1 hour of fun on a cool Sunday afternoon

Big E

Jan 17, 2008
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Whites XLT
The weather has turned a little cold here in Nebraska the last couple of days. It has made the ground a little harder to dig. I waited until 3:00 in the afternoon to venture out and see what the ground was like. The ground was hard, but diggable after the first 3 inches. I headed over to the local park for a quick hunt. The temp was 37 degrees. No wind, so it didn't feel too bad. My very first dig was the merc. Couldn't believe it. After about 50 minutes or so I had another good signal. I missed the location slightly, but with the probe I soon found where it was at. Dug off to the side and out came the quarter. What an even bigger surprise. Those are not found too often in the parks around here. It sure wasn't carried in any pockets very long. It is in great shape. Anyway, shortly after that I headed home a very happy hunter. Thanks for reading and Happy Hunting to all.

Big E

Attachments

• coins 020 (Small).jpg
    coins 020 (Small).jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 600
  • coins 021 (Small).jpg
    coins 021 (Small).jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 600
Upvote 0

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Whoa!! Nice finds! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I've hunted a few Nebraska parks and didn't find anything that nice. Of course, I don't claim I knew what I was doing then... ;D

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Big E and welcome to TN. You are off to a great start. Nice looking silver indeed.
-MM-

3RINGER

Feb 1, 2009
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
GPX 4800, Blisstool V6, AT Pro, Makro Racer, CZ3D, XL PRO, Nokta Relic, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
good to go for a short hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread