1 hour and 15 minutes.....

Zyk

May 29, 2020
Second cornfield on the left, Indiana
Primary Interest:
Other
And what i lost in weight sweating my butt off, i gained back in....a bunch of everything!!
The geods:
I know these are all about the same size and there's nothing special about them but i have plans for them, in the form of a clear glass bowl and a single plant. But before i do that is there really a good way to tell whats inside them...i wouldnt want to put one in a planter that may be full of amethyst :laughing7:

The fossils:
Yep have no idea what ill do with these yet but i guess they're neat looking or i wouldn't have picked'em up!!
If you have any ideas chime in!!

Smooth stones:
Have absolutely no idea what they are but the are smooth and i cant scratch them with my finger nail so i thought about tumbling them till they are very shiny and use them around a tabletop fire pit. They do have some pretty cool banding in them. My only reservation is how well do they hold up to heat?

And if someone could explain to me how to upload pictures off my phone ill show you what i found!!!

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Tnet . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . .:hello:

Upvote 0

Steve1236

Sep 14, 2017
Az
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, welcome to tnet. When you are starting a thread like this one, above where you see a smile emoji go four over to the right and you'll see a square picture with a tree, that's where you upload pics from your phone, next one over if for uploading a video.

Upvote 0

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome from Michigan!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Zyk

Zyk

May 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
Well it appears, i have been away from forums too long...im almost ashamed that i forgot about that and i think my picture quality needs to improve just a tiny bit as well!!!

20200602_214531.jpg
20200602_214608.jpg
20200602_214833.jpg

Upvote 0

Steve1236

Sep 14, 2017
Az
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fossils look to be sedimentary, sea shells, clams, corals etc, the geodes are most likely nodules but you'd have to cut or break them open to know for sure and the smooth stones look like granitoid gneiss, sandstone, maybe some rhyolite, best guesses from pictures, someone else might have a better idea of what you have.
Steve.

Upvote 0

fuss

Jul 27, 2018
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can safely put them all in your planter, no Amethyst in these. The top group is fossiliferous limestone, second group does not look like geodes (hollow interior) they look more like quartz and or carbonate rocks..maybe break one to see.. third group is a mix of igneous, metamorphic and sedimentary rock. All common for your area.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Zyk

Zyk

May 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
The fossils i wont put anywhere but in a little box the geod things will go in a section of my landscaping but the smooth rocks that are to hard for me to scratch with my thumbnail i am wanting to polish to make them look nice in my table top fire pit. It will be fuled by propain using a burner from a grill so i dont think the heat will be able to get much over 400 degrees. Like i said i just dont want to have any of the rocks pop, break or explode while we're sitting around having a few adult libations!!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Zyk

Zyk

May 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
i will have a few more pictures for you guys. All of these rocks i have picked up walking around my place of work that was built on an old limestone quarry and they also use to dredge the creek bed for sand so there is a plethora of different stones/rocks/minerals/fossils and what not.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Zyk

Zyk

May 29, 2020
Primary Interest:
Other
Here is a decent example of what i seem to find alot of. I been picking alot of them for a little project im working on. It would be nice to know exactly what it is. It would also be nice to know if they have any value. Dont want to be gluing these things to a flower pot if they're worth something LoL
20200607_205757.jpg
20200607_205818.jpg
20200607_205826.jpg

Upvote 0

Steve1236

Sep 14, 2017
Az
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it might be red jasper, no real value, I'd have fun and glue away :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread