1 Dime Box and 4 Penny Boxes

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
I know I was supposed to be done with coin for the summer, but a friend of mine and myself went hunting for bullion at the few shops that are actually open on Mondays (the VAST majority of pawn shops, jewlers, and coin dealers are closed on Monday here). Didn't find a single thing worth buying, and since my friend still CRH's, he hit a couple banks for dime and quarter handrolls. I had a fair chunk of cash on me for buying the bullion with and I was tempted being around all that coin, so I picked up a dime box (I wanted 2-3 of them but since I am not a "business customer" they would only give me one). They are always VERY picky about that. Went to another bank for the 4 penny boxes... one that for some reason always has a ton of boxes even though they are a really small branch.

Well, the Dime box produced a lone silver waffer: a 1950 Roosevelt. Still beats the last 2 boxes I did weeks ago which were both skunks.

Only got one penny box so far (I'm picking out the coppers and wheats), and have gotten 19 98% canadian keepers as well as about the same amount of canadian rejects (no copper) and 14 wheats.

The copper production was decent, no specific numbers though. Will post them once I finish the other three boxes.

~Dave

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread