$1 Laptop sold for $75

New Direction

Apr 10, 2012
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Got this Pentium 3 Toughbook for $1 in perfect working condition. Sold it on Craigslist for $75. Wife says it counts towards my treasure finding fund for my new detector!

IMG_0231.JPG IMG_0230.JPG

Papa Bear

Bronze Member
Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A Panasonic Toughbook for a buck and it wasn't stolen? Good job making some dough off it though.

pwcguy

May 20, 2010
Va
Detector(s) used
E-Trac (retired)
CTX3030, Double Eagle
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I woulda given you $100 for it. That's awsome. They sell old laptops around here for hundreds of dollars. Dosn't make any sense to me.

OP
OP
New Direction

New Direction

Apr 10, 2012
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live on Cape Cod theres alot of rich people here and the garage sales are gold mines. The lady had it marked for $5 and I caught her while she was packing up for the day. She said "everythings a dollar" as I spotted the laptop and I said "even the toughbook?" and laughed. She said yes with a serious tone so I figured just hand her the money and leave without saying any more about it. :)

Theres no real ghettos here it was a real nice neighborhood. I just figured one of her kids left it when he went away to college or something like that.

mjlalt

Jul 18, 2012
Massachusetts
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Grandmother lives in Harwich . She finds lots of great stuff down on the cape!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread