neighbors yard, or the another spot, as I dumped all what I THOUGHT was clad in a pan.. went to put it in the tumbler and noticed the outline of the head dress.. after hours of hot peroxide and scratching with tooth picks.. I have a real nice piece to show folks.. Not worth anything but still very happy about finding it.. I have done my 40 square foot of yard about 4 times and still keep finding things... BTW good stuff can be under junk and you won't know till you did up the junk.. it is called silent masking. This article is very helpful too someone new to MD. Truth About Search Coils
Keep at it you will find something good when you least expect to!

1901IHheads.jpg 1901IHtails.jpg

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like that airscapes.Thats a nice find.And charlie P. is right the soil can cause things to shift in the ground all the time.

bigfoot1

Silver Member
Nov 1, 2011
so.cal.mtns.
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
garrett,minelab,fisher,,,atp current weapon of choice
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
dont want to discount the effect of dry to wet soil conditions.picture the ground shrinking as it dries,cracks opening then swelling as it recieves moisture.Freeze thaw...same thing.The most overlooked reason of all.....

download.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread